The trial of George Zimmerman - Page 26
Page 26 of 49 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: The trial of George Zimmerman

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    .....All women on the jury....Trayvon's mom just testified that it was her son screaming....if it were me, I would not want to leave it to chance. Whether my burden or not, I would go for proving I was justified in pulling the trigger, or at least get as close to proving that as I possibly could....
    Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    .....The only thing that would change my bottom line, which is virtually identical to the bottom line above, is if the jury overlooks the partisan hype, emotionalism and manipulations, and follows the law. I guess we wouldn't know that for sure unless at least one agreed to be interviewed after the verdict is read, but I think even short of that happenstance, that it can be assumed that they either understood FL law on the justifiable use of force, remained adherent to the "reasonable man in fear of great bodily injury or death" doctrine, or well-understood the constitutional axiom of reasonable doubt if they come back with a not guilty verdict. At least one of those three things are present in this case (I think all three are), and any one that they determine to be factual, should lead to a not guilty verdict....
    You highlight what concerns me about all this. As you stated, Zimmerman isn't required to prove he was justified in pulling the trigger. The law states the prosecution must prove he WASN'T. The problem is, will the jury properly understand that and take it into account? I don't know how much leeway Florida allows to counsel, but it's usually the job of the judge to explain the law to the jury, not the job of counsel, so I'm not sure if Zimmerman's attorney would be able to press that point home in court. It's obviously grounds for appeal if that isn't adequately explained to the jury, but what would Zimmerman have to suffer through while awaiting such an appeal? Not a good prospect.
    Please pardon my cherry picking of quotes.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    You highlight what concerns me about all this. As you stated, Zimmerman isn't required to prove he was justified in pulling the trigger. The law states the prosecution must prove he WASN'T. The problem is, will the jury properly understand that and take it into account? I don't know how much leeway Florida allows to counsel, but it's usually the job of the judge to explain the law to the jury, not the job of counsel, so I'm not sure if Zimmerman's attorney would be able to press that point home in court. It's obviously grounds for appeal if that isn't adequately explained to the jury, but what would Zimmerman have to suffer through while awaiting such an appeal? Not a good prospect.
    Please pardon my cherry picking of quotes.
    No pardoning needed at all. It's an important aspect of this trial, especially in light of the judge's immediate denial of O'Mara's motion for Judgment of Acquittal before he even reached his chair to sit down. I am very nervous about her ability to properly and objectively instruct the jury. She has seemed openly hostile to the defense to me. Hopefully, the witness list for the defense will solve that (potential?) problem in the jury's mind no matter how the judge delivers their instructions. We'll start getting an inkling for that starting in about 12 hours from now.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Howdy BC1,

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    All they have to do is tell the story right. And pick a jury that they can spin. I'm a lousy juror. I won't bite and I won't render a verdict where I believe I've been duped.
    Welcome to Team Martin!

There's two team at play, Team George and Team Martin.

Team George has been duped into believing every word that a convicted criminal and known a proven liar says. This doesn't make any sense to me since we already know that George is a liar and will have other people to lie for him in court.

Team Martin believes that an unarmed 17yo boy did not have to die that night.

Pretty simple.

Paul
    I'm so Liberal that I work at the Bill and Hillary Clinton Regional Airport!

Quote Originally Posted by Stengun View Post
    Howdy BC1,

Welcome to Team Martin!

There's two team at play, Team George and Team Martin.

Team George has been duped into believing every word that a convicted criminal and known a proven liar says. This doesn't make any sense to me since we already know that George is a liar and will have other people to lie for him in court.

Team Martin believes that an unarmed 17yo boy did not have to die that night.

Pretty simple.

Paul
    You're really that dense to think BC1 meant that for team Martin?
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    You really have to ask him if he's dense? Have you read his posts? The only thing that shocks me more than the idiocy of what he posts here is the probability that people as dense as him may actually vote and may actually own guns. Scary.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    You really have to ask him if he's dense? Have you read his posts? The only thing that shocks me more than the idiocy of what he posts here is the probability that people as dense as him may actually vote and may actually own guns. Scary.
    Rhetorical question. I feel it's more saddening than it is scary.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Definitely not for team Martin.

Recap of today July 9, 2013

TM's marijuana use comes into play. I personally don't feel it's relevant but it's in. Now GZ takes prescription meds for ADHD. Should those be admissible? I think not. They are prescription meds taken under supervision of a doctor and should be protected by HIPAA. If he is not prohibited from carrying a weapon purely by virtue of those medications they are irrelevant.

Each side claims it's their client screaming. But no one is connecting obvious dots here. Witness number one on the scene testified he saw Martin on top. How many of us believe the guy on bottom is winning the fight while the guy on top, instead of running away, screams. And have any of us ever seen an aggressor straddling and beating the tar out of someone while screaming bloody-murder for help? Makes zero sense. The 911 call has consistent screaming up until the gunshot is heard. What can we deduce from that? First, whoever is screaming is getting beat-up or is panicked with fear for life and limb. There's a gunshot and precisely at that time the witness sees Martin on top. Unless they switched places (doubtful) the first witness' timing tells us who was the aggressor immediately before the gunshot. Set the witness statements against the timing in the 911 call between the screams and the shot. Everything before witness number one appears on the scene is pure speculation... word against word... circumstantial.

Two police officers present the first time Tracy Martin heard the 911 call testified he said it didn't sound like Tray. Now Tracy Martin says he never said that. We then must assume two police officers committed perjury for no reason... they have no stake in the outcome. They have no motive to lie.

Zimmerman's boxing coach testified that George couldn't fight his way out of a paper bag. Called him a horrible fighter. Apparently GZ can't defend himself against a physical attack very well.

In reading the text messages TM had sent out over the preceding months, Tm talks like a "gansta." If you look, act and talk like a gansta you'll be interpreted as one by the common public. TM embraced the gansta life... even the snap-in gold teeth. Nuff said. people... get hold of your kids and slap the gansta out of them. If my kid rapped I'd rap him.

This whole thing is a cluster ----. As usual the pundits have no knowledge of guns, self-defense or the street. And I sometimes wear a GLOCK hoodie at the range on a brisk day. This isn't about race. It isn't about a hoodie. It isn't about marijuana, school suspensions or GZ's grades in college. It's purely about self-defense. Judge that and that only.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Stengun is either as dumb as a post and really believes the BS he's pushing, or he's dumb as a rock and thinks that we'll believe the BS he's pushing. My apologies to posts and rocks...
    Lewis - NRA Life - Oregon Firearms Federation - National Assoc. for Gun Rights

Gun control is NOT about guns, it's about CONTROL.

Quote Originally Posted by K7lvo View Post
    Stengun is either as dumb as a post and really believes the BS he's pushing, or he's dumb as a rock and thinks that we'll believe the BS he's pushing. My apologies to posts and rocks...
    Just trying to figure out which previously banned troll Stengun is...

I used to be a government-educated stooge. By the grace of God, I repent. -Robert Burris

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by SR40c View Post
    Just trying to figure out which previously banned troll Stengun is...
    That crossed my mind too, but then I realized that all the previously banned trolls I could think of were at least smart enough not to sign their posts, "pretty simple Paul."
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Page 26 of 49 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast