Able to be sued for use of hollow point? - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Able to be sued for use of hollow point?

The state of Tennessee actually suggests the use of hollowpoints do to the lowered risk of over penetration and richochet control as well as stopping performance.
    Last edited by jlperryusa; 02-02-2011 at 06:28 PM. Reason: spelling

the use of hollow points is a safety issue as they are less likely to go through an assailent and strike a bystander. they are also a safety issue in that they are more likely to stop the assailent. perhaps you should contact a knowledgeable lawyer but with the exception of new jersy i think you are safe to use hollowpoints.

Hollow points are legal in Texas and I would be happy to loan a bad guy a couple. Truth is you can be sued for anything. But I will portect myself and my family with whatever force is necessary.

Luckily, IN also has a nice little statute stating that "No person in this state shall be placed in legal jeopardy of any kind whatsoever for protecting the person or a third person by reasonable means necessary." IC 35-41-3-2 Section 2a(2)

This means, according to Section 2a(2), if I have to shoot someone because they're perpetrating a crime that requires the use of deadly force, no legal action can be taken, civil or criminal. No BG or BG family lawsuits.

handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Luckily, IN also has a nice little statute stating that "No person in this state shall be placed in legal jeopardy of any kind whatsoever for protecting the person or a third person by reasonable means necessary." IC 35-41-3-2 Section 2a(2)

This means, according to Section 2a(2), if I have to shoot someone because they're perpetrating a crime that requires the use of deadly force, no legal action can be taken, civil or criminal. No BG or BG family lawsuits.
    Thats nice to know. I did not know that.

handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    Hollow points are legal in Texas and I would be happy to loan a bad guy a couple. Truth is you can be sued for anything. But I will portect myself and my family with whatever force is necessary.
    +1!

8. Use the same ammo your local LEO's do.

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriShooter View Post
    Use the same ammo your local LEO's do.
    That's not a bad idea. I actually use the same sidearm the local LEO's do, the Glock 22. I guess I should ask what kind of ammo they use as well.

10. Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    That's not a bad idea. I actually use the same sidearm the local LEO's do, the Glock 22. I guess I should ask what kind of ammo they use as well.
    For SD, I use HP ammo for .380 and 9mm and ball ammo for .45.

For .380 because it's a lower-powered round and can use the help in expanding the wound track to disable an attacker. I don't use .380 for SD when Winter wear includes heavier clothing.

For 9mm because it's a very fast round and over-penetration is an issue. HP slows it down a bit, presuming you've made meaningful contact with the perp. Year round shooting.

.45 ball is, well, just because the .45ACP round is a pretty good stopper on its own and I don't have a lot of .45ACP HP on hand.

HD use includes a Taurus Judge, shot shells only, no .45Long.

I live in a small house in a subdivision where the homes are close together and I have no desire to shoot through neighborhood walls.

And in Missouri, if the police and the DA find you've made a righteous SD shoot, the law says you cannot be tried in civil court. Which makes me extra-extra-careful in both ammo choice and trigger pulling events. Training is important so you don't miss CBM when you're making sure you can stop the bad guy.

I'm an older, retired guy, somewhat disabled, by the way. But I will not be a victim.

Anyone can sue you anytime about literally anything in this crazy country--and that most certainly comes into play when a firearm and injuries or death occur. In SC a "good shoot" includes no liability--either civilly, or certainly criminally as a good shoot. Regardless, if you need to defend yourself, you must have the undeniable self-presumption of imminent danger of great bodily injury or death, and are using reasonable equipment (readily available commercial firearm and ammunition), there should be no problem. To somehow be thinking about a lawsuit when you should be thinking about your self-defense takes something away from your commitment to your safety.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast