Easier to shoot?/why carry?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Easier to shoot?/why carry?

Easier to shoot?/why carry?

If you didn't have to worry so much about the legal ramifications of shooting someone, (Meaning no gray area)would you be quicker to draw your weapon and use it.
    Now before this becomes a rheterical question. Think about it please.

It just seems to me that everyone is so worried about whats going to happen to them after the fact, then the fact its self which is to protect onesself and others from harm. I mean a police officer almost have to be half dead to use DF on a law breaking citizen. Or for some might be the fact that you couldnt handle that on your concscience.

Why carry? A strong OC Spray and a X-26 would deter anyone from a fight. Less the legal work and better on your conscience.

I carry because I beleive if someone life is in danger it is my duty to help him/her out. It shouldn't matter if I had every single detail about it. Now I am not saying go and shoot up the town and become the next vigilante of America. Just do whats right morallyand use sound judgement. Hesitation can kill when thinking off of adrelaline and training

Because I am getting old and slow and with constant practice, i believe my Glock is faster to meet my would-be assailant.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Bingo!!!!!!!! WE have a winner!
    Ed
    "The tree of Liberty needs to be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson 3rd president of US (1743 - 1826)

[QUOTE=TheAmericanGreed;181273]If you didn't have to worry so much about the legal ramifications of shooting someone, (Meaning no gray area)would you be quicker to draw your weapon and use it.
    Now before this becomes a rheterical question. Think about it please.

It just seems to me that everyone is so worried about whats going to happen to them after the fact, then the fact its self which is to protect onesself and others from harm. I mean a police officer almost have to be half dead to use DF on a law breaking citizen. Or for some might be the fact that you couldnt handle that on your concscience.

Why carry? A strong OC Spray and a X-26 would deter anyone from a fight. Less the legal work and better on your conscience.

I carry because I beleive if someone life is in danger it is my duty to help him/her out. It shouldn't matter if I had every single detail about it. Now I am not saying go and shoot up the town and become the next vigilante of America. Just do whats right morallyand use sound judgement. Hesitation can kill when thinking off of adrelaline and training[/QUOTE

I myself like most members also carry a less then lethal weapon be it a baton,Oc,stun gun, taser ect... Not every case calls for drawing your firearm yet you still need a means of defense. If your carrying a firearm you should have enough brains to know when to walk away or find away out with out having to use your firearm. Unlike a police officer it is not our job as a permit hold to keep the peace or to confront every BG. Also unlike a police officer I don't have a union paid legal team. Even if you did escape jail time more then likely you would still have years of lawsuits in civil court from family members suing you and or the person you shot suing you. It helps to already have your own POA(Plan of action) in your head and have your own EOFP (Escalation of force policy).

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Ridiculous to anyone with an ounce of responsibility. Always, always, always comes down to imminent threat of great bodily injury or death. Nothing about that has anything to do with worrying about a lawsuit. In SC, if your presumption of imminent threat is correct and upheld, you are, by definition, immune from any criminal charge--but you are also immune from any civil suits.

7. I myself like most members also carry a less then lethal weapon be it a baton,Oc,stun gun, taser ect...
    Hmmm, better be careful with that. I've read about people getting nailed for "concealed weapon" for carrying those less lethal items. You may find yourself in the position of being legal to carry a gun, but NOT a baton, taser, or pepper spray (which are not included in my state's "concealed handgun" license). Stupid yes, but that's the way our laws are written, so be careful out there.

If the good guys go home alive(family, or whom ever) then that is all that matters.

The price for saving someones life can be high, but I think it is worth it.

Imo it is the same as cpr. Not just gonna walk by and do nothing.
    Ed
    "The tree of Liberty needs to be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson 3rd president of US (1743 - 1826)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMR2 View Post
    Hmmm, better be careful with that. I've read about people getting nailed for "concealed weapon" for carrying those less lethal items. You may find yourself in the position of being legal to carry a gun, but NOT a baton, taser, or pepper spray (which are not included in my state's "concealed handgun" license). Stupid yes, but that's the way our laws are written, so be careful out there.
    It's up to each individual person to confirm that what they carry is legal in their state. I would be more worried about getting nailed for trying to use wasp spray as a OC less then lethal weapon. People come on here all the time when someone asks about pepper spray and say "that's what wasp spray is for." I'm speaking about my state (NH) where it's legal to carry all of the above. Thanks to HB1665 being passed and signed into law you can now carry auto knifes as a EDC knife.

Quote Originally Posted by Edsworld View Post
    If the good guys go home alive(family, or whom ever) then that is all that matters.

The price for saving someones life can be high, but I think it is worth it.

Imo it is the same as cpr. Not just gonna walk by and do nothing.
    The sad fact of the matter is that's just what happens. People in big city's walk right by and never help each other. The news is full of stories of this happening everyday.

Can't carry wasp in Texas not LEO, 25 years as a paramedic, seen folks wasted on God knows what wade through some serious less that leathal stuff, also seen them continue to come when shot more than once, worked on a guy many years ago with 9 bullet holes in him and was still combative after being handcuffed by LEO. Do what is right if you are going to be concerned with outcome, don't carry and don't help, stay home.

Not LEO your job is to stay alert, protect self and family and help if necessay, you are not paid to be LEO.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast