The trial of George Zimmerman - Page 3
Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 483

Thread: The trial of George Zimmerman

  1. #21
    I will not go out of my way to keep up on the trial. From all I have seen and heard, Zimmerman should not be charged with anything. But I fully expect that the "anti-gun" libs will do all they can to make sure he is found guilty. Then they can use this as an example to ban Conceal Carry. The anti-gun nuts are rabid about this case and they will pull out ALL stops to convict Zimmerman. I expect they will try to intimidate the jurors so they will convict no matter what the evidence is. I hope and pray that I am wrong!

  2.   
  3. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Southwest Idaho
    Posts
    282
    Quote Originally Posted by yuppor View Post
    yes, but it SHOULDN'T. what a farce that is! If that fool Zimmerman had gotten his gun out sooner, he'd not be facing a trial, cause Martin would have had no choice but to back down. Ditto if he'd known a decent amount of hand to hand fighting. I can't even imagine any untrained punk getting on top of me! :-)
    Not all of us are super heros like you. That is why we carry equalizers.

  4. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by vernsimpson View Post
    I will not go out of my way to keep up on the trial. From all I have seen and heard, Zimmerman should not be charged with anything. But I fully expect that the "anti-gun" libs will do all they can to make sure he is found guilty. Then they can use this as an example to ban Conceal Carry. The anti-gun nuts are rabid about this case and they will pull out ALL stops to convict Zimmerman. I expect they will try to intimidate the jurors so they will convict no matter what the evidence is. I hope and pray that I am wrong!
    Vern, I'm in complete agreement with you on all the above. I too, hope that we are both wrong about that conviction.
    Samuel Colt did more for equality in America than any civil rights activist.

  5. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post
    I am a neighborhood watch captain. To your point about patrols, when our watch was set up and representatives from our PD came to brief us on the process, they emphasized the need for safety patrols in addition to people observing from their homes. However, they also emphasized 1) that IF it became necessary to follow someone, that we did so at a distance, keeping our surroundings in mind at all times, and 2) that we not initiate contact with the suspicious individual. If following could be done from the safety of a vehicle, then that was the absolute best approach. But following up alleys, between homes, etc., was not encouraged. Above all, following law enforcement instructions was paramount. If LEOs believed they had enough information and advised us to break off surveillance, then that is what we are to do. There HAVE been some instances in which I have been asked by LEOs to maintain surveillance as long as I could do so discreetly and from a safe distance.

    Mr. Zimmerman has my sympathies that he finds himself in this situation, but I still maintain that if he had followed the instructions he received from 911, stayed in his vehicle, and broke off surveilling Martin when he was explicitly told that they didn't need him following the young man, Martin would probably still be alive, Zimmerman wouldn't be fighting for his freedom, and Sharpton and Co. wouldn't have this ammunition to use against the rest of us. I believe Zimmerman is an excellent example of what NOT to do.
    You mean to say Mr. Z has your sympathies that he put himself in this situation.
    .
    I always tell people to contact their attorney, tell him you're going to join a watch program. You have no insurance, no training, no experience, no education, no security license, no indemnification by he HOA. You intend to follow people as part of the watch. Tell me what his advises.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  6. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Outlaw View Post
    My thoughts??

    1) How would I handle a "Zimmerman"?
    What is "a Zimmerman"...Is 'A Zimmerman' some kind of wild beast??

    2) What would I say to "An over-zealous neighborhood watch guy"?
    Seems to me that you have allready convicted Mr. Zimmerman of being 'Over-Zealous' by the way you are wording things in a pretty biased manner imvho.

    3) What would "My reaction be if someone was following me"?
    Well, for starters I would not physically attack him and start bashing his brains into the concrete without just cause. It's not illegal for someone to 'follow' you out in public is it??

    My thoughts you ask??
    My thoughts are this.......

    Zimmerman screwed up by getting out of his car (which is still not illegal).

    Treyvon really screwed up by 'illegally assaulting' (a law abiding citizen) with unjustified deadly force when he punched said citizen in the face and then began violently smashing the law abiding citizens head/skull/brains into the concrete. The armed (Law Abiding) citizen then clearly feared for his own life (rightly so) and shot his attacker (Treyvon) in self-defense.

    Treyvon is now worm food because he played a very stupid game and he won a very stupid prize.

    In conclusion, we have one less idiot in this world (Treyvon) and we have the victim of a deadly assault (Zimmerman) unjustly facing hard time in prison and a forever ruined personal life because of political correctness run amock.

    Now please tell us 'your thoughts' sir...

    If someone punched you in the face, overpowered you and then began smashing your brains into the concrete (and you were armed) wouldn't you shoot your attacker in self-defense? Or would you simply let your attacker continue his violent assault against you?
    I don't think TM would have been able to do that to me, so the idea of using lethal force is moot. I do think Z was overzealous. And while there is no law against being overzealous it can have consequences. I think if he could do it over again Z would rethink the whole neighborhood watch thing too. And if guests to my home complained about being followed, the HOA would have me to deal with. His watchman days would be over.
    .
    Is he guilty? I have no idea. No one here has any idea what happened that night.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  7. #26
    ezkl2230 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    I assume you listened to the 911 call correct?

    He did listen to the operator. He didn't leave his vehicle until he told the operator that trayvon ran out of sight. The operator asked if Zimmerman could still see him, to which Zimmerman then got out of his car and said again no he ran out of sight. THEN the operator asked if Zimmerman got out of his vehicle. When Zimmerman said yes, it was suggested that Zimmerman not need to do that and police will be there shortly. Zimmerman said OKAY and as far as I'm concerned, he started back to his vehicle just like he said he did.

    I'm not sure why so many people think Zimmerman got out off his vehicle after he was suggested not to. That is clearly not the case. I'm also not sure why people think he didn't follow operators suggestion, when he was.

    Unless of course, you didn't listen to the call. Then you wouldn't have known that...in which case how can you judge him without the evidence?
    I have both listened to the call many times, and I have a time-stamped transcript of the call. And as much as you would like to interpret it this way, at no time did dispatch ever ask Zimmerman to do anything more than OBSERVE AND REPORT. Those two words are absolutely hammered into you during neighborhood watch training. Observe and Report, but do not follow, and NEVER approach. Those are the cardinal rules of neighborhood watch - something Zimmerman should have known if he actually ever went through neighborhood watch training. All dispatch ever asked him to do was inform them of his observations. In fact, when they began to suspect at 2:24 that Zimmerman is actually following Martin, not just observing him, the following exchange takes place:

    911 dispatcher:

    Are you following him? [2:24]

    Zimmerman:

    Yeah. [2:25]

    911 dispatcher:

    OK.

    We don’t need you to do that. [2:26]

    Zimmerman:

    OK. [2:28]
    He is explicitly informed that they do not want him to follow Martin.

    The only other previous requests Zimmerman received from dispatch are, "Let me know if he does anything, OK?" (approx 1:21), and a few seconds later, "We’ve got him (Zimmerman) on the wire. Just let me know if this guy (Martin) does anything else." At NO TIME during the 4:07 call did dispatch EVER ask him to trail or follow Martin.

  8. #27

    The trial of George Zimmerman

    What's most interesting about this case is the denial from the court to enter TM's character evidence in the whole thing. I'm not condoning GZ's actions, nor am I wishing to convict him. I think the Judge and the prosecution has, however, set him up for conviction due to the exclusion of character evidence. They are not allowing Facebook posts indicating that TM was a recreational drug user, nor the picture that he took with a firearm. They are excluding his suspension from school for fighting from the case. All things that would show that he was not the "good boy" that everyone claims he was.

    The younger generation is quick to solve problems physically. They have never learned self control or respect, or the idea that there are other people who demand respect. They throw around the idea of respect demanding it without fully understanding its principles. I can picture the event in my head. TM probably felt disrespected, GZ didn't handle it like a prudent individual. Now TM is dead. Both parties are at fault here, however, do I think GZ is guilty of murder no.

    I'll probably catch the highlights in the evenings until I can stand no more.
    Guns.??? What Guns???

  9. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sepra Peratus/Arkansas
    Posts
    1,638
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Outlaw View Post
    My thoughts??

    1) How would I handle a "Zimmerman"?
    What is "a Zimmerman"...Is 'A Zimmerman' some kind of wild beast??

    2) What would I say to "An over-zealous neighborhood watch guy"?
    Seems to me that you have allready convicted Mr. Zimmerman of being 'Over-Zealous' by the way you are wording things in a pretty biased manner imvho.

    3) What would "My reaction be if someone was following me"?
    Well, for starters I would not physically attack him and start bashing his brains into the concrete without just cause. It's not illegal for someone to 'follow' you out in public is it??

    My thoughts you ask??
    My thoughts are this.......

    Zimmerman screwed up by getting out of his car (which is still not illegal).

    Treyvon really screwed up by 'illegally assaulting' (a law abiding citizen) with unjustified deadly force when he punched said citizen in the face and then began violently smashing the law abiding citizens head/skull/brains into the concrete. The armed (Law Abiding) citizen then clearly feared for his own life (rightly so) and shot his attacker (Treyvon) in self-defense.

    Treyvon is now worm food because he played a very stupid game and he won a very stupid prize.

    In conclusion, we have one less idiot in this world (Treyvon) and we have the victim of a deadly assault (Zimmerman) unjustly facing hard time in prison and a forever ruined personal life because of political correctness run amok.

    Now please tell us 'your thoughts' sir...

    If someone punched you in the face, overpowered you and then began smashing your brains into the concrete (and you were armed) wouldn't you shoot your attacker in self-defense? Or would you simply let your attacker continue his violent assault against you?
    This is Disparity of Force and lethal force is justified to stop the deadly threat to life. imo YMMV
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

  10. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalamity023 View Post
    What's most interesting about this case is the denial from the court to enter TM's character evidence in the whole thing. I'm not condoning GZ's actions, nor am I wishing to convict him. I think the Judge and the prosecution has, however, set him up for conviction due to the exclusion of character evidence. They are not allowing Facebook posts indicating that TM was a recreational drug user, nor the picture that he took with a firearm. They are excluding his suspension from school for fighting from the case. All things that would show that he was not the "good boy" that everyone claims he was.

    The younger generation is quick to solve problems physically. They have never learned self control or respect, or the idea that there are other people who demand respect. They throw around the idea of respect demanding it without fully understanding its principles. I can picture the event in my head. TM probably felt disrespected, GZ didn't handle it like a prudent individual. Now TM is dead. Both parties are at fault here, however, do I think GZ is guilty of murder no.

    I'll probably catch the highlights in the evenings until I can stand no more.
    I don't think the character evidence has any bearing on the case. It is the job of the judge to ensure a fair trial for all parties. Recreational drug use will get into the trial as TM had MaryJane in his blood stream and the autopsy findings are admitted. But as a juror that wouldn't sway me. If anything, pot makes one mellower. I can't make a connection between recreational pot use and violence. The photo also has no bearing. There is nothing illegal about him having a photo taken with a firearm. It doesn't mean he's good or bad. I do think the fighting should be allowed-in as it goes to TM's general behavior when he feels provoked
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  11. #30
    When Posting the transcript, Posting it all lets us see that Mr. Zimmerman stopped following Mr. Martin.

    Dispatcher: Sanford Police Department. ...
    Zimmerman: Hey we've had some break-ins in my neighborhood, and there's a
    real suspicious guy, uh, [near] Retreat View Circle, um, the best address I can
    give you is 111 Retreat View Circle. This guy looks like he's up to no good, or
    he's on drugs or something. It's raining and he's just walking around, looking
    about.
    Dispatcher: OK, and this guy is he white, black, or Hispanic?
    Zimmerman: He looks black.
    Dispatcher: Did you see what he was wearing?
    Zimmerman: Yeah. A dark hoodie, like a grey hoodie, and either jeans or
    sweatpants and white tennis shoes. He's [unintelligible], he was just staring...
    Dispatcher: OK, he's just walking around the area...
    Zimmerman: ...looking at all the houses.
    Dispatcher: OK...
    Zimmerman: Now he's just staring at me.
    Dispatcher: OKóyou said it's 1111 Retreat View? Or 111?
    Zimmerman: That's the clubhouse...
    Dispatcher: That's the clubhouse, do you know what theóhe's near the
    clubhouse right now?
    Zimmerman: Yeah, now he's coming towards me.
    Dispatcher: OK.
    Zimmerman: He's got his hand in his waistband. And he's a black male.
    Z
    Dispatcher: How old would you say he looks?
    Zimmerman: He's got button on his shirt, late teens.
    Dispatcher: Late teens ok.
    Zimmerman: Somethings wrong with him. Yup, he's coming to check me out, he's got
    something in his hands, I don't know what his deal is.
    Dispatcher: Just let me know if he does anything ok
    Zimmerman: How long until you get an officer over here?
    Dispatcher: Yeah we've got someone on the way, just let me know if this guy does
    anything else.
    Zimmerman: Okay. These ******** they always get away. When you come to the
    clubhouse you come straight in and make a left. Actually you would go past the
    clubhouse.
    Dispatcher: So it's on the lefthand side from the clubhouse?
    Zimmerman: No you go in straight through the entrance and then you make a left...uh
    you go straight in, don't turn, and make a left. **** he's running.
    Dispatcher: He's running? Which way is he running?
    Zimmerman: Down towards the other entrance to the neighborhood.
    Dispatcher: Which entrance is that that he's heading towards?
    Zimmerman: The back entrance...******* [unintelligible]
    Dispatcher: Are you following him?
    Zimmerman: Yeah
    Dispatcher: Ok, we don't need you to do that.
    Zimmerman: Ok
    Dispatcher: Alright sir what is your name?
    Zimmerman: George...He ran.
    Dispatcher: Alright George what's your last name?
    Zimmerman: Zimmerman
    Dispatcher: And George what's the phone number you're calling from?
    Zimmerman: [redacted by
    Mother Jones
    ]
    Dispatcher: Alright George we do have them on the way, do you want to meet with the
    officer when they get out there?
    Zimmerman: Alright, where you going to meet with them at?
    Zimmerman: If they come in through the gate, tell them to go straight past the
    club house, and uh, straight past the club house and make a left, and then they
    go past the mailboxes, thatís my truck...[unintelligible]
    Dispatcher: What address are you parked in front of?
    Zimmerman: I donít know, itís a cut through so I donít know the address.
    Dispatcher: Okay do you live in the area?
    Zimmerman: Yeah, I...[unintelligible]
    Dispatcher: Whatís your apartment number?
    Zimmerman: Itís a home itís 1950, oh crap I donít want to give it all out, I donít
    know where this kid is.
    Dispatcher: Okay do you want to just meet with them right near the mailboxes
    then?
    Zimmerman: Yeah thatís fine.
    Dispatcher: Alright George, Iíll let them know to meet you around there okay?
    Zimmerman: Actually could you have them call me and Iíll tell them where Iím at?
    Dispatcher: Okay, yeah thatís no problem.
    Zimmerman: Should I give you my number or you got it?
    Dispatcher: Yeah I got it [redacted by
    Mother Jones
    ]
    Zimmerman: Yeah you got it.
    Dispatcher: Okay no problem, Iíll let them know to call you when youíre in the
    area.
    Zimmerman: Thanks.
    Dispatcher: Youíre welcome.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast