SC Citizen's Arrest for Simple Assault - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SC Citizen's Arrest for Simple Assault

Great article in Today's paper concerning Castle Doctrine in SC. It's quite relevant to this thread as well as other States that have the same Law (protections) on the Books

Castle doctrine popular defense | The Post and Courier, Charleston SC - News, Sports, Entertainment
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Hey y'all, Treo and mappow: My post #816 above has now resulted in no charges being filed by the prosecutor on the shooter. They quoted the SC Code of Laws 17-13-20, which clearly gives you the right to shoot anyone anyhow anyway, at night, even if the suspected perp dies "being under circumstances which raise just suspicion of this design to steal or to commit some felony, flees when he is hailed". Maybe a bit draconian but clear as day----if you are a thief or burglar in SC and do your business at night, you had better make sure you family has life insurance on you. This is a far step from the "imminent danger/deadly force" theory on self-defense, which like many states, is covered under SC Code of Law 16-11-440 and 450.

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Hey y'all, Treo and mappow: My post #816 above has now resulted in no charges being filed by the prosecutor on the shooter. They quoted the SC Code of Laws 17-13-20, which clearly gives you the right to shoot anyone anyhow anyway, at night, even if the suspected perp dies "being under circumstances which raise just suspicion of this design to steal or to commit some felony, flees when he is hailed". Maybe a bit draconian but clear as day----if you are a thief or burglar in SC and do your business at night, you had better make sure you family has life insurance on you. This is a far step from the "imminent danger/deadly force" theory on self-defense, which like many states, is covered under SC Code of Law 16-11-440 and 450.
    Read the front page today, great ending. Sometimes it's GREAT to live in SC.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

I agree with your last reply mappow. One of the things that I really get a kick out of is that in the middle of all this national gun ban debate, SC comes along with a sales tax free weekend on gun sales--talk about shoving the crap back into their faces. Good for SC and states rights. SC started the civil war and the way it is going in this country we are not a big reach away from doin it all over again--this time, hopefully in the courts and the constitution, a document by the way that has been shredded to pieces by this crap in the whitehouse.

Blog Entries
    GOD BLESS this Texas girl!
    Here's a video that I guarantee you won't forget anytime soon! She didn't cry, although she came close to losing it, and she gave those a reality check they dearly needed.
    Texas girl, Judy Dorsett Tyler, had the encroachment on her second amendment rights so graphically illustrated. The honorable senator from New York , Chuck Schumer, was getting a little uncomfortable in his chair. The room was absolutely dead quiet throughout her testimony and the gun banners (meaning Senators who want to BAN citizens' ownership of all guns) absolutely speechless as this little Texas gal chews them up and spits them out. She knows what the 2nd amendment is really all about.. Watch it. You will be glad you did. And pass it along.
    Suzanna Gratia-Hupp: What the Second Amendment is REALLY For
    “Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower

Hey Debray:This video has been shown many times. I believe it has also been shown on this forum. Nonetheless it is a distinct pleasure to watch Chuck the Schmuck squirm and make believe either he is not there or Judy is not there. The shame on all this is that he could not care less since it interferes with his personal ideas and everyone knows he is the only one who knows all and is right all the time--just ask him. He is the epitome of everything that is wrong with our federal government and joins the likes of the freak Pelosi, the dried prune Reid, never saw a mortgage deal I did not like Dodd, and let us not forget the little boy lover Frank and most of all the piece of garbage in the whitehouse.

Blog Entries
    Kelcarry,

I'm sorry, a friend just sent me this video and it is with out a doubt the best I have ever seen in defense of the second amendment. Her statement at the end when she said the real reason for the second amendment is to protect us from you.
    Up until this last regime took over I never felt we would have to really look at it that way. For the past 60 years I felt our gun ownership was more of an individual defense in case of a foreign invasion. I now think we missed the invasion and they slipped in during 60's with Bill Ayers and they have slowly been brain washing our children.

I heard on Quinn and Rose yesterday they have changed the Preamble to the Constitution in the schools text books.

“We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish our government to insure all have free public housing, only nourishing food except that purchased with food stamps, and free health care, provide for the common defense of everyone except America, promote the expand the general Welfare department, and remove the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity due to high taxes, the expansion of Government and public sector unions, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.”
    “Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower

I am 69 and "changes", as our beloved idiot in charge and his dem dopes call them, are destroying this country and leading it to bankruptcy and third world status. When we have all this going on, we have a country that is preoccupied with Charlie Sheen and arguing in Congress over where to honor the last WWI veteren. One of the biggest economic engines in SC is the port in Charleston and the idiot in charge could not find $400,000 for a port deepening study but can find the way for his apewife to spend millions on her entourage. We are in the throes of Rome, the Coloseum, and the Gladiators. Everyone in the news points to a little burp in unemployment and proclaims everything is fine but no one seems to give a rats ass about a debt that is unsustainable and will lead to our downfall. We have plenty of oil in this country but the dope in charge could not care less and we stifle any opportunity to tap it all--so we pay thru the noses and our debt keeps skyrocketing. It is not me that will have to pay, it is my grandkids who will suffer greatly over the next 50 or so years and as they say in the movie Network---"I'm mad as hell and will not take it anymore". I CC because 2A says I can and that is my one absolute way to tell this federal government that I despise it and can tell it to go to hell. I love my country but hate this government, the dope in charge and dems; this will all spill out, god forbid, one day when someone decides to look into my car at night and take something as it is parked on my driveway---god help them because in SC, I can.

Thumbs down Change

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    I am 69 and "changes", as our beloved idiot in charge and his dem dopes call them, are destroying this country and leading it to bankruptcy and third world status. When we have all this going on, we have a country that is preoccupied with Charlie Sheen and arguing in Congress over where to honor the last WWI veteren. One of the biggest economic engines in SC is the port in Charleston and the idiot in charge could not find $400,000 for a port deepening study but can find the way for his apewife to spend millions on her entourage. We are in the throes of Rome, the Coloseum, and the Gladiators. Everyone in the news points to a little burp in unemployment and proclaims everything is fine but no one seems to give a rats ass about a debt that is unsustainable and will lead to our downfall. We have plenty of oil in this country but the dope in charge could not care less and we stifle any opportunity to tap it all--so we pay thru the noses and our debt keeps skyrocketing. It is not me that will have to pay, it is my grandkids who will suffer greatly over the next 50 or so years and as they say in the movie Network---"I'm mad as hell and will not take it anymore". I CC because 2A says I can and that is my one absolute way to tell this federal government that I despise it and can tell it to go to hell. I love my country but hate this government, the dope in charge and dems; this will all spill out, god forbid, one day when someone decides to look into my car at night and take something as it is parked on my driveway---god help them because in SC, I can.
    All this "change" has been making me dizzy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12