The trial of George Zimmerman - Page 17
Page 17 of 49 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: The trial of George Zimmerman

Quote Originally Posted by gejoslin View Post
    ~
    Thats my thought anyway. He's gonna need a lot of money to get his life back to some semblance of normalcy.
    I'm thinking his life will never return to normal anyway. Instructor told us that if one ever has to shoot in self defense, their life changes forever. Zimmerman will always be considered guilty because of his race. He will probably have to relocate because he will be a target if he walks. He's a political prisoner being tried on trumped up charges based on race. Seriously doubt he will get his life back.

I used to be a government-educated stooge. By the grace of God, I repent. -Robert Burris

Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    You are so right! You touch on something I have thought about for a long time. It pertains to that "code" you reference.
    I am not a shrink but I guess I can play one here. The obscene violence that school kids exact on each other along with kids really going off the deep end. You know, the quiet kid that ends up killing another kid or who goes on a schoolmate massacre. There are many reasons that I won't list here but could one of them be?????
    Zero tolerance! Little Johnny can not exhibit any aggression even if he was the victim and just fighting back. There is no outlet for them.
    Even worse, they're being coddled by teachers, parents, coaches, etc. Get a trophy for showing up even though you finish last? Can't keep score at little league? Or at soccer? Can't play cowboys anymore. Play prepares all animals for life. Every animal learns to hunt/fish/forage and defend itself through play. And mom corrects them when it gets out of hand. We got in trouble acting like wild Indians. Today it would be wild "Disadvantaged American Indians." Today a wild Indian is Dr. Mahavir on two cans of RedBull.
    So what happens when Jonny comes to work for people like me? We're playing for real. We're keeping score. Those who expect a trophy for showing-up are disappointed when they find that reward is attached to performance. How do they handle that crushing blow of being let go for poor performance? OCCUPY MOVEMENT, higher tax for those who kept score to pay the costs of those who merely showed-up to life.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Even worse, they're being coddled by teachers, parents, coaches, etc. Get a trophy for showing up even though you finish last? Can't keep score at little league? Or at soccer? Can't play cowboys anymore. Play prepares all animals for life. Every animal learns to hunt/fish/forage and defend itself through play. And mom corrects them when it gets out of hand. We got in trouble acting like wild Indians. Today it would be wild "Disadvantaged American Indians."
    So what happens when Jonny comes to work for people like me? We're playing for real. We're keeping score. Those who expect a trophy for showing-up are disappointed when they find that reward is attached to performance. How do they handle that crushing blow of being let go for poor performance? OCCUPY MOVEMENT, higher tax for those who kept score to pay the costs of those who merely showed-up to life.
    Sounds like a failed generation leading the next fail generation.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Even worse, they're being coddled by teachers, parents, coaches, etc. Get a trophy for showing up even though you finish last? Can't keep score at little league? Or at soccer? Can't play cowboys anymore. Play prepares all animals for life. Every animal learns to hunt/fish/forage and defend itself through play. And mom corrects them when it gets out of hand. We got in trouble acting like wild Indians. Today it would be wild "Disadvantaged American Indians."
    The trial of George Zimmerman-imageuploadedbytapatalk-21372632389.636376.jpg

Sent from behind enemy lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    Just for clarification, my wise a remark came from your "it's a simple question. Stick with it" remark. Also, I never said you need training, the "IF" was extremely important in my post. If you're thirsty, you need a drink...Is not telling you you need a drink if your not thirsty, see?

Nevertheless, my first response to you completely agrees with this post you just wrote. No, Martin had no justification to punch Zimmerman. If Martin could legally carry, he would have had no justification to pull a firearm either.

So seeing as after a few posts, our understanding is the same relating back to reply #1, I did indeed understand your question.

Speedy healing.

In reply to all the mutual combat posts, I think it is still functional albeit a narrower avenue. One example is an mma gym.

When I started college I trained with mma fighters at the university gym. While I never officially joined his mma gym, we sparred frequently. 99% of those people at the mma gym, male and female, ages 13 and up, had exactly the experience you are talking about. The level of respect towards others was night and day compared to the "girly men" of today. The avenue is there for our society, it's just to physically hard, and we've become so obese as a society.

7 years ago we held a fight night at our co-op house. It was a dry house, not affiliated with the university so we had whatever weapons we wanted in it rooms...and there were plenty. It was in this house I met the mma fighters. Well we set up mats and tiki torches in our side yard, and proceeded with the fights being judged by a professional mma fighter/ref. A police officer rolls up and asks for the president of the house, asks him if we were drinking, and if this was voluntary. No we weren't drinking and it was all voluntary (mutual). Police officer told us to be safe and let all the other officers know what was going on, and we were left alone the rest of the night.
    Even the MMA has some rules or a code.
    The code I speak of is something like a bunch of men in a bar or better yet a barber shop. They can be trash talking telling blue jokes etc.
    the moment a kid or a woman walks in the conversation changes. No one has to say anything, No one has to tell anyone to clean it up. They just do it because they are men.
    And yes, women walk into a barber shop all time to get haircuts for their young kids.
    I have been in bars and taverns where the same rules apply and when you have the young asswipe that is MFing this and Fbombing that in front of my wife or other women. I have the right to tell him to knock it off and if he doesn't comply a punch in the nose is totally justified. Any other man in the place just give a grin and didn't see notin.

That is all I am saying.
    Tolerance of the intolerant leads to the destruction of tolerance. “You are also reminded that any inappropriate remarks or jokes concerning security may result in your arrest,” in the land of the free.

Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post
    So the prosecution's star witness has actually done more to wreck their case than to bolster it. The talking heads are quick to try to pin the problem not on her performance and trustworthiness as a witness, but on the assumption that "the reason white people don’t understand Rachel Jeantel has something more to do with white privilege than what they could call Jeantel’s capricious nature...," (Christina Coleman in a Global Grind article).

Translation, privileged white folk just can't understand "...the difference between edgy culture [of the witness - added] and outright dysfunction,” Eric Deggans in the Tampa Bay Times. Supporters of the prosecution are trying to pave the way for a mistrial in case the jury, five white women and one Hispanic woman who are obviously in no position to truly understand this young woman and put her own hate speech, rude behavior, and inability to communicate clearly aside, find Zimmerman anything less than guilty. If you believe these writers, only a black jury is truly qualified to sit on the jury for this trial.

Trayvon Martin case: How Rachel Jeantel went from star witness to 'train wreck'
    Don't blame her, she is a college student that can't read. Who's fault is that?
    Tolerance of the intolerant leads to the destruction of tolerance. “You are also reminded that any inappropriate remarks or jokes concerning security may result in your arrest,” in the land of the free.

Quote Originally Posted by golocx4 View Post
    Even the MMA has some rules or a code.
    The code I speak of is something like a bunch of men in a bar or better yet a barber shop. They can be trash talking telling blue jokes etc.
    the moment a kid or a woman walks in the conversation changes. No one has to say anything, No one has to tell anyone to clean it up. They just do it because they are men.
    And yes, women walk into a barber shop all time to get haircuts for their young kids.
    I have been in bars and taverns where the same rules apply and when you have the young asswipe that is MFing this and Fbombing that in front of my wife or other women. I have the right to tell him to knock it off and if he doesn't comply a punch in the nose is totally justified. Any other man in the place just give a grin and didn't see notin.

That is all I am saying.
    Never heard of that code...Sounds like a train wreck.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

I know a little bit of that code. But it also requires respect for someone other than yourself. Tell that to the pants-around-the-ankles generation and they will never understand.

Now get off my lawn
    -Austin

That kind of respect has been gone from many generations now.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    That kind of respect has been gone from many generations now.
    Sad to say this, but I agree with you that it is gone. But I disagree that it has been many generations. Today's generation seems to think that they can do, say or act however they see fit.

It does scare me that they will be the ones who will run the country after us.

Page 17 of 49 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast