Would you have pulled/used your sidearm in this situation? - Page 2

View Poll Results: Would you have pulled/used your firearm in this case?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

28 75.68%
  • No

5 13.51%
  • Undecided

4 10.81%
  • I don't carry firearms.

0 0%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you have pulled/used your sidearm in this situation?

Blog Entries
    I think the first time he hit me, I would have given him the benefit of the doubt that it was truly an accident. But the moment he jumped out and rushed the car, I would have unholstered my weapon. Anyone using a vehicle as a weapon is a danger to everyone on the road and I believe it would be justifiable to pull my gun.

What I can't believe is that a former police officer ran like a *****. You'd think he has the training to deal with an assbag like this guy since cops are disarmed in England. Guess not.

I would have gotten my gun out of the holster just in case, but I wouldn't have pointed it at him unless I needed to. But I wouldn't have had to go through all that either. My truck would have made a meal out of his vehicle.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    I would have gotten my gun out of the holster just in case, but I wouldn't have pointed it at him unless I needed to. But I wouldn't have had to go through all that either. My truck would have made a meal out of his vehicle.
    I know what you mean! If he attempted to slam the brakes on in front of mine I probably woulda smushed his lol Big trucks brake slow.

I'm actually shocked that 80-some % voted for pulling a weapon on an unarmed man, but only 16 people voted. :)
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    I'm actually shocked that 80-some % voted for pulling a weapon on an unarmed man, but only 16 people voted. :)
    He wasn't unarmed. He used a 3-4000 pound vehicle as a weapon then proceeded to smash the window with his fists.

So are you implying that an unarmed man isn't dangerous? Come to my dojo if that's your attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    Unarmed men commit murders all the time, so the only thing shocking is that you are apparently operating under the delusion that someone must have a weapon in order to be a threat. And the poll said "pulled/used". There was no option for drawn but not pointed or used, which is the response most people gave.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

Would you have pulled/used your sidearm in this situation?

I think he did absolutely everything right.. He was lucky he was on a freeway and could drive away when they guy jumped on his windshield. If I was in a parking or a congested space and couldn't get away, and that guy had have pulled that I absolutely would've drawn and fired. He's lucky he had a cam, who would've ever believed that.

Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    He wasn't unarmed. He used a 3-4000 pound vehicle as a weapon then proceeded to smash the window with his fists.

So are you implying that an unarmed man isn't dangerous? Come to my dojo if that's your attitude.
    When he was on the hood, he no longer was armed with the vehicle (therefore unarmed), and if you watched the video the man that was on the hood, was not the driver, therefore he was never armed with that vehicle..

If you are suggesting you should start shooting at the moving vehicle, I would take umbrage with that too.

This victim in the video, IMO, did everything right. He tried to remove himself from the situation at every turn and did it successfully. If at some point he could not remove himself from the situation, my opinion may change. However, that didn't happen, therefore this would just be conjecture.

And reread my post... I never said an unarmed man isn't dangerous. I will say that if my vehicle is running, and I'm in it, and there is an unarmed man punching my vehicle, I will hit the gas pedal and leave like this driver did. I would not pull my weapon on him. The only time I will ever pull my weapon is when I'm prepared to use it. This situation did not, IMO, deserve killing the man on the hood.

I also don't think just displaying a firearm is a bright idea... again, if you pull a firearm, be prepared to pull that trigger. Had this gentleman shot the other guy, I believe he would be the one going to jail.

And again, isn't this Australia?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Never quite find out how or what really started this. Does not condone anything that happened but it would be nice to know what "really started" this crazy story. Personally you have your best defense being in the car and you do try to get to police station. Based on what I saw especially when he got to the car and began on the window I definitely would have presumed imminent danger to my life or body and that would have left me with two options. He did not appear from the video to have a firearm and at that moment, if I were CC, I would have had my firearm in my hand ready to "stop him" (I cannot get over those two words when I aim a firearm at someone's chest---I am aiming to kill him--pure and simple--but that is another story). The other solution would be my car--as soon as he came rampaging toward me, I could just run him down---I somehow get the feeling this would be worse than shooting him---just a more difficult action with more options for an attorney or authorities (ie why not just evade, back up etc etc--did you really have to "gun it" and run him down?). At least if you shoot him, you have made a clear and unmistakable "presumption" under the law.

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"
    Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Never quite find out how or what really started this. Does not condone anything that happened but it would be nice to know what "really started" this crazy story.
    I agree....I'm also wondering what really set that dude off to such a boiling point?

Imagine if the driver truly was innocent and it was just some case of mistaken identity?

I have had the unfortunate experience of a complete stranger road raging and chase me before for no reason whatsoever.
    Some people just seem 'lose it' sometimes for whatever reason and then they decide to take it out on other people I guess.

I'm thinking that a 'dash camera' is a very good tool to have inside our vehicles.
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast