The trial of George Zimmerman - Page 30
Page 30 of 49 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: The trial of George Zimmerman

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    And I don't buy this theory that Zimmerman's head was being pounded into the sidewalk. If it had, he would've lost consciousness.
    Thank you for proving what I said previously. You obviously know very little about head wounds. Although after this comment I should probably change "very little" to "extremely little" since you think everyone who gets hit in the head gets knocked out.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    And I don't buy this theory that Zimmerman's head was being pounded into the sidewalk. If it had, he would've lost consciousness.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Which could have happened, which may be why Zimmerman chose to do something to make it stop.
    ...SCOTUS says we're right...You don't like it. I'm sorry you don't like it. I guess that's a problem for you. Some people don't like gays. Some don't like alcohol. Some don't like meat. ~michaelzwilliamson

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    I don't know where to find a video of it off the top of my head, but there was an after-hours series of hearings after the jury left for the day around 4:30 (EST) that I watched on a live stream, and man! The fireworks were flying at the end around 10:00 PM.

Seems the prosecution had a "bin file" from Trayvon's cell phone. I guess it's akin to a Windows Trash Bin, where deleted files go(?). Trayvon had installed an app that was a heavy-encryption, password-protected file protection piece of software. Oh, the software also hid the files so that only someone with the password could see or access the directory where the encrypted files were stored. They remained invisible without the password.

9,000+ texts and thousands of pictures were deleted from his phone, but after FDLE slaved over the task for almost a year, the password was cracked, or the encryption defeated, whatever, and the deleted files were made visible just as though they'd never been deleted. The texts included messages from Trayvon to multiple recipients to tell them about the amateur MMA fighting he'd gotten involved in, with one particular exchange having him explaining how he'd lost the first round of a fight because he screwed up and let the opponent mount him and he got his ass kicked pretty good without being in a good position to defend himself. Sound familiar? It gets better. He then went on to say that he came out in the second round and instead of squaring off against his opponent and working his way in with jabs and kicks, he charged the guy and landed a left hook right to his nose before the guy was set. This fight, or at least the texts, happened about two weeks before he went to Sanford with his pop. Seems he learned his first-round lesson well, and implemented his second-round strategy before he had to repeat another ass-kickin'.

So the fireworks come when West, of the defense team, wants the bulk of what they found in the bin file admitted into evidence and his expert certified to testify tomorrow (Wed.). West and Nelson (the judge) started verbally sparring over the legal details, which to this observer, it seemed West had the better argument, but Nelson basically recessed the court without warning and told everybody to be back at 8:00 in the morning over protestations from literally every lawyer in the room while West never broke cadence as he continued to deliver his argument. I thought an MMA fight was going to break out right then and there! HA!

If you're a serious court-watcher, you have to find the clip of about the last 15 minutes or half an hour of hearing arguments tonight. The last hour or so was very interesting as they revealed what all was in the bin file (tons of unrelated and some related stuff), but also the defense getting very animated in talking about the state's misconduct in not sharing the bin file with them until June 4th, while the pre-trial hearings were going on, and while they were prepping for jury selection, which combined to make it impossible for the defense to scrutinize the files, hire the right expert to present whatever they could glean from it to the jury, interview and call witnesses who were on the other end of the texts etc., all before the start of trial. The state had the file cracked in January. Apparently the judge had already made a date for after the end of the trial for a misconduct hearing on that issue against the state.

As much as I believe that this trial should have never happened, it has been both the most interesting train wreck and most interesting legal battles that I've seen in a long time.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Lewis - NRA Life - Oregon Firearms Federation - National Assoc. for Gun Rights

Gun control is NOT about guns, it's about CONTROL.

Everyone who is to Lazy to read and or listen to the 911 Transcript continues to perpetuate an incorrect story.
    I sat and listened to my own wife tell our Daughter the story... INCORRECTLY. Thank God the real Jury has the story and timeline in the correct order.
    Today is Wednesday, July 10th. I look for a verdict tomorrow if it goes to the Jury today.

I feel Mr. Zimmerman will be vindicated.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    I don't know where to find a video of it off the top of my head, but there was an after-hours series of hearings after the jury left for the day around 4:30 (EST) that I watched on a live stream, and man! The fireworks were flying at the end around 10:00 PM.

Seems the prosecution had a "bin file" from Trayvon's cell phone. I guess it's akin to a Windows Trash Bin, where deleted files go(?). Trayvon had installed an app that was a heavy-encryption, password-protected file protection piece of software. Oh, the software also hid the files so that only someone with the password could see or access the directory where the encrypted files were stored. They remained invisible without the password.

9,000+ texts and thousands of pictures were deleted from his phone, but after FDLE slaved over the task for almost a year, the password was cracked, or the encryption defeated, whatever, and the deleted files were made visible just as though they'd never been deleted. The texts included messages from Trayvon to multiple recipients to tell them about the amateur MMA fighting he'd gotten involved in, with one particular exchange having him explaining how he'd lost the first round of a fight because he screwed up and let the opponent mount him and he got his ass kicked pretty good without being in a good position to defend himself. Sound familiar? It gets better. He then went on to say that he came out in the second round and instead of squaring off against his opponent and working his way in with jabs and kicks, he charged the guy and landed a left hook right to his nose before the guy was set. This fight, or at least the texts, happened about two weeks before he went to Sanford with his pop. Seems he learned his first-round lesson well, and implemented his second-round strategy before he had to repeat another ass-kickin'.

So the fireworks come when West, of the defense team, wants the bulk of what they found in the bin file admitted into evidence and his expert certified to testify tomorrow (Wed.). West and Nelson (the judge) started verbally sparring over the legal details, which to this observer, it seemed West had the better argument, but Nelson basically recessed the court without warning and told everybody to be back at 8:00 in the morning over protestations from literally every lawyer in the room while West never broke cadence as he continued to deliver his argument. I thought an MMA fight was going to break out right then and there! HA!

If you're a serious court-watcher, you have to find the clip of about the last 15 minutes or half an hour of hearing arguments tonight. The last hour or so was very interesting as they revealed what all was in the bin file (tons of unrelated and some related stuff), but also the defense getting very animated in talking about the state's misconduct in not sharing the bin file with them until June 4th, while the pre-trial hearings were going on, and while they were prepping for jury selection, which combined to make it impossible for the defense to scrutinize the files, hire the right expert to present whatever they could glean from it to the jury, interview and call witnesses who were on the other end of the texts etc., all before the start of trial. The state had the file cracked in January. Apparently the judge had already made a date for after the end of the trial for a misconduct hearing on that issue against the state.

As much as I believe that this trial should have never happened, it has been both the most interesting train wreck and most interesting legal battles that I've seen in a long time.

Blues
    Interesting! Saw this on the news this morning. Of course the main stream media failed to mention the phone, deleted files or anything that would damage Little Skittles sweet boy street cred LOL
    If it doesn't fit, FORCE it! If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway.

I have been watching the Zimmerman trial off & on.
    It's going the way of Zimmerman and the Prosecution is helping.

You know the old saying -- "A drowning man will grab at staws to stay afloat"
    That is what the Prosecuton is doing and its noticeable.
    Unless something 'Powerful' come to light and to the jury-----Zimmerman is walking.
    NRA LIFE/ENDOWMENT MEMBER - 1975 Passed-NYS Conservation Firearms Safety Instructor.
    LIFE MEMBER- VIETNAM VETERANS OF AMERICA
    U.S. NAVY SEAWOLVES- VIETNAM 69/70

I also hope the text files are presented.on a slight tangent I am so hating on nancy grace and her statements on how dumb it is to carry a gun while walking your dog (or running to the grocery store).

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by K7lvo View Post
    Thanks man. I found another one that includes that segment, but it also shows more of the arguments leading up to Nelson's hissy fit. In this 16 minute clip, West reveals all the malfeasance going on by the prosecution over discovery issues, and the bin file seems to be at the heart of it.

http://youtu.be/k1Zw-NjAz-I

Also this morning comes news from several sources that Tracy Martin (dad) and Trayvon have text message exchanges in that bin file discussing buying and selling guns. I haven't seen any transcripts yet, so I am withholding judgment at this point, because if Tracy is just talking about himself buying and selling with his 17 year old son, that doesn't seem significant to me. But if Tracy is discussing how Trayvon could go about acquiring a gun, or talking about how Trayvon could have a little black market enterprise buying and selling on the streets, to me, the defense should be able to show Martin's propensity for criminal and potentially violent behavior. Anyway, check out the link and decide for yourselves.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gejoslin View Post
    Just a point on head injuries. When I was in High School playing football, I received a concussion when having been tackled by two linebackers. One in front and one from the side. No blood and no swelling but there none the less. Didn't know where I was for awhile and had trouble seeing for a couple of days. You don't have to have blood running out your ears to have a severe head injury and/or loss of consciousness. And if I was in that position as GZ I would have been in fear of great bodily harm and if he kept on after I passed out, death.
    Yeah, I would have shot him too.
    Been there! I took a knee to the back of my helmet from a 300 lb tackle my junior year and couldn't even form words much less walk in a straight line. My coach put me back in after shining lights in my eyes for a few downs. Not sure what he was trying to do to me but I ended up in the hospital after the game. When I took my helmet off my head just bobbled and I couldn't even sit up.

Page 30 of 49 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast