Flash Mobs - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Flash Mobs

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    May I say something about Dr. MLK? He was mentioned in the OP and by Malakai.

I respect those who stand by thier beliefs, and who are willing to not only talk the talk but demonstrate in their life they support those words by walking the walk. This post is in regard to the famous speech MLK made where we should "...not judge a man by the color of his skin but by the content of his charactor", and those who talked him up and yet voted, well, just read on.

I've heard many people quote that speech and have heard many people of color AND white people invoke the Dr's name when discussing racial issues. Yet, when it came time to vote for a president, well I've heard those conversations as well. I've heard many people say that they voted for Obama only 'cause he's black. I HEARD several people say that in thier own home, and elsewhere say they want a black president no matter what. With my own ears I've heard it. I'd say we had several million, or many millions of people who voted to have a 'historical' president, depending on which poll you read. Those millions did something very wrong in the eyes of MLK. What you ask? I'll explain.

Millions of people voted for (judged) Obama only because of the color of his skin while knowing nothing about the man. They did not know the content of his charactor unless they somehow knew him personally as CNN sure as hell did not let us in on any of his associations! Those of us partaking in many different media however got a good glimpse of the chicago thug who hung out with Bill Ayers and churched with Jeremiah Wright, and so on. Anyway, many millions judged him by the color of his skin(voted for him 'cause he's of color) and not the content of his charactor and therefore, now pay attention to this: They spit in the face of Dr. Martin Luther King.

So much for walking the walk.
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by titaniumman View Post
    Doesn't make it any more right. Especially when they are stealing from, for the most part their own demographic type of people.
    Yup. That's exactly what the first sentence in my second paragraph of the post you are speaking of (post #9).

I know, long posts are not very fashionable or fun to fully read.
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Tuts40, Amen, brother. It's taken most three years to see it, but hopefully it will go down as the "Obama Debacle" and every president for the next 50 years will be properly vetted, whether black, white, brown, yellow, red, green, male, female or other.

Whitetiger, as far as flash mobs and any other street encounter, you have to leave the philosophy at home for over the dinner table discussion. You MUST have your legal responses cut-and-dried by the time that it happens. Run the scenarios in your head, read about them, put yourself in the problem. But you cannot draw your gun, aim center mass in a shooting situation, and all of a sudden wonder if this person is the son of someone you knew well 20 years ago. For whatever reason, he is a person intent on hurting or killing you or your family and you are allowed to use deadly force.

BANG!!!

There are a hundred more important things running through your head in a shooting situation and you cannot be adding complexity to it. What the mobs do are criminal; their color is irrelevant.

When they choose to beat people for fun, they show psychopathic and sociopathic tendencies which are harmful to me and mine. This is absolutely nothing like the peace riots of the 60's- these are thieving, battering, killing criminals, pure and simple. My suggestion is to try to move away. If they close, draw weapon and warn and call 911. If they close, aim and cock. If they refuse to retreat, fire. But whatever you plan, make it, practice it, and stick to it. Don't cloud it with philosophy and doubt at the time.

6. You know I forget sometimes That I am not alone here. that if we all stand together we are people not a mob and we are mighty. Thank you all!
    yea I got some pain car crash and a drunk took my wife and child long ago. Never married again.
    But I am ok. well sorry did not know where all that came from.
    Take care I pray you all have a great Thanks giving.

Yep...we know...it's a moron thing. BTW...meant to quote mappow for this. Of course you meant to hijack the thread!

Quote Originally Posted by titaniumman:245479
    Doesn't make it any more right. Especially when they are stealing from, for the most part their own demographic type of people.
    A starving man steals an apple, a shop might not notice... A group of 50 people clean your store out and maybe kill or mame you in the bargin? A line gets crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by tuts40 View Post

I've been in many homes throughout my area while working 15 years as a home care (respiratory) type, up till two years ago. I've spoken with many families and overheard many conversations. I've been in all kinds of neighborhoods at all hours of the day and night. I get the 'flavor' that many people live in that would seem to make them more prone to stealing, flashing and other alternatives to making money, surviving.

What does any of that have to do with this thread? I dunno, on one hand I feel for those in desperate ways and yet in my other hand is a Glock...
    tuts40...it is not enough excuse to grin and bear living in that kind of world. Many did and yes, they upped and leave the place...and improved themselves. I know it is hard to just drop everything and leave, it has to be planned with a goal in mind : TO SUCCEED. MLK came from a poor family, Herman Cain did too, just two examples of those who were able to move away...and close to home, my husband (a white man) upped and left the farm at age 18 to find a job and find a life. He succeeded too. If one puts their mind to it, one can do it. I do not believe any one is forced to stay under the circumstances that they whined about. We as an individual have the capacity and the strength to move on and improve ourselves. Think of family structure and teachings...it is how the parents raised their kids that dictate how a kid will grow up. Just my opinion.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker's Mom View Post
    We as an individual have the capacity and the strength to move on and improve ourselves. Think of family structure and teachings...it is how the parents raised their kids that dictate how a kid will grow up. Just my opinion.
    If you're born into poverty today it's not your fault. If you live in poverty today it is your fault. Jus saying........Great post Mom!
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

The whole flash mob thing is only so much "fun" because as long as they stay non violent there pretty much isn't a darn thing anybody can do against them.

And yes, sooner or later somebody will be attacked by one and it mght end in a defensive shooting and then the "fun" is over.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast