Able to be sued for use of hollow point? - Page 7
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Able to be sued for use of hollow point?

Kansas

Also, ks state law protects homeowners from any.civil lawsuits when force is justifiably used under castle doctrine and I think that also includes our stand your ground law.

Quote Originally Posted by agrippakc View Post
    Also, ks state law protects homeowners from any.civil lawsuits when force is justifiably used under castle doctrine and I think that also includes our stand your ground law.
    Who decides if the force is justifiably used under the CD or SYG laws? In most states is may be a DA or/and a Judge or a Jury. If it is a jury that decides whether it is criminal or civil that means after a trial.

In the class I took they only recommended hollow points. The best way to avoid trouble is to call your loval police department and ask what ammo their officers use and go with that.
    Don't bet on it. A number of departments go with the lowest bid. Do you want to trust your life to that? Better to do your research and spend a good amount of time at it. You'll benefit from your efforts. Besides, why would you think that police are experts when it comes to firearms and ammunition?
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

In the class I took they only recommended hollow points. The best way to avoid trouble is to call your loval police department and ask what ammo their officers use and go with that.
    That's not bad advice.

6. In this litigous society you can be sued for anything. However I believe it's extremely irresponsible to use anything but a self defense load for self defense. Using a JHP helps to insure that you will not kill unintended victims with passthrough shots. So a good defense attorney could rebut.
    "Guns are for defending your life not for defending your pride."

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoy:239941
    Don't bet on it. A number of departments go with the lowest bid. Do you want to trust your life to that? Better to do your research and spend a good amount of time at it. You'll benefit from your efforts. Besides, why would you think that police are experts when it comes to firearms and ammunition?
    The police arent experts nor did I say they were. If somebody is on my property and I feel threatened the law is on my side. Kansas is awesome loke that.

The police arent experts nor did I say they were. If somebody is on my property and I feel threatened the law is on my side. Kansas is awesome loke that.
    Understand that I was only saying that just because someone is an LEO does not necessarily confer firearms/ammunition expert credentials upon them. Many are well informed but I can assure you that many are not when it comes to firearms and the best choice in loads.

Stay safe and never stop learning.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Quote Originally Posted by pb_beaker:176233
    I have had some friends tell me that you can get sued if you use hollow point or exotic ammo in a defense situation. Does anyone know if that is true? Is there have any info out there about this subject?
    The leo world also uses hollow point ammo. I've never of a suit against them for type of ammo used

Quote Originally Posted by pb_beaker View Post
    I have had some friends tell me that you can get sued if you use hollow point or exotic ammo in a defense situation. Does anyone know if that is true? Is there have any info out there about this subject?
    Then every cop out there should be sued. Only a Richard Head D-A will go that route and it seems they have in NJ
    "Those who would trade liberty for security, deserves neither liberty nor security."
    "The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson".

I have several customers that are attorneys, I have asked them to research about using hollow points for self defense. To their knowledge and research based in wisconsin, there are no laws pertaining to the use of hollow points. They did say that each bullet has an attorneys name on it. If you were to fire and hit your target and bullet goes through the individual and hits someone else, chances are you could be sued and charged with that persons injuries. My aacfi instructor advised me to always use ammo where it says on the box for home defense or personal protection.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast