The trial of George Zimmerman - Page 12
Page 12 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: The trial of George Zimmerman

Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    I don't think disparity of force enters here at all. If it did I would have to say that Trayvon had more ability in a physical confrontation then Zimmerman. If you saw the pics of the dead Martin presented at the trial the 17 year old is 5'11 and 160 not skinny but in shape and looked hard ( what a waste) not like George Zimmerman, who the owner of the gym he went to described him as "soft". Don't cloud my simple question!
    When or at what point is anyone justified for punching out another individual??? Oh, and if someone thinks your wife is hot, just smile and say you know! Not grounds for punching him out! lol
    Disparity of force comes into the fight as TM was on top pounding GZ's head with the ground under GZ's head. That doubles if not triples TM's blows and could very easily deliver great bodily injury if not death to GZ. Which gives GZ the ability to use death force to end the attack. Weather he was the aggressor or not.
    Google Massad Ayood on Disparity of Force. He has testified in court on this many times.
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

Quote Originally Posted by gejoslin View Post
    Disparity of force comes into the fight as TM was on top pounding GZ's head with the ground under GZ's head. That doubles if not triples TM's blows and could very easily deliver great bodily injury if not death to GZ. Which gives GZ the ability to use death force to end the attack. Weather he was the aggressor or not.
    Google Massad Ayood on Disparity of Force. He has testified in court on this many times.
    Sorry but you are a bit off. First an aggressor loses his right to self defense unless he stops his attack and then is attacked by his former victim. If the aggressor does not stop his deadly attack the victim is meeting that force with like force. No gun necessary. Disparity of force can justify the use of deadly force alone; but not for the aggressor if he doesn't break off his attack.
    He regains that right if the former victim re engages and comes after him.
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Certified RSO

Sorry but you are a bit off. First an aggressor loses his right to self defense unless he stops his attack and then is attacked by his former victim. If the aggressor does not stop his deadly attack the victim is meeting that force with like force. No gun necessary. Disparity of force can justify the use of deadly force alone; but not for the aggressor if he doesn't break off his attack.
    I believe you'll find that the weaker person has a right to NOT get beaten to death by the stronger person in a position of disparity. Especially after calling for help and trying to disengage.
    If I'm wrong, please enlighten me.
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

enlightenment will come if you carefully read my posts and not try to make your point which disregards what I actually said and my given scenario.
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Certified RSO

enlightenment will come if you carefully read my posts and not try to make your point which disregards what I actually said and my given scenario.
    ~
    Sorry was talking about the thread here, the trial of George Zimmerman. Didn't realize your scenario was about someone else.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by gejoslin View Post
    I believe you'll find that the weaker person has a right to NOT get beaten to death by the stronger person in a position of disparity. Especially after calling for help and trying to disengage.
    If I'm wrong, please enlighten me.
    The words contained within the FL code section(s) covering use of force are extremely clear. I don't think the words "disparity of force" are contained in those sections, but the meme is addressed as clear as it can be from where I sit. I believe the bolded text above is perfectly consistent with memes contained in the code, though I'm not sure I see where CapGun is arguing against that premise. Where I think CapGun might be going a bit into the realm of conjecture is assuming that any aggression was displayed by George Zimmerman that night. I mean that in a legal, statutory sense of the word, not whether or not some of us might consider it "aggressive" for him to have gotten out of his vehicle. The only evidence about what happened to start the fight is Martin's female friend who is still destroying his case on the stand as I type this, who said that the last thing she heard before she perceived the fight starting was Zimmerman saying, "What are you doing around here?" or something to that effect. She also said that Martin was the first one to speak between them, when he said, "What are you following me for?" or something to that effect. There is zero evidence to show, or even logically suggest, who threw the first blow, who advanced towards whom or what happened after the connection was lost within seconds of her perception that the fight was on.

And by the way, in case anyone has forgotten (or never knew), the only eye-witness to any part of the fight will come during the defense's case, and unless he's had a 180° change-of-heart from what he said here, Zimmerman was being "beaten up" by Martin, who he clearly puts on top.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SZRdGIjt_o
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

If I can't get my question answered here I doubt it will be answered by the trial tough it should be.
    Chen, you tied your answer to the use of deadly force used by Zimmerman. I understand and I agree but you didn't answer my question.
    You use the term "striking" which is an act in progress. The question that has to be answered in this case and that is..... What action or situation justifies getting to the act of "striking" or punching someone out??? A very simple question. Stick with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    IMO Striking (punching, elbowing, kneeing, etc) the head or face is justified at the same time it would be justified to use a firearm.
    In case you missed it.

if you don't know what action or situation justifies the use of your firearm (aka deadly force aka punching someone in the head), I advise you to get some more training.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Blog Entries
    Ive listened to the tape and it seems that Zimmerman was obeying the dispatchers request to not follow Martin. I believe that Martin did indeed attack him for no reason other than he knew Zimmerman had called the police. The fact that Zimmerman pulled his gun after being bludgeoned repeatedly will probably convince the jurors of his innocence.

Yesterday the trial turned a bit in favor of the prosecution. A second witness testified that the man on top before the gun shot was the same man that got up and walked around after the gun shot. That suggest that although Zimmerman was having his head pounded against the ground at some point he got on top of Martin, "kneeling on top of him" as the witness testified, then pulled out his weapon an shot Martin. That's two witness with consistent stories about who was on top of the fight.

O'Mara also made a mistake asking the witness about Zimmer's reputation for being paceful, because it looks like the prosecution will now be able to ask her about the domestic violence restraining order and the arrest for assaulting and LEO, which they could not have done if O'Mara had not open the subject on cross examination.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    Yesterday the trial turned a bit in favor of the prosecution. A second witness testified that the man on top before the gun shot was the same man that got up and walked around after the gun shot. That suggest that although Zimmerman was having his head pounded against the ground at some point he got on top of Martin, "kneeling on top of him" as the witness testified, then pulled out his weapon an shot Martin. That's two witness with consistent stories about who was on top of the fight.

O'Mara also made a mistake asking the witness about Zimmer's reputation for being paceful, because it looks like the prosecution will now be able to ask her about the domestic violence restraining order and the arrest for assaulting and LEO, which they could not have done if O'Mara had not open the subject on cross examination.
    I didn't see that in the summary that I read this morning. Link?

From what I saw on the news and read about the prosecutions star witness...

Omfg!!!! She must have been a plant for the defense or just a bumbling idiot. I vote the bumbling idiot LOL
    If it doesn't fit, FORCE it! If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway.

Page 12 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast