hostage or not? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: hostage or not?

Alter Ego or the Third Party Rule is understandable but, IMO, extremely difficult to be sure of and extremely difficult to embrace because, among other things, it does not involve you in any way shape or form before you decide to intercede. You just get the impression from this and other threads that some members just cannot wait to use their CCW even if it does not involve them and, in some cases, cannot wait to use their CCW even if it does but may not be an imminent threat at the time of presentation or use. It is easy to write on this forum and I would hope that a lot of what I read is just Dirty Harry talk; it would bother me to know that some of you are all ready to cure the world with your firearm.

Why would I or any of you waste your time following someone, I am not an LEO it is not my job, LEO's as far as I know in every state in the Union cannot prempt anything without a court order, they by law are constrained, FOLLOWING the commission of a crime or during they commission of a crime the may respond. My only Job is to protect myself and my family from physicial/economic/emotional harm if possible. How I would respond would depend on my observation of what was occuring, might be right might be wrong, most likely win lose or draw. you will be in court over the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmericanGreed View Post
    How would you be a witness to something you didnt see. Unless your superman, how else are you going to know somethings up. I bet your that individual to tuck tail and run when you see a woman getting the ****** beat out of her. In your mind, probably thinking she probably deserves.Im not saying shot the dude but say something.
    Why would you be following him to begin with? You seem to believe that your CWP gives you some kind of magical powers to intervene in every single conflict. Did you happen to watch the "conceal and carry school" that Ruger put on Spike TV? They train at Tac Pro and on the last day they do live scenario training using Simunitions paint bullets. The scenario they did was your walking out of the store to your car and you see two people standing in front of your car yelling. The man is bigger then the woman and it looked at if he was going to hit her. They pushed the panic button to try and get the man and women to move. All that did was piss the guy off and out came a baseball bat. Now all the girls/guys with your mindset put themselves in the middle of the fight to protect the female. Little did they know it was a set up and that's how this group operated. They went around staging fights counting on the fact that people would react just the way you would/they did. As soon as they got in the middle of it the female pulled out a gun and shot them. Only the ones who did not get involved survived.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

5. The Best solution is use your brain that God gave you.

Quote Originally Posted by bob16066 View Post
    Any time you Pull a Pistol you will attract unwanted attention. So you MUST be absolutely CERTAIN it is necessary before you do so.

Keep in mind that Even if you are Right Law Enforcement IS going to Arrest you when they arrive.

No matter what happened all the arriving Officer sees is a dead or wounded body and a man who claims "It was self defense." Like they never heard that before. (Sarcasm).

If the damsel in distress backs up your story you might be okay. But keep in mind she may be confused and scared witless and point you out as the bad guy. It is even possible that she is an accomplice designed to flush you and me out!

It's not TV. There is no script. The good guys don't always win.

If he ALREADY has her at gunpoint your Pistol is very near worthless anyway.

Your best bet is to Cell 911 as soon as you suspect anything. But if you call 911 six times a month for a year and nothing develops you're gonna be tainted as CRAZY.

All I'm saying is pulling a pistol is not always the best choice. Your only real obligation is to not make things WORSE.

In the situation you described: NOTHING has happened YET.

I would flee the scene as discreetly as possible. Patting my pockets like I forgot my wallet and take up a position to observe with my phone ready to dial 911. If a hostage situation develops you are in a unique position to notify Law Enforcement as early as possible.

If its a Rob and go you are now in a position to stop the robber as he flees by yelling "Halt" and shooting him if it becomes necessary.

If his intention is to just shoot that poor woman you were never in a good position to stop him; but now you ARE in a good position to call for Medical help which just might be the difference between life and death.

The biggest point I'm trying to make is that just because you are carrying a hammer you shouldn't view Every problem as a nail!

S&W I have heard of the scenerio. I had even been asked at my "CHL Class" what would I do if a larger man pulled up in a van and grabbed a women and started to bring her back to the van. And she was kicking trying to get away. What do you do. Will I responded I'm I close enough to hear her? Is she saying please help I dont know this man? OR saying this isnt my daddy if it were a small girl or even a teenage girl? And If I wasnt close enough to hear I would try to get the plate of the van and make haste to follow, giving cops updated information on where the vehicle was headed. Now I never said I would be jack bauer and start shooting even if i was an expert shoot. The women might be his wife and his feed up with her running away all the time. I have the same mindset even if I didnt have my CHL. If I saw something suspicious I would report it and wait to act. You can turn a blind eye to it all you want but I' not. Im not saying you yourself would but to anyone who would.

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Alter Ego or the Third Party Rule is understandable but, IMO, extremely difficult to be sure of and extremely difficult to embrace because, among other things, it does not involve you in any way shape or form before you decide to intercede. You just get the impression from this and other threads that some members just cannot wait to use their CCW even if it does not involve them and, in some cases, cannot wait to use their CCW even if it does but may not be an imminent threat at the time of presentation or use. It is easy to write on this forum and I would hope that a lot of what I read is just Dirty Harry talk; it would bother me to know that some of you are all ready to cure the world with your firearm.
    Ok so you dont have a CCW or whatever no gun. Just seen someone pull out a gun and point it straight at a womans face. Now what?
    Thats pretty simple enough right. cant really articulate any other situation. Woman has gun to face. Right in front of you so obvious he doesnt care who sees. is that an imminent threat now.
    and what would ou do if you did have a gun but no ccw.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmericanGreed View Post
    Ok so you dont have a CCW or whatever no gun. Just seen someone pull out a gun and point it straight at a womans face. Now what?

You either kill him or walk away because anything else you do is going to become a Mexican stand off real quick.

Tell us americangreed are you ready to put a bullet through a man's brain in cold blood?
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    You either kill him or walk away because anything else you do is going to become a Mexican stand off real quick.

Tell us americangreed are you ready to put a bullet through a man's brain in cold blood?
    Yes I would, knowing I just protected someone elses life. I know it effects are going to effect you mentally but having the thought of him killing someone else in front of you would have a more diturbing fact than you shooting him. Watching someone die isnt a nice thing to see but knowing a change of course could happenand you stood by and did nothing is worse. I've seen my share fair of death. And to not say you wouldnt protect is To me Unamerican and unhuman.
    It would be like rescueing a girl from a burning building would you think about it and watch her suffer and not do anything becasue you arent a fire fighter or would you act and risk your life to save hers?
    All I'm saying is the moment it happens know one really knows but if you have a predetermine mind to help then you might act faster.

And why are so many reactive than pro active?

I love the smell of Cow flops in the morning; it smells like.... cow flops
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    I love the smell of Cow flops in the morning; it smells like.... cow flops
    What youre saying I'm full of B.S. Like I said the future is unpredictable I can say all day long that I would but know one knows for sure until the time comes but I would like to think I would and I would. If you arent going to use your weapon then give it to someone who will.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast