Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
This kid is an idiot.
Not an idiot. Just young, inexperienced, and untrained, but with his heart in the right place.

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
Far from it. It's just that I'm not interested in getting mixed up in your scrapes. There are enough people who need an ass whipping without going around defending everyone else. If one is armed then by all means they should defend another person against an armed attacker. But unarmed against a knife is usually a loser. This ain't TV.
Anyone who's ever been violently attacked knows if he wanted to slit that kid's throat he'd have done it. And if he truly intended he would have shanked the good Samaritan too. Mounting a successful Knife defense is extremely difficult when you're unarmed.
Doubtful the kid with the knife was much of a knife fighter, but your points here are still valid. Nevertheless I still applaud this young man. If I were his dad, I'd be proud of him, and then I'd see to it that he got some realistic martial arts training. It would be beneficial for him to fully understand just how dangerous this was. Not to dissuade him from acting, but to ensure that if and when he acts he does so with eyes fully opened.