Pizza man with CCW alive and well.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pizza man with CCW alive and well.

Pizza man with CCW alive and well.

Just heard a story on the local (Detroit) news that a pizza man was held up at gunpoint by three bad guys. What they didn't know was that he was legally carrying concealed. He shot and killed one BG, and the other two were picked up by police later in the evening. Score another one for the prepared and responsible gun owner.

Nice work, would not Visit or spend my money in Detroit on a bet.

He defended himself? How dare he!!! He's so fired.

Sad, but true.
    "They who give up essential liberty to obtain temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin, 1775

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.357Sig View Post
    He defended himself? How dare he!!! He's so fired.

Sad, but true.
    Better than carried by 6.........
    Ruger LCP and Springfield XD-9 subcompact

Rick Davis, the founder of second chance body armor, was a pizza delivery guy when he decided that he needed to invent modern body armor.

"Nice work, would not Visit or spend my money in Detroit on a bet."

Just like any major urban/suburban area, there are some good parts and some bad parts. Unfortunately, The D has more bad then good these days and is riddled with corruption.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Rick Davis, the founder of second chance body armor, was a pizza delivery guy when he decided that he needed to invent modern body armor.
    It's funny, I delivered pizza for 6 years from ages 16-22. There were busy nights where I could have over three hundred bucks cash on me before I had a chance to drop it. Some of the neighborhoods I delivered to were not the most desirable. Thank God I never was put in that situation.

Quote Originally Posted by ckaiser55 View Post
    It's funny, I delivered pizza for 6 years from ages 16-22. There were busy nights where I could have over three hundred bucks cash on me before I had a chance to drop it. Some of the neighborhoods I delivered to were not the most desirable. Thank God I never was put in that situation.
    IIRC, someone on this board had described a pizza warmer-holster system. Never got a picture of it though. I would be curious as to how such a system would work. FWIW I do not deliver pizza.

Charleston, South Carolina, United States

Question Glad this worked out in his favor

Quote Originally Posted by ckaiser55 View Post
    Just heard a story on the local (Detroit) news that a pizza man was held up at gunpoint by three bad guys. What they didn't know was that he was legally carrying concealed. He shot and killed one BG, and the other two were picked up by police later in the evening. Score another one for the prepared and responsible gun owner.
    I am glad that this worked out for the pizza delivery man. The only thing I am wondering is this. What goes through your mind when you are staring at someone who already has their gun pointed at you. I have been fortunate to never have had a weapon pointed at me while on duty or as a CWP holder. I am thinking that if someone has the drop on me and their weapon is already pointed at me that maybe it would be better to just do what they tell me in the hopes that they do not shoot me dead. If I make a move to pull my weapon what is going to keep the bad guy from pulling the trigger?

I guess what I am saying here is that while the pizza delivery man made it out alive in this situation maybe his reasoning could have gotten him killed. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefpropellerhead View Post
    I am glad that this worked out for the pizza delivery man. The only thing I am wondering is this. What goes through your mind when you are staring at someone who already has their gun pointed at you. I have been fortunate to never have had a weapon pointed at me while on duty or as a CWP holder. I am thinking that if someone has the drop on me and their weapon is already pointed at me that maybe it would be better to just do what they tell me in the hopes that they do not shoot me dead. If I make a move to pull my weapon what is going to keep the bad guy from pulling the trigger?

I guess what I am saying here is that while the pizza delivery man made it out alive in this situation maybe his reasoning could have gotten him killed. Just a thought.
    It is a tough decision.

Some of the thugs will shoot you anyway: Maintenance worker who gave up wallet, car keys is shot anyway

Others don't have a real weapon or have one that won't fire: Troubled teen killed trying to rob off-duty officer

If I felt confident the thug would take the money and run I'd give it to him. the money just isn't that important.

But the uncertainty might lead me to try to defend myself.

By the way, does any one know what type of pizza they ordered?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast