The trial of George Zimmerman - Page 29
Page 29 of 49 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: The trial of George Zimmerman

Quote Originally Posted by MrXtramean View Post
    At the point GZ hung up the phone & was told not to pursue....
    Zimmerman was never told not to pursue. The word "pursue" was never even spoken in the 911 call. It hasn't been mentioned in court either to my knowledge. He isn't being accused of it anyway. He followed Martin, but only to the extent needed to maintain sight of him, not to confront. That's what a neighborhood watch does, maintain sight and report. And he wasn't told not to follow either. He was simply informed that is wasn't necessary for him to do so. Read the transcript of the 911 call. It's been available for a very long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Zimmerman required no stitches or hospitalization. If, as many on here claim, his head was getting slammed repeatedly into the ground, wouldn't Zimmerman have lost consciousness or at least required some kind of medical attention? He required NONE! The injuries shown on Zimmerman's head are more likely the result of his head scraping the ground, but hardly anything life threatening.
    You obviously know very little about head wounds. People die from blows to the head without ever spilling a drop of blood. And an after the fact analysis of the wounds means nothing anyway. All that matters is the perceived threat that Zimmerman felt at the time. Somebody can raise a baseball bat over your head and you can shoot them in self defense even though you have received no physical injury whatsoever. That's because you perceived a threat to your life, and no physical injury is necessary for that to be the case. If someone is pounding your head into a concrete sidewalk, you don't wait until the injuries become more severe before you defend yourself. That would make you dead, permanently crippled or at the very least one of the biggest idiots to ever walk the face of the earth.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

Quote Originally Posted by kerb View Post
    Right. So you should wait to be knocked unconscious before deciding your life is at risk? Nope, not me.
    It doesn't take much of a blow to the back of the head to do serious damage.

Did you miss the testimony of the PA who treated him?
    No, not saying that at all. He should have fought back.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by MrXtramean View Post
    At the point GZ hung up the phone & was told not to pursue, TM had already moved away. GZ pursued. As far as who struck who first is not a fact we can prove. We can only look at phone conversations & at witnesses. That is all. Past history can play into swaying judgment, but and again, motive &intent in the heat of the moment.
    "Following" somebody is not engaging them. Secondly, it's already been established who "engaged" who. By all means, stick to the media's pipe dream. Not one of those pipe dreams have been proven in court.

I used to be a government-educated stooge. By the grace of God, I repent. -Robert Burris

And I don't buy this theory that Zimmerman's head was being pounded into the sidewalk. If it had, he would've lost consciousness.

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Blog Entries

I honestly don't think he had either the knowhow or the physical ability to.
    I don't know if you've ever had someone on top of you in full mount, but it can be a very difficult position to get out of.
    Even if you are in shape and know what you are doing.
    Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.

Quote Originally Posted by kerb View Post
    Right. So you should wait to be knocked unconscious before deciding your life is at risk? Nope, not me.
    It doesn't take much of a blow to the back of the head to do serious damage.

Did you miss the testimony of the PA who treated him?
    Actually you have to wait till you die so you know it's really deadly force before you defend yourself.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    For some reason, I have a hard time believing that she is nice in person. Maybe without cameras around, she feels exposed and vulnerable?
    Yup, a very nice lady indeed.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

And I don't buy this theory that Zimmerman's head was being pounded into the sidewalk. If it had, he would've lost consciousness.

Fractured my skull as a kid and didn't lose consciousness.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    You obviously know very little about head wounds.... ....If someone is pounding your head into a concrete sidewalk, you don't wait until the injuries become more severe before you defend yourself....
    Just a quick anecdote that relates to closed head wounds that can (and often do) kill:

November 11, 1972, a motorcyclist was traveling through town in Macon, GA when a city bus and he collided as the bus was merging into his lane. The biker's head struck the side of the bus with a glancing contact that didn't even leave an abrasion on his head. His bike went down, as did he, but suffered no injuries in the fall and did not suffer any other blows to his head. A friend was following behind the biker when the accident happened, and they loaded the scooter in the back of the friend's pickup together and headed back to the ranch from whence they had come. The biker assured everyone back at the house that he was fine, including his wife, the friend and several of his business partners who lived there with him. Less than an hour later, the biker started acting weird, and his strange movements and unintelligible utterances quickly progressed to screams of pain and bodily convulsions. He died in the hospital less than an hour after he presented with those symptoms. He had a closed brain trauma caused by his brain accelerating to the side within his skull, decelerating when it hit his skull, and hyper-accelerating in the opposite direction, "bouncing" away from the impact site. It took less than an hour for his brain to start swelling within his skull before he started presenting symptoms of a brain injury, and back in '72, even the emergency room doctor(s) had no clue what was going on with him. By the way, he was wearing a government-mandated helmet, which obviously did not protect him from exactly the kind of injury helmets are ostensibly designed to protect against, but I digress....

The biker's name was Berry Oakley. He was the original bass player for The Allman Brothers Band, and the account of his death has been public knowledge since within days of the events described above. The friend whose pickup truck they loaded his bike in was Joseph "Red Dog" Campbell, my life-long friend since I was 14, who succumbed to cancer on February 21, 2011, also in Macon, GA. I have heard the story I just described first-hand from Red Dog many times over the years, and he and Gregg Allman have both written about it in their respective autobiographical books. Brother Berry didn't have a mark on his head and yet he died in less than two hours after what even Red Dog thought was a very minor accident.

It would not have been a good idea for Zimmerman to have waited for the next slam against the concrete. Anyone who thinks the law demands that of any victim of a beating to the head, doesn't know the law, and definitely doesn't understand the phrase "deadly force." All of the evidence points to Zimmerman responding to deadly force with deadly force, period.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Quote Originally Posted by Stengun View Post
    Howdy,

Di Maio is a paid "expert" witness. When you pay them they give you the respite you want.

They teach that in like Day 1 of law school.

A very old former ME from San Antonio. Wow! They went to a lot of trouble to find this guy.

It's funny how this "expert" witness for the defense, who never examined George or Martin is right and a dozen other professional who did examine George and Martin is wrong.

Sure

Paul
    Don Henley? C'mon. Here's the rub...

Di Maio has written eight books and 88 peer-reviewed articles on gunshot wounds. He's performed over 9,000 autopsy's. You don't get that experience from a 35-year-old. He's world-known as the preeminent expert on the subject. The prosecution's ME even referenced his books during direct examination. I take exception that one is so slanted to think every expert witness has an agenda. This guy needs neither fame nor money. He isn't being bought.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Page 29 of 49 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast