I was told about this just this morning by our mechanic so I "googled" it because have heard nothing on the news or read anything in the paper yet...here it is...My mechanic said the first officer in uniform was the one that had been burgled and that a Parma officer showed up to help him, not exactly what the article says, hmmmm?

PARMA, OHIO -- A uniformed, on-duty Cleveland police officer shot and killed a man in Parma early Monday after a brief altercation.

A second, off-duty Cleveland officer was also involved.

Details about what led to the shooting death of 25-year-old Daniel Ficker remain sketchy. Neither the Parma nor the Cleveland police departments have released the names of the officers involved.

Cleveland police said the on-duty officer was investigating a burglary at the off-duty officer's house when, in a Cleveland police cruiser, he went to a Wareham Drive house just after midnight looking for Ficker.

According to Parma police, this is what happened next:

When the on-duty officer questioned Ficker, he became combative "and started physically fighting with" police. The on-duty officer used a tazer on Flicker, but it didn't have an effect.

The fight continued and the on-duty officer ultimately fired one round from his service weapon, striking Ficker.

Both Ficker and the officer were transported to MetroHealth Medical Center, where Ficker later died.

More than 20 hours after the shooting, Parma police had not yet obtained statements from the officers involved.

Parma police Capt. Robert DeSimone said the Fourth of July holiday and police protocol - which includes a requirement that the officers have legal representation - delayed the statements, but that police expected to sit down with the officers Tuesday.

One complication may be witnesses. Parma police have talked to witnesses who saw the uniformed officer and Ficker fighting in the yard, DeSimone said. But those witnesses did not see the shooting.

Some of Ficker's family and friends have said the incident stems from a party at the house of the off-duty police officer. When jewelry went missing, the off-duty officer suspected Ficker.

DeSimone said Sunday evening that investigators are still sorting out what happened.

"We're playing it by the book," he said.