The trial of George Zimmerman - Page 15
Page 15 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: The trial of George Zimmerman

Back on track here>>>>>>>> I want to know at what point and what action justifies Trayvon Martin or anyone else for punching out another individual, knocking them to the ground and continue pummeling them with impunity?
    A few decades ago two men punching each other in the nose acceptable if the altercation was mutual. (mutual combat) then somewhere that wasn't good enough and you had to literally knock their brains out to make your point.

We used to have a code and if you did something wrong I could punch you in the nose. You then had an option, punch me back or apologize for your insulting action.

Now there is no more code, laws are no longer obeyed by officials, morals are all based on preferred method of orgasm, women are no longer revered as potential mothers but receptacles for randy boys, teen sex now includes 10 year old kids, and we have become a litigious society. If you are involved in a fight today, You are sued, the owner of your car is sued, the person that owned the property you fought on is sued. Someone, anyone that came in contact with you in the past year is sued by lawyers with bills to pay and payroll to meet.

Then came the violence is never acceptable crowd. What a crock of crap. Sometimes violence is the only answer.

Anyway, to answer your question: When a jury says so. Who is involved with that? More lawyers.
    Tolerance of the intolerant leads to the destruction of tolerance. “You are also reminded that any inappropriate remarks or jokes concerning security may result in your arrest,” in the land of the free.

Quote Originally Posted by golocx4 View Post
    A few decades ago two men punching each other in the nose acceptable if the altercation was mutual. (mutual combat) then somewhere that wasn't good enough and you had to literally knock their brains out to make your point.

We used to have a code and if you did something wrong I could punch you in the nose. You then had an option, punch me back or apologize for your insulting action.

Now there is no more code, laws are no longer obeyed by officials, morals are all based on preferred method of orgasm, women are no longer revered as potential mothers but receptacles for randy boys, teen sex now includes 10 year old kids, and we have become a litigious society. If you are involved in a fight today, You are sued, the owner of your car is sued, the person that owned the property you fought on is sued. Someone, anyone that came in contact with you in the past year is sued by lawyers with bills to pay and payroll to meet.

Then came the violence is never acceptable crowd. What a crock of crap. Sometimes violence is the only answer.

Anyway, to answer your question: When a jury says so. Who is involved with that? More lawyers.
    As far as I know SC still has the "Mutual Combat" code on the books. (If two people wish to fight, they can. However, if one of them tries to walk away and gets hit, the other is guilty of assault.)

-
    “Only a rookie who knows nothing about science would say science takes away from faith. If you really study science, it will bring you closer to God.” —JAMES TOUR, NANOSCIENTIST

Quote Originally Posted by tcox4freedom View Post
    As far as I know SC still has the "Mutual Combat" code on the books. (If two people wish to fight, they can. However, if one of them tries to walk away and gets hit, the other is guilty of assault.)-
    That is good to hear.
    We must also consider the feminization of the American White Male. (or "White Men of Privilege" who own slaves aka employees)

In the animal kingdom, when two males of the same species fight each other, the fight will end with submission by the looser. When females fight (usually with non aborted fetuses nearby) they fight to the death.
    This my explain the need to relentlessly beat your opponent until his brains are exposed and his jaw hangs uselessly down to his chest like an ill fitting necklace. We have been turned into girlymen.
    Tolerance of the intolerant leads to the destruction of tolerance. “You are also reminded that any inappropriate remarks or jokes concerning security may result in your arrest,” in the land of the free.

That is good to hear.
    We must also consider the feminization of the American White Male. (or "White Men of Privilege" who own slaves aka employees)

In the animal kingdom, when two males of the same species fight each other, the fight will end with submission by the looser. When females fight (usually with non aborted fetuses nearby) they fight to the death.
    This my explain the need to relentlessly beat your opponent until his brains are exposed and his jaw hangs uselessly down to his chest like an ill fitting necklace. We have been turned into girlymen.
    ~
    Well, some have! I do declare exception!
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

That is good to hear.

Girly-men. NYC is full of them. You see a girly-man with a hammer in his hand... he's a hammer salesman.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

You are so right! You touch on something I have thought about for a long time. It pertains to that "code" you reference.
    I am not a shrink but I guess I can play one here. The obscene violence that school kids exact on each other along with kids really going off the deep end. You know, the quiet kid that ends up killing another kid or who goes on a schoolmate massacre. There are many reasons that I won't list here but could one of them be?????
    Zero tolerance! Little Johnny can not exhibit any aggression even if he was the victim and just fighting back. There is no outlet for them. They don't know what it is to settle a problem with the
    "duke it out" therapy of the good old days. You know back when we believed there was such a thing as "fighting dirty" and it was not accepted. (please do not confuse my comment with hardcore street survival!) So no kid learns what it is like to get hit. He has no empathy for the other guy so it's ok to beat someone into oblivion. I can go on to explain more clearly but I hate typing. I just know you and others, especially the 55 and over crowd know what I mean. Please comment. I know you will be more eloquent.
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Certified RSO

That is good to hear.

Again, right on target. Girly-men.... That would be the "Wussification" of America!
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Certified RSO

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    Not trying to contradict you, just offer another perspective, but I believe the reason Martin won't be shown to have been justified is that all the witnesses who had the potential to say he was justified for some reason, have already testified, and none of them saw that part of the altercation. In a baseball analogy, tie goes to the runner, with the tie being that either one of them *could have* started the fight, and the runner being the defendant, Zimmerman. If tie goes to the runner as far as who was the aggressor (statutorily-speaking), it's already over. The best the prosecution can do at this point is present statements and depositions that have some minor inconsistencies, but hey, the guy had his head pounded on and was described by the first witness to contact him after the shooting as "staggering around" and said he "squatted, trying to collect himself." On the significant facts, he hasn't been at all inconsistent, and all the witnesses support his story, whether they perceive otherwise or not. A couple or three said they saw GZ on top, but that was after the shooting, and is perfectly consistent with his story of how it looked as he tried to get out from under Martin's body. Even he says he was on top for a brief time. This trial has always been a political sham from the beginning.

I will be absolutely amazed at this point if Zimmerman ever takes the stand, which is fairly unusual in a self defense case. Such is the quality of the prosecution's case though. Their witnesses have already established a prima facie self defense case for the defendant they're prosecuting!

Blues
    No contradiction from you Blues. I just felt if there was a way to get past all the crap and direct to my point the end would be the same as your scenario. Your scenario is part of the process and I agree with you. I just have little patience for the racist, idiot pot stirrers and pundits that put agenda ahead of the law! There I said ti.
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Certified RSO

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    No contradiction from you Blues. I just felt if there was a way to get past all the crap and direct to my point the end would be the same as your scenario. Your scenario is part of the process and I agree with you. I just have little patience for the racist, idiot pot stirrers and pundits that put agenda ahead of the law! There I said ti.
    Boy, so do I. Having lived through the Rodney King riots, I have no patience for those who either promote or succumb to race-baiting and violence. The very fact that Zimmerman is on trial right now is for no other reason than that a bunch of professional race-baiters who don't even live anywhere near Florida, much less Sanford, ginned up the whole country and portrayed GZ as a racist (with no evidence) and TM as a 13-year-old choir boy. Every objective evaluation of the available facts says to me that race had next to nothing to do with it (the only exception that's on the record now coming from Martin's friend-girl who said he referred to GZ in racially-charged language). The worst that can be proven at this point is that both people grossly misunderstood each others' motives for being there. Either or both of them could've used nothing more than their voices to avoid what happened. GZ could've identified himself as a neighborhood watcher and just innocently asked the kid if he could help him find his way without being confrontational in the least. TM could've just said something like, "Hi, my dad and I are here from Miami visiting his girlfriend. She lives in Unit #___" and been on his way without anything untoward happening. Neither of them had the wisdom within them to just make sure they understood who they were dealing with and why they were there. In any case, I could not agree more, the race-baiters have turned a local sad and tragic misunderstanding into something that has the potential to set fire to cities all across this country, and if that happens, blood will be on their hands, not Zimmerman's.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Page 15 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast