The trial of George Zimmerman - Page 28
Page 28 of 49 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: The trial of George Zimmerman

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Coincidentally, I know Nancy Grace. And while she's a very nice person in real life she's brutal on her show. One night she was going-on about why GZ was carrying a gun to begin with. I wanted to say something but thought it would be hurtful. But if her fiancé was carrying a gun the night he was murdered he might be alive today. That's just a simple fact. The incident hurt her so badly that she decided to become an attorney and prosecutor.
    For some reason, I have a hard time believing that she is nice in person. Maybe without cameras around, she feels exposed and vulnerable?

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    The standard the jury must go by has nothing to do with whether or not Z's injuries turned out to be life threatening after the fact, it's about whether he had a reasonable belief at the time he pulled the trigger that subsequent blows would produce deadly injuries, or great bodily harm. That's it, man. It's not about name-calling. It's not even about who threw the first blow. It's about Zimmerman's reasonable belief at the point that he pulled the trigger. The law is so clear on this point that it's baffling to me how few even consider it in forming their view of the legal case. What you think in general about who did what, who said what, when they did it and how they said it is certainly up to each individual to determine for themselves, but the legal case must be based upon the laws surrounding use of deadly force, period. On that basis, if the judge handles her obligation to give the proper instructions on the law, and if the jury follows those proper instructions, Zimmerman walks.

Blues
    I was about to post the same thing. We can't look at it with hindsight. We can't decide the injuries weren't "that bad" so he used undue force. We must consider the situation in real-time as it unfolded. The use of force may have prevented death or a TBI. Science is only now finding out that persons suffering a TBI have life-long injuries. As a kid I fractured my skull and needed a lot of care from a fall. In 1966 they could only do an x-ray and observe the patient for signs of trouble. I developed ADD at about that same age. Some years later it was discovered that the original injury caused trauma to two areas of the brain and explained some of the cognitive functioning problems I had, like ADD. The areas of damage matched the functions that were impaired. If someone is banging your head or punching you while your head is immobilized by the ground it is a very serious situation and it must be stopped immediately.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

The fact that he never lost consciousness or needed hospital treatment really casts doubt over the defense's assertion that Zimmerman's head was being violently pounded into the concrete. It'd certainly worth being considered.

Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk HD
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    The fact that he never lost consciousness or needed hospital treatment really casts doubt over the defense's assertion that Zimmerman's head was being violently pounded into the concrete. It'd certainly worth being considered.

Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk HD
    You really should be listening to the witness on the stand right now, Dr. Vincent Di Maio. If you can't watch or listen now, the recaps tonight will be enlightening on the exact point you reference above. To be fair to yourself and the quality of understanding you are able to discern on the point, you should listen to both the direct (defense) and cross to figure out if the witness is credible. He seems to me to be very credible, maybe even the most credible witness so far.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Just a point on head injuries. When I was in High School playing football, I received a concussion when having been tackled by two linebackers. One in front and one from the side. No blood and no swelling but there none the less. Didn't know where I was for awhile and had trouble seeing for a couple of days. You don't have to have blood running out your ears to have a severe head injury and/or loss of consciousness. And if I was in that position as GZ I would have been in fear of great bodily harm and if he kept on after I passed out, death.
    Yeah, I would have shot him too.
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    "He who fights by the rules will be ruled by he who doesn't."
    ^Nice

"If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics SUCK!"
    If it doesn't fit, FORCE it! If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Diealotz View Post
    ^Nice

"If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics SUCK!"
    RULES! What rules? We don't need NO stinkin' rules!
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

Howdy,

[QUOTE=BluesStringer;448502]You really should be listening to the witness on the stand right now, Dr. Vincent Di Maio. If you can't watch or listen now, the recaps tonight will be enlightening on the exact point you reference above. To be fair to yourself and the quality of understanding you are able to discern on the point, you should listen to both the direct (defense) and cross to figure out if the witness is credible. He seems to me to be very credible, maybe even the most credible witness so far.

Blues[/QUOTE

Di Maio is a paid "expert" witness. When you pay them they give you the respite you want.

They teach that in like Day 1 of law school.

In the words of Don Henley.........

"Today I made an appearance downtown
    I am an expert witness, because I say I am
    And I said, 'Gentleman....and I use that word loosely....
    I will testify for you
    I'm a gun for hire, I'm a saint, I'm a liar
    Because there are no facts, there is no truth
    Just a data to be manipulated
    I can get any result you like
    What's it worth to ya?
    Because there is no wrong, there is no right
    And I sleep very well at night
    No shame, no solution
    No remorse, no retribution
    Just people selling T-shirts
    Just opportunity to participate in the pathetic little circus
    And winning, winning, winning'"

A very old former ME from San Antonio. Wow! They went to a lot of trouble to find this guy.

It's funny how this "expert" witness for the defense, who never examined George or Martin is right and a dozen other professional who did examine George and Martin is wrong.

Sure

Paul
    I'm so Liberal that I work at the Bill and Hillary Clinton Regional Airport!

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Stengun View Post

Di Maio is a paid "expert" witness. When you pay them they give you the respite you want.

They teach that in like Day 1 of law school.
    Ahh, so you've been to law school, have you?

A very old former ME from San Antonio. Wow! They went to a lot of trouble to find this guy.
    They actually went to very little trouble. He was cited from the witness stand in this trial by Dr. Bao, the ME who did examine Trayvon, as the preeminent expert in gunshot wounds, and stated without equivocation that he consulted Dr. Di Maio's book on the subject while he was performing the autopsy and subsequently writing his report!!!

Man! Don't you ever get tired of making a fool of yourself???

It's funny how this "expert" witness for the defense, who never examined George or Martin is right and a dozen other professional who did examine George and Martin is wrong.

Sure

Paul
    So who besides GZ's own physician's assistant examined him? And who are the other 11 (out of the "dozen") medical professionals who examined the body of TM besides Dr. Bao?

Most everyone reading your tripe has forgotten more about this case than you know even now with all the available facts being repeated daily on radio, TV, in news publications and right here on this board. You have to purposely avoid being exposed to those available facts to post with such obdurate oblivion of them. Either that, or you are as well aware of them as any of the rest of us, but have no problem consistently lying about them to push whatever agenda you brought with you when you came here. So which is it? Purposely and stubbornly avoiding the facts, or lying about what you know and understand of this case? It's one or the other, Pretty Simple Paul. Which is it?

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Zimmerman required no stitches or hospitalization. If, as many on here claim, his head was getting slammed repeatedly into the ground, wouldn't Zimmerman have lost consciousness or at least required some kind of medical attention? He required NONE! The injuries shown on Zimmerman's head are more likely the result of his head scraping the ground, but hardly anything life threatening.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Right. So you should wait to be knocked unconscious before deciding your life is at risk? Nope, not me.
    It doesn't take much of a blow to the back of the head to do serious damage.

Did you miss the testimony of the PA who treated him?
    Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.

Page 28 of 49 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast