Pizza man with CCW alive and well. - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pizza man with CCW alive and well.

I like G50's comments. The old "gun in the pizza trick" as Maxwell Smart would say. As you put the pizza down you pull the trigger on the side of the box--yada yada yada. Actually not a bad idea. Another good idea for vulnerable taxi drivers--built in firearm or significant smoke/irritant bomb in rear cabin; with driver protected by the glass divider and proper insulation from rear seat, he can disable one of these "he was a good boy" who tries to rob him.

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Another good idea for vulnerable taxi drivers--built in firearm or significant smoke/irritant bomb in rear cabin;
    You do have to be careful with that idea in SC though.

SECTION 16-23-450. Placing loaded trap gun, spring gun or like device.
    It shall be unlawful for any person to construct, set or place a loaded trap gun, spring gun or any like device in any manner in any building or in any place within this State, and any violation of the provisions of this section shall constitute a misdemeanor and be punished by a fine of not less than one hundred dollars nor more than five hundred dollars or by imprisonment of not less than thirty days nor more than one year or by both fine and imprisonment, in the discretion of the court.

You don't want to create a device that violates this section of SC law.

A firearm in the pizza still sounds like a good idea. The "complete fogging of the back compartment with irritant", however, may be a good alternate to the statute, which is concerned with a firearm and maybe has not caught up with other methods of perp suppression

5. Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Rick Davis, the founder of second chance body armor, was a pizza delivery guy when he decided that he needed to invent modern body armor.
    A couple of years ago I was considering working as a driver at the local Pizza Hut, then I heard about that story.

A firearm in the pizza still sounds like a good idea. The "complete fogging of the back compartment with irritant", however, may be a good alternate to the statute, which is concerned with a firearm and maybe has not caught up with other methods of perp suppression
    My issue is that the statute does not contain a definition of what a "trap gun, spring gun, or like device" is.

Would a gun-wielding robot minion, which is quasi-sentient with a sufficiently complex AI, constitute a "like device"?
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyInBlue View Post
    Would a gun-wielding robot minion, which is quasi-sentient with a sufficiently complex AI, constitute a "like device"?
    Not if it can yell, "Danger Will Robinson!"

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Not if it can yell, "Danger Will Robinson!"
    I must have been "Lost in Space" when I posted that.

What if it just says, "Sentry mode activated. Hello? Is anyone there? Searching... Target acquired. Preparing to dispense product."
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

I like G50's comments. The old "gun in the pizza trick" as Maxwell Smart would say. As you put the pizza down you pull the trigger on the side of the box--yada yada yada. Actually not a bad idea. Another good idea for vulnerable taxi drivers--built in firearm or significant smoke/irritant bomb in rear cabin; with driver protected by the glass divider and proper insulation from rear seat, he can disable one of these "he was a good boy" who tries to rob him.
    I kinda like this one. I'm having it installed in my car next week.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast