The trial of George Zimmerman - Page 31
Page 31 of 49 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: The trial of George Zimmerman

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"
    *Judge "Walks Out" On Zimmerman's Defense Team*

Awkward: Judge Walks Out on Zimmerman Defense Lawyer During Heated Late-Night Session | Video | TheBlaze.com

God forbid that she might miss out on a little bit of beauty sleep or the latest episode of Housewives of New Jersey....

We are only talking about a man's life, freedom, family & future hanging in the balance!

I would not trust this asinine judge to properly flip my burger at McDonald's, let alone rule in a case like this one.
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

Quote Originally Posted by Stengun View Post
    Howdy,

Di Maio is a paid "expert" witness. When you pay them they give you the respite you want.

They teach that in like Day 1 of law school.

Paul
    The good doctor charged $2,400. That's less than the average expert witness in a medical mal case.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    Thanks man. I found another one that includes that segment, but it also shows more of the arguments leading up to Nelson's hissy fit. In this 16 minute clip, West reveals all the malfeasance going on by the prosecution over discovery issues, and the bin file seems to be at the heart of it.

http://youtu.be/k1Zw-NjAz-I

Also this morning comes news from several sources that Tracy Martin (dad) and Trayvon have text message exchanges in that bin file discussing buying and selling guns. I haven't seen any transcripts yet, so I am withholding judgment at this point, because if Tracy is just talking about himself buying and selling with his 17 year old son, that doesn't seem significant to me. But if Tracy is discussing how Trayvon could go about acquiring a gun, or talking about how Trayvon could have a little black market enterprise buying and selling on the streets, to me, the defense should be able to show Martin's propensity for criminal and potentially violent behavior. Anyway, check out the link and decide for yourselves.

Blues
    The court determined the texts will be inadmissible. That's too bad because they show TM's state of mind.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by The_Outlaw View Post
    *Judge "Walks Out" On Zimmerman's Defense Team*

Awkward: Judge Walks Out on Zimmerman Defense Lawyer During Heated Late-Night Session | Video | TheBlaze.com

God forbid that she might miss out on a little bit of beauty sleep or the latest episode of Housewives of New Jersey....

We are only talking about a man's life, freedom, family & future hanging in the balance!

I would not trust this asinine judge to properly flip my burger at McDonald's, let alone rule in a case like this one.
    Beauty sleep? She looks like forty miles of bad road. She could sleep like Rip Van Winkle and it wouldn't help. I heard she walked through the jail with a pocket-full-o-pardons and didn't get a look.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    The court determined the texts will be inadmissible. That's too bad because they show TM's state of mind.
    Agree completely. Her rationale for excluding the evidence had nothing to do with relevance, but with authenticating the texts as those of Tryavon, her assertion being that "...even a 7-year-old could get through that security software. It happens all the time!" West's response? "It took FDLE almost a year to get through it!" Did you watch the end-of-session video I linked to? It's all there. But I've got a theory about what this is really all about....

West got exasperated as he realized she was close to sustaining the prosecution's objection to admissibility, and started putting on the open record all the malfeasance they have engaged in surrounding discovery of the bin file. Instead of ruling then while tempers were flaring, Nelson simply recessed and walked out as West was still speaking, as were most everyone else in the room at that point. Then she comes in this morning and, without further argument (which West was never informed were over, nor did he ever acknowledge as being complete), she sustains the objection on the grounds that admissibility was controlled by some code section that was part of West's proffer, but she completely ignored West's argument(s) that included both Florida and US Supreme Court rulings that were very on-point in this amateur observer's opinion. When he demanded that she rule on those citations, she just cavalierly stated that the objection was sustained even in light of the rulings West was referring to. The end.

Now, if Zimmerman is convicted, that ruling right there is going to be grounds for reversal I think, but that's not really relevant because the judge and everybody else likely sees a short deliberation and acquittal coming down the pike. So what's up with Nelson not even addressing the FL and US SC rulings before tossing them? Simple. Her job at this point isn't to achieve "justice" for anybody. Her job is to do what she can to save face for the state of Florida. She shut 'em down last night right as the state's misconduct was being brought to light in public for the first time, and she shut down further arguments immediately upon taking the bench this morning, knowing that West would've just picked up where he left off. The defense didn't get that bin file until June 4, six months after the FDLE had cracked the security software that Trayvon had to actively install, learn how to use, and remain adherent to using in order to hide the thousands of files that were hidden within it. Defense hasn't had time to depose those who cracked the security, or to adequately prepare their own witness(es) to testify on their relevance, and there are tons of presumably relevant files in there, at least on the state of mind issue you alluded to, BC, but also on the MMA training/fighting issue. He had the ability to overpower the older, bigger guy, and those texts, and maybe the pictures to, shows evidence of that, if not proving it outright.

Nelson has either chosen sides herself, or been pressured by anyone from Angela Corey to Eric Holder to Barack Hussein Obama. If that isn't a judge with a fire-breathing dragon breathing down her neck, then she's in the throes of the worst menopausal departure from reality in the history of history!

She should be disbarred for the way she has conducted this trial.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Agree completely. Her rationale for excluding the evidence had nothing to do with relevance, but with authenticating the texts as those of Tryavon, her assertion being that "...even a 7-year-old could get through that security software. It happens all the time!" West's response? "It took FDLE almost a year to get through it!" Did you watch the end-of-session video I linked to? It's all there. But I've got a theory about what this is really all about....

West got exasperated as he realized she was close to sustaining the prosecution's objection to admissibility, and started putting on the open record all the malfeasance they have engaged in surrounding discovery of the bin file. Instead of ruling then while tempers were flaring, Nelson simply recessed and walked out as West was still speaking, as were most everyone else in the room at that point. Then she comes in this morning and, without further argument (which West was never informed were over, nor did he ever acknowledge as being complete), she sustains the objection on the grounds that admissibility was controlled by some code section that was part of West's proffer, but she completely ignored West's argument(s) that included both Florida and US Supreme Court rulings that were very on-point in this amateur observer's opinion. When he demanded that she rule on those citations, she just cavalierly stated that the objection was sustained even in light of the rulings West was referring to. The end.

Now, if Zimmerman is convicted, that ruling right there is going to be grounds for reversal I think, but that's not really relevant because the judge and everybody else likely sees a short deliberation and acquittal coming down the pike. So what's up with Nelson not even addressing the FL and US SC rulings before tossing them? Simple. Her job at this point isn't to achieve "justice" for anybody. Her job is to do what she can to save face for the state of Florida. She shut 'em down last night right as the state's misconduct was being brought to light in public for the first time, and she shut down further arguments immediately upon taking the bench this morning, knowing that West would've just picked up where he left off. The defense didn't get that bin file until June 4, six months after the FDLE had cracked the security software that Trayvon had to actively install, learn how to use, and remain adherent to using in order to hide the thousands of files that were hidden within it. Defense hasn't had time to depose those who cracked the security, or to adequately prepare their own witness(es) to testify on their relevance, and there are tons of presumably relevant files in there, at least on the state of mind issue you alluded to, BC, but also on the MMA training/fighting issue. He had the ability to overpower the older, bigger guy, and those texts, and maybe the pictures to, shows evidence of that, if not proving it outright.

Nelson has either chosen sides herself, or been pressured by anyone from Angela Corey to Eric Holder to Barack Hussein Obama. If that isn't a judge with a fire-breathing dragon breathing down her neck, then she's in the throes of the worst menopausal departure from reality in the history of history!

She should be disbarred for the way she has conducted this trial.

Blues
    The judge's concern right now is how she can drag it out till Friday. That way when the jury aquits Zimmerman, the rioters will stay indoors due to Tropical Depression Chantal's rain.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Her rationale for excluding the evidence had nothing to do with relevance, but with authenticating the texts as those of Tryavon, her assertion being that "...even a 7-year-old could get through that security software. It happens all the time!" West's response? "It took FDLE almost a year to get through it!" Did you watch the end-of-session video I linked to? It's all there. But I've got a theory about what this is really all about....

Just watching the pundits say exactly the same thing. Apparently there is case-law whereby the judge cannot impose physical hardship and extremely long hours on a legal team as well. Regarding the phone records it would seem to me they should be relevant unless someone has evidence that a person other than Martin texted from his phone. The judge is considering them hearsay but I'm not so sure that holds water. The jury should be allowed to consider the texts and that they are those of Martin without evidence to the contrary.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

WILL HE TAKE THE STAND??
    If he takes the stand, his level of intelligence, tells me, he would never pass a test for a firearms permit of any kind.
    Unless some powerful information comes up, he is walking.

As for riots: The truth does not matter to these people. Weather he is guily or not they want him found guilty.
    Rioting because they do not get the verdict they want--- We have now become a third world country, being run by some
    War Lords from a back room.

He his not taking the stand.
    NRA LIFE/ENDOWMENT MEMBER - 1975 Passed-NYS Conservation Firearms Safety Instructor.
    LIFE MEMBER- VIETNAM VETERANS OF AMERICA
    U.S. NAVY SEAWOLVES- VIETNAM 69/70

Do I understand correctly, the jury heard Connor's testimony and knows there are a bunch of password protected texts and photos on Martin's phone but they don't get to know what any of those photos are or what the messages say?
    ...SCOTUS says we're right...You don't like it. I'm sorry you don't like it. I guess that's a problem for you. Some people don't like gays. Some don't like alcohol. Some don't like meat. ~michaelzwilliamson

When it comes to grasping at straws and outright desperation, not sure who is more annoying, the Prosecution or the media shills.

I used to be a government-educated stooge. By the grace of God, I repent. -Robert Burris

Page 31 of 49 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast