Citizens Arrest? - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Citizens Arrest?

Here in TN, you have no "power of police" with a HCP. I'm only authorized to draw if my life is in imminent danger. Under no circumstances can I (nor would I want to) detain someone. I'll leave it at that.
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

Hm...

It depends.How do you define 'arrest'?If I,or one of my family was attacked and I did not kill the bas--um,perp,or I caught someone in the act of committing a heinous crime and,again,did not kill him in defense of my or someone els's life I would not try to affect an actual arrest.If I could convince him/her to lie face down on the ground(the danger of a .40S&W round going through,and subsequently shredding their brain might help with the convincing),I would hold them there untill the police arrive and let THEM arrest him/her.That's what I pay them for.But I would not,myself,arrest them.
    Give everybody guns.
    Natural selection will cull out the idiots.

No need for a citizens arrest

I was unaware of this information regarding the "citizens arrest" policy; however, I would find it unnecissary to get involved in such an altercation with the help of law enforcement at the touch of a phone. A vigilant society is an unhappy society.

5. At what point do we have responsability to help. I think Ron Will is right on. You may be the only thing between someone living and not.

An arrest exposes you to too much liability and means that you get questioned that much more by lawyers. If it's a real self-defense situation, then treat it like one - draw your gun and fire. If it is not an actual life-or-death situation, then do not present your weapon. Talk your way out and go home. There's really no reason to make an arrest.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

Quote Originally Posted by Canis-Lupus View Post
    "Touch of a phone" works fine if you live next door to the local cop-shop, but how long do you think it may take a county cop to respond to your casa in the middle of say nowhere New Mexico, 'next gas 150 miles' type of place. Maybe a nice game of Scrabble with the drifter who U found trying to jack your wheels who is now staring at the wrong end of your shooter, and some cold beer while you wait? Never mind, just shoot 'em I guess and bury the remains in the desert works where way-rural Protect & Serve is a 3 hour response after calling 911. :7: City thinking 101.

Canis-Lupus :y:
    Bury? Desert...plenty of time...hey, that's a perfectly good mummy! Just get $100 in gauze and your kid will have an awesome project for school!

"And this...is our mummy! He's real! Don't worry, he won't come alive. Daddy already shot him and wrapped him up. Isn't it cool!?! Why did the teacher faint?" :icon_cheesygrin:
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

"Touch of a phone" works fine if you live next door to the local cop-shop, but how long do you think it may take a county cop to respond to your casa in the middle of say nowhere New Mexico, 'next gas 150 miles' type of place. Maybe a nice game of Scrabble with the drifter who U found trying to jack your wheels who is now staring at the wrong end of your shooter, and some cold beer while you wait? Never mind, just shoot 'em I guess and bury the remains in the desert works where way-rural Protect & Serve is a 3 hour response after calling 911. :7: City thinking 101.

Okay...... I suppose if I am out in BFE and dont have a phone I or if I had to wait an extenssive amount of time for law enforcement to show up, yeah I would do something. I suppose I am thinking more logically, and what would actually happen in my "real world" situations.

Somebody's cheese has done slipped of their Cracker!

??????

Exclamation Let's step back for a second

Canus Lupis...Please try to be more coherent with your sentences. I have a hard time reading the techni-color words and trying to make sense out of some of your euphemisms. I am not that much of a wordsmith so...spell it out in plain American uhhh... I mean English.

Liquid g and Teddy Nugget are both partially right. We need to be careful not to become VIGILANTES. We are to protect ourselves/families first and others IF the situation permits. I for one will not place myself in a potential lawsuit snare nor will I go spoiling for a fight. It just ain't worth it. I agree that we need to do what we can to help the police...but I will not place myself willingly in harms way to do it. IF I can safely subdue the BG then I might. But as for ratcheting the guy to a pole or knocking him cold...not happening. I can just see the lawsuit now for of all things unlawful imprisonment and possible unnecessary use of force. You are better off if there is only one side to the story!:22:
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Hey guys, take it easy please. If you can't read his post then don't read it, please do start flaming each other.

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast