The trial of George Zimmerman - Page 18
Page 18 of 49 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: The trial of George Zimmerman

Quote Originally Posted by vernsimpson View Post
    Sad to say this, but I agree with you that it is gone. But I disagree that it has been many generations. Today's generation seems to think that they can do, say or act however they see fit.

It does scare me that they will be the ones who will run the country after us.
    I don't know the age of many of the members here...but I would consider myself part of the generation your talking about. The lack of respect has come from well before my time.

What's scares me is how blind the last generation has been to put the country in the position it's in now...and now everyone is too lazy and entitled to fix it.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    I don't know the age of many of the members here...but I would consider myself part of the generation your talking about. The lack of respect has come from well before my time.

What's scares me is how blind the last generation has been to put the country in the position it's in now...and now everyone is too lazy and entitled to fix it.
    Have you seen the movie, "Idiocracy?"
    You can have good intentions and not be right.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigcarlover View Post
    Have you seen the movie, "Idiocracy?"
    Yes. The first 10 minutes are...depressingly funny...
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Justice For Zimmerman!
    If it doesn't fit, FORCE it! If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by golocx4 View Post
    I have been in bars and taverns where the same rules apply and when you have the young asswipe that is MFing this and Fbombing that in front of my wife or other women. I have the right to tell him to knock it off and if he doesn't comply a punch in the nose is totally justified. Any other man in the place just give a grin and didn't see notin.
    I would prefer to go somewhere else rather than engage the drunk. Bars are a place where all kinds of behavior might be found so I go there understanding I may have to be more tolerant.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    I would prefer to go somewhere else rather than engage the drunk. Bars are a place where all kinds of behavior might be found so I go there understanding I may have to be more tolerant.
    There does seem to be a lot of "freedom for me, but not for thee" that goes on around here.

As far as I know, swearing is no more of a legal justification for punching someone in the nose than being followed and/or contacted by a neighborhood watch member is. If vulgar words were enough justification for punching a guy out, then being called an "asswipe" for using such words would be just as much justification for them to do the same thing it would seem.

It's kind of funny too, that the justification arises out of defending the honor of his wife or "other women" in the bar or tavern, but what would happen if the vulgar language was coming from a woman? Would his wife then be obligated to defend his virgin ears and those of "other men" in the bar or tavern?

Lots of twists and turns in that post. Kinda hard to follow, but I'm a fairly "manly" man, and I've never felt obligated to follow any such code as described in it. I certainly would never refer to it as my right to impose my code for living on others who have the real, unfettered and legal right to tell me to take a hike.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Not trying to justify this but in Cowboy bars it's a whole different take on rules for men and rules for women. Where men are men and women are proud of it. Corny but true. I've had to throw men out of a bar for fighting, because of cussing in front of another Cowboy's girlfriend. While fending off his girlfriend who he was fighting with! True story.
    Cowboy Bars are a whole different varmit.
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post

Hit the nail right on the head. I'll take it a step further and spill the whole story. The generation that "grew up" in the late 60s and early 70s were this country's heaviest abusers of controlled substances and the **** must have leeched their brains because we learned it from them. They spent 20 years making excuses for their behavior, then passed the habit on to us. These hippies turned into yuppies and voted in all the idiots who attack our rights. Now the next generation is twice as bad as mine. And I come from the gangbangin 90s. Remember when you guys were bitching about us? These are the consequences of your behavior. Now I know it doesn't apply to the whole of the generation, but a big enough portion of you guys were doing it that it forever changed this nation.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesMorrison View Post
    Attachment 9910

Sent from behind enemy lines.
    Man, that's dead-on. I still have my 1962 stainless steel cap-gun action six-shooters with that little size 14 waist holster. I had cowboy boots, hat and a vest to match. We also played army with plastic helmet, M1 Carbine and 1911. Dad was always the enemy and would attack us. Scouting too! We had the standard issue Boy Scout (or Swiss Army) knife, a mess-kit with real utensils. We camped and learned to shoot pellet guns. Then there was the boys club. Run by a group of volunteer fathers, it had dodge-ball, basketball, indoor archery and an indoor range for .22 shorts. All of these things are gone. Except for my Godsons. Their dad, my best friend, who buys the kids Airsoft, slingshots, pellet guns and video games. I bought the 12-year-old a Henry Golden Boy .22 for his recent 12th birthday. They are on the dean's list every semester for good grades.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by golocx4 View Post
    Don't blame her, she is a college student that can't read. Who's fault is that?
    Rachel Jeantel is still in High School. She's not the only one adverse to script hand writing, I have encountered many adults who say they hate it, can't read it or won't read or use it.
    ...SCOTUS says we're right...You don't like it. I'm sorry you don't like it. I guess that's a problem for you. Some people don't like gays. Some don't like alcohol. Some don't like meat. ~michaelzwilliamson

Page 18 of 49 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast