The trial of George Zimmerman - Page 11
Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: The trial of George Zimmerman

Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post
    So we now know that "cracker" is a perfectly acceptable racial slur for blacks to use to describe whites, but "n****r," a word that is used freely among blacks (and one that I will not use) to describe one another, is completely unacceptable for non-blacks to use.
    Were any of the ancestors of those offended white people ever owned by a black person?

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    Were any of the ancestors of those offended white people ever owned by a black person?
    ...and the price of tea in China is?????? Which of those "African Americans" using the innocuous term "cracker" were actually owned by said "crackers"? Which "crazy ass crackers" living now can you point to today own or are responsible for slavery? BTW just as stupid as your excuse is I will point out that back in the day, right here in this land there were blacks that owned black slaves.
    Does that justify or excuse the institution of slavery? Certainly not! Neither does your comment excuse ongoing racist remarks by racists, even black ones!!!!!!!!
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Certified RSO

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    Is that a legal question, counselor?
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

As far as the focus of the trial, like everyone else there I have many questions. I would like more focus on one, what I believe, one simple point that this case should boil down to.
    Before I get to that and just to confuse that issue like what is happening in the trial. Many focus on how GZ followed TM against "orders". A term used, not mine and there were no hardcore "orders",
    GZ was so zealous he did not follow protocol which was to "observe and report". There are many nuances to this but when I hear this (not going to debate this) and just smile to myself and wonder how you observe when you lose sight of someone.
    Back on track here>>>>>>>> I want to know at what point and what action justifies Trayvon Martin or anyone else for punching out another individual, knocking them to the ground and continue pummeling them with impunity?
    A couple of other thoughts. TM, while riding GZ could have grabbed GZ's clothes by his chest area and picked him up and drove his head back into the cement without actually grabbing his head,or his back of head injuries could have happened from the original knock down.
    Final thought>>>> You "trained" individuals know you can do a lot of damage with open hand strikes and not bruise your hands. When riding someone who is on their back, forearm smashes and
    elbow strikes work nicely, so I have been told.
    So, again, what is the exact tipping point when someone is justified for giving George Zimmerman what he........ deserved??
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Certified RSO

Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    As far as the focus of the trial, like everyone else there I have many questions. I would like more focus on one, what I believe, one simple point that this case should boil down to.
    Before I get to that and just to confuse that issue like what is happening in the trial. Many focus on how GZ followed TM against "orders". A term used, not mine and there were no hardcore "orders",
    GZ was so zealous he did not follow protocol which was to "observe and report". There are many nuances to this but when I hear this (not going to debate this) and just smile to myself and wonder how you observe when you lose sight of someone.
    Back on track here>>>>>>>> I want to know at what point and what action justifies Trayvon Martin or anyone else for punching out another individual, knocking them to the ground and continue pummeling them with impunity?
    A couple of other thoughts. TM, while riding GZ could have grabbed GZ's clothes by his chest area and picked him up and drove his head back into the cement without actually grabbing his head,or his back of head injuries could have happened from the original knock down.
    Final thought>>>> You "trained" individuals know you can do a lot of damage with open hand strikes and not bruise your hands. When riding someone who is on their back, forearm smashes and
    elbow strikes work nicely, so I have been told.
    So, again, what is the exact tipping point when someone is justified for giving George Zimmerman what he........ deserved??
    I liked your post. I'm thinking that "disparity of force" is a part of Florida self defence law. This isn't just to you Cap. But doesn't this apply in this case? Along with GZ disengaging from the altercation?
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

Quote Originally Posted by gejoslin View Post
    I liked your post. I'm thinking that "disparity of force" is a part of Florida self defence law. This isn't just to you Cap. But doesn't this apply in this case? Along with GZ disengaging from the altercation?
    Unfortunately, the media has people thinking Zimmerman shot a 13 year old little child...they still are putting up child pictures of Martin on the news. Let's see how much influence the media has on the courts.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

I don't think disparity of force enters here at all. If it did I would have to say that Trayvon had more ability in a physical confrontation then Zimmerman. If you saw the pics of the dead Martin presented at the trial the 17 year old is 5'11 and 160 not skinny but in shape and looked hard ( what a waste) not like George Zimmerman, who the owner of the gym he went to described him as "soft". Don't cloud my simple question!
    When or at what point is anyone justified for punching out another individual??? Oh, and if someone thinks your wife is hot, just smile and say you know! Not grounds for punching him out! lol
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Certified RSO

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    Unfortunately, the media has people thinking Zimmerman shot a 13 year old little child...they still are putting up child pictures of Martin on the news. Let's see how much influence the media has on the courts.
    ~
    That's what happens when MSM tries to influence the public about their agenda. With MSM it's not about truth or justice!
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    I don't think disparity of force enters here at all. If it did I would have to say that Trayvon had more ability in a physical confrontation then Zimmerman. If you saw the pics of the dead Martin presented at the trial the 17 year old is 5'11 and 160 not skinny but in shape and looked hard ( what a waste) not like George Zimmerman, who the owner of the gym he went to described him as "soft". Don't cloud my simple question!
    When or at what point is anyone justified for punching out another individual??? Oh, and if someone thinks your wife is hot, just smile and say you know! Not grounds for punching him out! lol
    IMO Striking the head or face is justified at the same time it would be justified to use a firearm. It is in my opinion, deadly force to strike those locations, so the same criteria applies to its use.

That being said, so far what has been released, Martin had no justification to use deadly force if he was just being followed, while Zimmerman did have justification to defend himself with equal force back.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

If I can't get my question answered here I doubt it will be answered by the trial tough it should be.
    Chen, you tied your answer to the use of deadly force used by Zimmerman. I understand and I agree but you didn't answer my question.
    You use the term "striking" which is an act in progress. The question that has to be answered in this case and that is..... What action or situation justifies getting to the act of "striking" or punching someone out??? A very simple question. Stick with it.
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Certified RSO

Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast