spotlights and fourwheelers

Thread: spotlights and fourwheelers

spotlights and fourwheelers

The other night as I was driving home from town...
    As I turned off HWY 90 and onto my sideroad, I was blinded by four jackasses on fourwheelers using handheld spotlights. It was all I could do to get off the road safely and out of the car. I was really pissed....
    As soon as I stepped out of the car they all turned tail and ran on the four wheelers...I wish I had a discription or knew who they were. I am guessing it was just kids (pranking drivers) but this had the potential for a deadly outcome with car wrecks and the like.
    Has this ever happened to you? and how did you handle it?
    I was armed and I was definitely in danger, but I did not draw my weapon.

This was extremely dangerous as the road coming off the highway is very busy and has a 45MPH speed limit.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Drawing your weapon over kids on four wheelers would not end well for you.I understand your frustrations, and agree with you on the danger.

But as legally armed citizens we are held to higher standards. You and only you can make that choice to draw your weapon.I'm glad you didn't.

Most of the time kids dont think of the danger of stupid pranks, and one day they will have the shoe on the other foot.

I'm glad you did not get hurt, and you made it home safe.

I'm sorry festus but putting a sentence together that combines a 4 wheeler, bright lights and your firearm is, to put it mildly, ridiculous. I apologize straight up to you but a crude dressing down, IMO, is appropriate.

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    I would treat them like the ignoramous's that drive past you with their brights on. Look away as best you can yet being able to maintain road position and let them drive off. Nothing ya can do, really. If someone is looking for an altercation (getting out and beating the chest) then please do it without being armed as we should be 'packing' for defensive uses and that does NOT include defending our lives while in a situation that we created...
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm