Gotta Love those Pink .38 Specials - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gotta Love those Pink .38 Specials

I read about this on theBlaze and I was a little disturbed to see how she has taken this incident in stride. I don't think that her comments do us very much good.

She was saying stuff like, "I want to make a little money now".

It just doesn't sit well with me that she wants to capitalize on someone's death

Don't confuse that sentiment with pity for the bad guy, I just don't think that she is conducting herself very honorably and I think that it will look bad for gun owners everywhere. I hope that the NRA doesn't pick her up.

Agreed BlackieChan, no need for remorse for doing what needed to done. BUT don't glorify it, this just gives fodder to the gun haters.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    Agreed BlackieChan, no need for remorse for doing what needed to done. BUT don't glorify it, this just gives fodder to the gun haters.
    Yes, I get the feeling that she isn't a deeply responsible and convicted sheep dog based on some of her reactions to this.

I would like to reiterate that I have absolutely no sympathy for the late would-be rapist.

5. I've been reading different sites in regards to this story and her nonchalant attitude has me wondering a few things. If her shooting was indeed justified could her lack of remorse be caused by PTSD? It appears that the attacker had intent of severe bodily harm and she neutralized the threat and saved her and her fiancée, and with something of this magnitude I am just wondering if her statements of empowerment are a disconnect from the actual reality of the situation.

6. Quote Originally Posted by BlackieChan View Post
    I read about this on theBlaze and I was a little disturbed to see how she has taken this incident in stride. I don't think that her comments do us very much good.

She was saying stuff like, "I want to make a little money now".

It just doesn't sit well with me that she wants to capitalize on someone's death

Don't confuse that sentiment with pity for the bad guy, I just don't think that she is conducting herself very honorably and I think that it will look bad for gun owners everywhere. I hope that the NRA doesn't pick her up.
    I agree. The dirt bag had it coming, but if I was her I would be careful of what I was saying and how much publicity I would want from this. There is still an investigation going on and this could go very wrong for her.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaBlue View Post
    I've been reading different sites in regards to this story and her nonchalant attitude has me wondering a few things. If her shooting was indeed justified could her lack of remorse be caused by PTSD? It appears that the attacker had intent of severe bodily harm and she neutralized the threat and saved her and her fiancée, and with something of this magnitude I am just wondering if her statements of empowerment are a disconnect from the actual reality of the situation.
    Yes that is possible. I'm definitely not psychologist but if this is the case then I hope nothing else bad happens to her.

8. Neither am I but my last college course happened to be psych and we had a case study on PTSD which made me think of this story. I do hope for her sake everything was justified and everything ends well for them. As for the BG his rap sheet spoke for itself so I have no pity there. I do agree though she needs to zip it when it comes to talking to the media and lawyer up until this is all said and done.

I have been posting over here:

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/conce...you-carry.html

and it sounds like the same behavior. I can somewhat imagine that if one had to take that last step and use extreme force, they would really be fighting with their conscience whether their actions were right or not. Justifying my actions would probably be my first step too.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackieChan View Post
    I have been posting over here:

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/conce...you-carry.html

and it sounds like the same behavior. I can somewhat imagine that if one had to take that last step and use extreme force, they would really be fighting with their conscience whether their actions were right or not. Justifying my actions would probably be my first step too.
    Yes, but would you wear the blank and pink teddy for the post-shoot picture session?

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    Yes, but would you wear the blank and pink teddy for the post-shoot picture session?
    only for the right price....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast