Is there a boogeyman? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is there a boogeyman?

1. Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    In the case I talked about above, the defendant would have been better off saying nothing. Because she admitted firing the weapon in court, which the police did not have, we had no choice but to find her guilty.

In a second case, the defendant said nothing and relied on his lawyer. The defendant walked.

Anecdotal, yes. But this is why you pay a lawyer. It has always worked for me. If they say to not talk, you don't. The PA/DA or lawyer on the other side will always try to trip you up in custody, court or mediation. It is what they get paid to do, win the case. If your lawyer does the talking, the DA/PA or other side's lawyer loses that chance to trip you up. That is also the point of the video Don't talk to the police, silence without council present. With the change in Miranda, they don't have to tell you either.

Lawyer: "When did you stop speeding?"
    Defendant: "I never have."
    Lawyer: "So you admit speeding in the past. No further questions."
    That in court could lose you the case as you just put the thought in the jury's mind.
    Are you an attorney or a regular juror? lol seems like you've been involved with some cases that most of us would not be allowed to be involved with (biased..)
    Quick to the gun, Sure of your grip. Quick to the threat, sure of your shot. - Chris Costa

Quote Originally Posted by ClearSightTactical View Post
    Are you an attorney or a regular juror? lol seems like you've been involved with some cases that most of us would not be allowed to be involved with (biased..)
    Been called to too many jury pools and juries. And have too many friends who are lawyers or police officers.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123