Father, 73, kills daughter, 37, calls police and waits on porch for them to arrive... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Father, 73, kills daughter, 37, calls police and waits on porch for them to arrive...

ezkl2230 Guest
    Well, in this case (the one that kicked off this thread), it turns out that the woman, who had a record of abusing her parents, went into the house making a scene. It appears that the father feared for his life, retrieved his shotgun. When the daughter saw it, she told him he didn't have the guts to pull the trigger. He snapped, and she died. A lot of folks are asking why he didn't call the police until after the confrontation was over; I guess if I had been in his situation and previous calls to the police had failed to rein in his daughter or change the situation, I probably wouldn't put much trust in their ability to stop the abuse, either. Besides, it takes 15 or 20 minutes for them to arrive on scene. Folks are going to be watching this case very closely to see what else is revealed. It looks like self-defense, but who knows for sure at this moment?

Father, 73, kills daughter, 37, calls police and waits on porch for them to arrive...

I don't think I'd ever have the guts to shoot my own daughter regardless of how abusive she was. I'd throw her out, try to put her in jail if needed, and even move away and cut all ties with her if I had too, but I honestly think I would die before kill the daughter that I spent my entire life doing my best to raise. (This is all speculative of course, my daughter is a month old.)

Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    I don't think I'd ever have the guts to shoot my own daughter regardless of how abusive she was. I'd throw her out, try to put her in jail if needed, and even move away and cut all ties with her if I had too, but I honestly think I would die before kill the daughter that I spent my entire life doing my best to raise. (This is all speculative of course, my daughter is a month old.)
    I could not agree with you more. I have 2 boys and 2 girls who are grown and out on their own. Now they are good kids with no problems, so I could NEVER imagine any situation where I would shoot or kill them.

I will talk to my sister about the grandma and post what she says is going on with her.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12