le ammo only
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: le ammo only

1. le ammo only

a friend of mine told me he had bought a box of law enforcement ammuntion. tactical 147 grain.if he ever used that against bg could he get into trouble for buying something that i think is not sold to general public? in other words could the table be turned against him? is he allowed to buy and use that le only ammo or is their actually a law against the use of it by him?

good question. Winchester Ranger LE ammo is as good as it gets. For my understanding, even though it is packaged as "LE only", it is Winchester that has marketed it as such not any law. I am not aware of any hand gun ammo that is "illegal" other than like teflon coated stuff.

loard have mercy... really

There is nothing wrong with having it. Armor piercing ammo in a pistol is what is illegal.

What ever this teflon stuff is... is horse *****

The LE ammo is usually a contract over run.

Quote Originally Posted by peepsnet View Post
    There is nothing wrong with having it. Armor piercing ammo in a pistol is what is illegal.

What ever this teflon stuff is... is horse *****

The LE ammo is usually a contract over run.
    wow, only 5 post and you're allready getting short with us over a question? Your "loard have mercy... really" thread title is a nice touch. I take it you're some "gun pro" kicked off every other site you been on.

This site sure has got a lot of trolls lately. I thought we were here to learn and teach, not bash someone for trying to help someone else. Dude, try decaf

The issue is with those who post without having any idea as to where the info they "heard" is from.

The ppl who say... I don't know about your state but here..."

I agree that ppl are here to learn. I have seen too many ppl that should have never opened their browser offering sudo-legal answers to questions that should be answered by someone that is sure of the answer and not just on what they heard from some Guy who made a convincing arguement.

I watched another forum where a Guy went on and on about his experiencs and opinions and then let it slip about how excited he was to finally be able to buy a gun cause he was now 21.

LE marketed ammunition is perfectly legal for civilian use - unless you live in a communist state like New Jersey.

"It's easier to avoid conflict than it is to survive it" - SGB

Quote Originally Posted by Austin:207335
    This site sure has got a lot of trolls lately. I thought we were here to learn and teach, not bash someone for trying to help someone else. Dude, try decaf
    +1 decaf or maybe some Exlax...

10. Teflon ammo is illegal in SC and some other states as well.

11. if you can get it commercially

Other than state specific rules, don't use ammo that you bought out of state because you can't legally buy it in your home state. Also a hot hand load could jam you up. As a generality any ammo purchased legally in your state whether or not it has Law or extreme on the label is a legit choice for your sidearm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast