Father, 73, kills daughter, 37, calls police and waits on porch for them to arrive...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Father, 73, kills daughter, 37, calls police and waits on porch for them to arrive...

  1. #1
    ezkl2230 Guest

    Father, 73, kills daughter, 37, calls police and waits on porch for them to arrive...

    The daughter had a long record of run-ins with the law, including violence-related charges, the most recent was 9 days before she died. Apparently, while visiting her father's home in Berlin Township (Ionia County), MI, she got violent; he felt threatened enough that he shot her. He then called 911, told them he had shot her and thought she was dead, and waited for police on his front porch.

    Unlike the daughter, the father had a spotless record. Yet, despite this, and despite Michigan's Castle Law, he is being arraigned on open murder.

    A sad situation; hopefully, if things are as they appear to be, the father will be cleared of charges.

    Daughter killed by dad has violent past | WOOD TV8

  2.   
  3. #2
    My sister lives in the Detroit area. She told me about a trial that is either going on now or about to. It is somewhat the same story. A grandmother shot and killed her grandson. The grandson was living with his grandparents and was a problem. He had run ins with the law and she felt threatened. She was arrested and put in jail. My sister knows the grandparents and said they are the nicest people you could ever know.

    Very sad. I hope and pray that the father, in the above post, and the grandmother are freed and allowed to go home.

  4. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by vernsimpson View Post
    My sister lives in the Detroit area. She told me about a trial that is either going on now or about to. It is somewhat the same story. A grandmother shot and killed her grandson. The grandson was living with his grandparents and was a problem. He had run ins with the law and she felt threatened. She was arrested and put in jail. My sister knows the grandparents and said they are the nicest people you could ever know.

    Very sad. I hope and pray that the father, in the above post, and the grandmother are freed and allowed to go home.
    It's over, she was convicted of murder, I believe. Sentenced to quite a few years. Worst possible outcome IMO.

  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Peggy Reist View Post
    It's over, she was convicted of murder, I believe. Sentenced to quite a few years. Worst possible outcome IMO.
    Sorry to hear that! I have not asked my sister about it. I seem to remember that she was in her 80's, which means she will die in prison.
    Our Mother is not doing very good. So she is the main topic of conversation when I talk to my sister. I will ask my sister about it and post an up date on it as soon as I can.

  6. In the Detroit grandmother story, there is indeed more to the story - what convicted her was the 911 call, which was made by her grandson after she had initially shot him. While he was on the phone pleading for help, and pleading for his life - a time that the grandmother had the option to remove herself from the house (she was not incapacitated in any other way, just pissed off) - and the 911 call captured all that, she basically executed him, shooting him two more times at point blank range. This was an obvious verdict, and until the case was tried and the 911 tape was played, I was all in the grandma's corner, thinking that it was so unfair that she had to go through this trial.

  7. #6

    Father, 73, kills daughter, 37, calls police and waits on porch for them to arrive...

    ^^What Fred said. I remember watching parts of this trial. The grandmother seemed extremely cold. From what I remember, the parents couldn't handle the troubled teen so they dumped him with the grandmother and moved to Arizona. She was old and needed just as much help as he did so the circumstances were completely unfair to her. But in the end, she lost it and killed him out of frustration, the final shots being recorded on 911 tapes. Sad situation for everyone but she was rightfully convicted. IMO the parents should have faced charges too though.

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    ^^What Fred said. I remember watching parts of this trial. The grandmother seemed extremely cold. From what I remember, the parents couldn't handle the troubled teen so they dumped him with the grandmother and moved to Arizona. She was old and needed just as much help as he did so the circumstances were completely unfair to her. But in the end, she lost it and killed him out of frustration, the final shots being recorded on 911 tapes. Sad situation for everyone but she was rightfully convicted. IMO the parents should have faced charges too though.
    As I said my sister knows and lives near the grandparents. She said that now the grandma's son is mad and blames her for his son's death. While she did kill the boy I agree with you that the boys parents have a VERY big hand in his death. There are to many parents who should never be parents. They do not want to be bothered so they DUMP their problems onto the grandparents.

    As for grandma being cold, I don't know. My sister said that she was always very quite and soft spoken. Now grandpa is alone and he is VERY lonely. The neighbors have and are doing all they can to support him. All in all it is a sad ending for him and his wife.

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sepra Peratus/Arkansas
    Posts
    1,638
    Quote Originally Posted by vernsimpson View Post
    As I said my sister knows and lives near the grandparents. She said that now the grandma's son is mad and blames her for his son's death. While she did kill the boy I agree with you that the boys parents have a VERY big hand in his death. There are to many parents who should never be parents. They do not want to be bothered so they DUMP their problems onto the grandparents.

    As for grandma being cold, I don't know. My sister said that she was always very quite and soft spoken. Now grandpa is alone and he is VERY lonely. The neighbors have and are doing all they can to support him. All in all it is a sad ending for him and his wife.
    Have you been spying on me?
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

  10. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by vernsimpson View Post
    As I said my sister knows and lives near the grandparents. She said that now the grandma's son is mad and blames her for his son's death. While she did kill the boy I agree with you that the boys parents have a VERY big hand in his death. There are to many parents who should never be parents. They do not want to be bothered so they DUMP their problems onto the grandparents.

    As for grandma being cold, I don't know. My sister said that she was always very quite and soft spoken. Now grandpa is alone and he is VERY lonely. The neighbors have and are doing all they can to support him. All in all it is a sad ending for him and his wife.
    I can very easily put myself in this grandmother's place. I've seen enough domestic violence that I can understand why this might happen like it did. In the heat of the moment, she might have seen this as the only chance she had to rid herself of the ongoing danger that was her grandson. It sounded to me like the grandson was abusive and uncontrollable. In my opinion, it could have very well ended with her being the one that was dead. And as for the boy's father blaming his mother for the kid's death, it's a little late to play the father game now. He already blew that.

    The other story above with the father and daughter sounds very similar and could also have gone the other way.

  11. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Peggy Reist View Post
    I can very easily put myself in this grandmother's place. I've seen enough domestic violence that I can understand why this might happen like it did. In the heat of the moment, she might have seen this as the only chance she had to rid herself of the ongoing danger that was her grandson. It sounded to me like the grandson was abusive and uncontrollable. In my opinion, it could have very well ended with her being the one that was dead. And as for the boy's father blaming his mother for the kid's death, it's a little late to play the father game now. He already blew that.

    The other story above with the father and daughter sounds very similar and could also have gone the other way.
    I agree with you. I have no sympathy for a domestically abusive man, being shot to death by his victim, be it wife, girlfriend, mother, grandmother or anything else. I was involved with police more than once in my younger years for taking the law into my own hands when I refused to be an idle witness to domestic abuse. First time, I was in 6th grade when I split a guys head open on a payphone while he had his girlfriend pinned up against a wall choking her with both hands. Actually got off on that one.

    Point is, if he was beating her at the time she had every right to shoot him. Where she went wrong was finishing him off while he was pleading for help. As much as I hate domestic abusers, I I couldn't bring myself to execute a man pleading for help. Then again, I've never been the victim.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast