CCW shooting info request - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CCW shooting info request

handgonnetoter Guest
    Let me ask you guys this. If you became hard of hearing or deaf, would you change your minds on weather or not you have the ability to defend yourselves from a violent attack, outside of your home? Not being able to see is a no-brainer. The whole concept of being able to shoot is being able to see. When I go to the range, I have ear plugs and muffs on. When someone says something to me I can't hear them at all. I have to take off my ear protection to talk to someone. Not being able to hear does not effect my shooting at all. Just something to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by handgonnetoter View Post
    Let me ask you guys this. If you became hard of hearing or deaf, would you change your minds on weather or not you have the ability to defend yourselves from a violent attack, outside of your home? Not being able to see is a no-brainer. The whole concept of being able to shoot is being able to see. When I go to the range, I have ear plugs and muffs on. When someone says something to me I can't hear them at all. I have to take off my ear protection to talk to someone. Not being able to hear does not effect my shooting at all. Just something to think about.
    I fail to see why a physically disabled person should be further handicapped in their ability to defend themselves. Once again, no pun intended.

4. Should someone who is deaf be allowed to purchase/possess a silencer?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    Should someone who is deaf be allowed to purchase/possess a silencer?
    From the sound of things, I would say yes. Again no pun intended.

I truly believe that most of the recent replies are playing word games here. Arguments on being blind are ridiculous for CC--stop wasting computer space. Arguments on deaf are somewhat possible but, IMO, it makes for exactly what this thread is all about. If you cannot hear what is going on and only rely on your sight and you make a mistake and someone dies or is seriously injured--c'mon guys--give me a break. It is like the old adage---minor surgery is performed on someone else, major surgery is performed on me. Being deaf and shooting someone else seems to be something we can argue about UNLESS that someone turns out to be you.

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    I truly believe that most of the recent replies are playing word games here.
    I hear what you are saying, but I don't see your point kelcarry. Again, no puns intended.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123