Recent shooting justified? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Recent shooting justified?

Quote Originally Posted by jameshd View Post
    A knife and a freshly sharpened pencil, while both being sharp objects, are not the same thing.
    Sure they are. I can route you with either in a second. We teach a tactical pen class. You can do tremendous damage with a pen or pencil.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Always a bad idea to shoot the bad guy in the back, a no-no in most states.

As much as I agree with shooting the thug, it is against the law to shoot someone walking away from you. Since the suspect was walking away he no longer presented an immediate threat to the victoms life or anyone elses. Therefore shoorting the suspect in the back is nothing short of a desire to pay thousands in legal defense fees.

Yep, most likely he will be charged. If I was on the jury, he walks. Just because he turns his back doesnt mean I am not still in fear of my life. I know...not PC and I most likely will never be accused of it.
    Due to the increased cost of Ammunition I will be forced to discontinue warning shots as of now! USAF Chief Master Sergeant, Retired, 1979-2005

Collection of news articles & WV law: WVCDL-ALERT Update September 2, 2011
    James M. "Jim" Mullins, Jr., Esq.
    Attorney, The Law Offices of James M. Mullins, Jr., PLLC
    Founder and Past President, West Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc.

7. Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Chief1297 View Post
    Yep, most likely he will be charged. If I was on the jury, he walks. Just because he turns his back doesnt mean I am not still in fear of my life. I know...not PC and I most likely will never be accused of it.
    Myself today I worry more about how our Tulsa County D.A. Tim Harris handles any case that involves a firearm. Since my arrest and 11 Months being dragged through our Oklahoma justice system, ending in a full jury trial and I feel very lucky the D.A.s people did not win their case against me.
    I feel I might try anything to keep from having to deal with Tim Harris and his anti-firearm policies.
    Time and time again when the shooting is clear that someone was in fear of death or defending their family in their own home, they end up having to fight the Tulsa County D.A. and having to get costly legal help.
    It's not justice the Tulsa County D.A. Tim Harris wants it's as much money they can get by getting a case against you won.
    I was just really lucky to get a good honest jury and a really good fair Judge in Judge Cliford Smith, or today I would be sitting in prison.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaymen View Post
    This occurred yesterday at a Walmart in Logan WV. A male approached another subject with a sharp object in his hand demanding his money, subject reportedly had the guy by the neck and made several threats to cut the guys throat. The guy handed over his wallet and the subject was walking away. Guy who has a WV CDP permit pulls his gun and shoots killing subject. Guy is arrested for murder and law enforcement is leaving it up to the prosecutors to figure it out.

Granted not many of us are lawyers and I'm not very familiar with WV laws. But what is your opinion justified or not?

Breaking News
    NOT justified. The BG was leaving, the danger was leaving. The shooting was vengence or retribution. Pull your gun, get on the cell phone to the police, tell them what's going on, give a VERY good description of YOURSELF (so the itchy finger cop doesn't shoot you) and follow the BG while giving the police dispatch constant position updates.

Most states under castle doctrine state that if person walks away the threat is over. So it's not justified he could have defended himself when he saw the shiny object or shot during the altercation never when the suspect leaves. Personally a wallet can be your life with identity theft yet it's a different threat there it's not physical

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Like others have said here, the victims life was no longer in danger in that the "perp" was walking away. Sorry, sounds like murder to me no matter how angry the CHP holder may have been.
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

I'm going to go against the majority of the folks so far here. I think it is absolutely completely justified. He had stolen the guy's wallet and threatened to kill him with the apparent tools to do so.

Having said that, I feel absolutely sure that in most States (Texas probably being an exception) it was totally illegal and will likely end with a conviction for murder barring jury nullification.
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast