Deadly Home Invasion in Prichard, AL. (Hoods announce as "ATF" then kill homeowner)
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Deadly Home Invasion in Prichard, AL. (Hoods announce as "ATF" then kill homeowner)

Exclamation Deadly Home Invasion in Prichard, AL. (Hoods announce as "ATF" then kill homeowner)

Deadly Home Invasion in Prichard, AL. (Hoods announce as "ATF" then kill homeowner)
    http://www.wkrg.com/alabama/article/...-2010_2-51-pm/

PRICHARD, AL - Prichard Police are investigating a deadly home invasion. Investigators say the suspects busted in a home dressed in all black and said they were ATF agents. It happened early Wednesday morning.
    Prichard Police responded to a report of one shot at a residence in the 1700 block of Stile Avenue. Upon police arrival, officers discovered a 31-year-old male inside the house, suffering from a fatal gunshot wound to his middle torso area. He was pronounced dead on the scene by medical personnel.
    Investigators say three black male subjects dressed in all black with their faces covered kicked in the door of the residence identifying themselves as ATF agents. Once inside, the suspects searched the home looking for money before shooting the victim, then left taking a flat screen television. There were other occupants inside the house at the time, but they were unharmed.
    If anyone has information about this incident, please call the Prichard Police Department at (251) 452-2211.
    An ARMED individual is a CITIZEN! ...An UNARMED individual is a SUBJECT!

---"If anyone has information about this incident, please call the Prichard Police"--------------Bet they get lots of calls. Stopping the bad guys at the door could have saved his life. Had they been real officers he would have died in a hail of lead so what do you do???

Quote Originally Posted by -06 View Post
    Stopping the bad guys at the door could have saved his life. Had they been real officers he would have died in a hail of lead so what do you do???
    There is no good answer.
    If the people at the door are real law enforcement agents, you're out of luck. Even if they're at the wrong house, you're screwed.

How can you fight back against those announcing themselves as agents of the law with any certainty that they are lying about their authority?

5. This is bad in so many ways, we do not need this type of home invasions to be normal.

Years ago there were so many Cops knocking down the wrong door in SC that I called a Cop friend and warned him to stop being the first in the doors. If they ever broke in my door the first two will die, my friend turned pale. He knew I wasn't kidding.

OldBanjo, how true. Some folks keep AP rounds very handy in 06 or similar rounds. They will not only stop engines but armor as well. Even hitting a plate will probably stop an assailant with broken ribs or worse. I know an ATF agent and told him to treat folks like they wanted to be treated-don't think it made any impact on him.

Hey Y'all: You watch a show like "cops" and I am assuming what I am seeing is real and not staged. If so, it gets scary when you see one of those mass invasions by masked LEOs (usually in unmarked cars) as they announce "police, police" and then quickly bang in the door with guns drawn. Usually the occupants are absolutely surprised. Of course these TV cases always have the bad guys and the cocaine and the guns and the police are correct in their intelligence. But I cannot but think that the surprise look on these perps indicates that they not only did not hear the shouts of the police, but certainly never had a chance to open any door. I'm not saying I feel bad for the perps but I can't help feeling that IF it was the wrong house, what then? Sounds like this thread's case was a way for a bunch of low lifes to do exactly what my "what if" thoughts are on these police breakins. I agree with at least one of the repliers---if I hear those kind of shouts outside my door and are not given any chance to appreciate what is going on, and I have done nothing wrong, I will assume the worst and my 12g will will answer the door as it is forced open.

Same thing happened the other day in Sumpter Township Michigan ( 5 miles south of Belleville, Michigan). The police report indicated two or three black men dressed as a police swat team waving a piece of paper yelling "search warrant-search warrant" got the owner to open the door. They ran in with the premise of searching for drugs (the homeowner had a license to grow medical maijuana) took money, and the drugs. No one was hurt. I'm afraid the "copycat" factor of this method will be in high gear soon.

10. I have an episode of Dark Blue on my Tivo with this exact scenario. ATF and all.

It's terrible that this happened. @oldbanjo i don't want to start fights or anything, i just honestly want to know your opinion. do you think it wise to shoot at the first things that come through your door? what if its family, friends etc. Granted, if they're KICKING in your door, that might be a different story, but don't you think it would be prudent to wait a few seconds to see if it is indeed someone in a law enforcement capacity?

Shoot first ask ??? later

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast