The trial of George Zimmerman - Page 32
Page 32 of 49 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: The trial of George Zimmerman

If the judge does not give the jury instructions on the manslaughter alternative, then I believe the jury will return a not guilty verdict by Friday evening if they get the case by Thursday afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    The judge's concern right now is how she can drag it out till Friday. That way when the jury aquits Zimmerman, the rioters will stay indoors due to Tropical Depression Chantal's rain.
    That's actually brilliant!
    You can have good intentions and not be right.

4. I find it interesting that by my comments I'm profiled. Interesting how people insert "pictures" into others minds as to sway their judgement. It seems that this whole case is coming to an end. It must be nice to listen to "professionally paid" witnesses, hear how bad or good and person is/was, but all that really matters is what we know. Not what GZ said. Not what any person assumed a series of events happened, i.e. attorneys. Only the facts. The 911 call from GZ. The girlfriends phone call. The 911 calls from those that night in the neighborhood and the testimony of the people who "ACTUALLY" saw anything that happened that night. That's it.

GZ could tell you whatever he wants, but it's all hear-say unless someone else could collaborate the events.

The police report, "The encounter between George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin was ultimately avoidable by Zimmerman, if Zimmerman had remained in his vehicle and awaited the arrival of law enforcement, or conversely, if he had identified himself to Martin as a concerned citizen and initiated dialog in an effort to dispel each party's concern," the report says. "There is no indication that Trayvon Martin was involved in any criminal activity at the time of the encounter."

Any CHL/CCW holder should first verbalize to diffuse a situation. Even if GZ hadn't gone looking for TM, he should have loudly expressed so others around him (in row houses) might witness. Also, the loud verbal training, "Stop! I have a gun and I will use it!" could have diffused the whole mess. And please don't tell me that GZ didn't know he was carrying and loaded gun as he states. That's BS. Carrying a loaded gun should always be your first concern, especially when you (GZ) put himself into a position he shouldn't have been. Knowingly looking for trouble.

The topic of this forum is "Deadly Force and the Law". Deadly force is only acceptable if your life or others is at risk. I can put my life at risk everyday by walking late night into "certain" parts of town. I can go looking for trouble. But by doing this, what is my purpose (motive) and what is my intention by drawing this type of attention to myself. This will be my last comment on this subject. There's simple too much talk and too many things not related to the case. I hope the jury understand this and I hope they make the right judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by MrXtramean View Post
    I find it interesting that by my comments I'm profiled. Interesting how people insert "pictures" into others minds as to sway their judgement. It seems that this whole case is coming to an end. It must be nice to listen to "professionally paid" witnesses, hear how bad or good and person is/was, but all that really matters is what we know. Not what GZ said. Not what any person assumed a series of events happened, i.e. attorneys. Only the facts. The 911 call from GZ. The girlfriends phone call. The 911 calls from those that night in the neighborhood and the testimony of the people who "ACTUALLY" saw anything that happened that night. That's it.

GZ could tell you whatever he wants, but it's all hear-say unless someone else could collaborate the events.

The police report, "The encounter between George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin was ultimately avoidable by Zimmerman, if Zimmerman had remained in his vehicle and awaited the arrival of law enforcement, or conversely, if he had identified himself to Martin as a concerned citizen and initiated dialog in an effort to dispel each party's concern," the report says. "There is no indication that Trayvon Martin was involved in any criminal activity at the time of the encounter."

Any CHL/CCW holder should first verbalize to diffuse a situation. Even if GZ hadn't gone looking for TM, he should have loudly expressed so others around him (in row houses) might witness. Also, the loud verbal training, "Stop! I have a gun and I will use it!" could have diffused the whole mess. And please don't tell me that GZ didn't know he was carrying and loaded gun as he states. That's BS. Carrying a loaded gun should always be your first concern, especially when you (GZ) put himself into a position he shouldn't have been. Knowingly looking for trouble.

The topic of this forum is "Deadly Force and the Law". Deadly force is only acceptable if your life or others is at risk. I can put my life at risk everyday by walking late night into "certain" parts of town. I can go looking for trouble. But by doing this, what is my purpose (motive) and what is my intention by drawing this type of attention to myself. This will be my last comment on this subject. There's simple too much talk and too many things not related to the case. I hope the jury understand this and I hope they make the right judgement.

They will. He will be acquitted. A guilty verdict of any kind would be pure political persecution.

I used to be a government-educated stooge. By the grace of God, I repent. -Robert Burris

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallstones View Post
    Do I understand correctly, the jury heard Connor's testimony and knows there are a bunch of password protected texts and photos on Martin's phone but they don't get to know what any of those photos are or what the messages say?
    No, I don't believe Conner ever got in front of the jury, or if he did, it was for a very short time before they went into his testimony outside the presence of the jury after a state objection. They were still out when the judge ruled the texts and other cell phone evidence inadmissible this morning.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Deadly force is only acceptable if your life or others is at risk.
    I understand your position that GZ put himself into a situation. If stupidity were a crime he'd get life. But it's not. And under FL law deadly force is acceptable to prevent a felony against you.
    Here's some statutes for everyone to pick apart...
    782.02 Justifiable use of deadly force. The use of deadly force is justifiable when a person is resisting any attempt to murder such person or to commit any felony upon him or her or upon or in any dwelling house in which such person shall be.
    782.03 Excusable homicide. Homicide is excusable when committed by accident and misfortune in doing any lawful act by lawful means with usual ordinary caution, and without any unlawful intent, or by accident and misfortune in the heat of passion, upon any sudden and sufficient provocation, or upon a sudden combat, without any dangerous weapon being used and not done in a cruel or unusual manner.
    782.04 Murder.
    (1)(a) The unlawful killing of a human being:
    (2) The unlawful killing of a human being, when perpetrated by any act imminently dangerous to another and evincing a depraved mind regardless of human life, although without any premeditated design to effect the death of any particular individual, is murder in the second degree and constitutes a felony of the first degree, punishable by imprisonment for a term of years not exceeding life or as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.
    782.07 Manslaughter.
    (1) The killing of a human being by the act, procurement, or culpable negligence of another, without lawful justification according to the provisions of chapter 776 and in cases in which such killing shall not be excusable homicide or murder, according to the provisions of this chapter, is manslaughter, a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by Gallstones View Post
    Do I understand correctly, the jury heard Connor's testimony and knows there are a bunch of password protected texts and photos on Martin's phone but they don't get to know what any of those photos are or what the messages say?
    Yep. Been there and done that on a restraining order in a case. Judge, prosecutor, defense attorney agreed to not tell if there was one. But yet other paperwork was alluded too.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

The truth is in the details. My wife and I were talking about this case today and we came to a revelation.
    TM's friend, Rachel Jeantel, was on the phone with him just as the incident unfolded. She said she heard GZ speak first, asking "what are you doing here" and TM respond with the question "why are you following me" and then "get off." Let's think about these statements for second. I believe she has the statements correct... only in the wrong order. The language makes no sense... there's no flow... it's not a logical response to the question. So if we reverse the order we have something that fits GZ's story perfectly. Consider if TM looped around and popped out as GZ claims. Now, the guy pops out and asks "why are you following me" whereby GZ answers by asking "what are you doing here." And no one says "get off." She adds that on her own to benefit TM.
    Think about those two statements and the order. It makes sense only when reversed from what Rachel Jeantel claims. Her English no-looka-too-good. Definitely problems with language expression. She speaks a "slang" that's almost a different language. Since her ability to tell the story is clearly impaired (at best) I would have to discount her testimony. It leaves doubt.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    <snipped some extraneous and irrelevant opining>

The topic of this forum is "Deadly Force and the Law". Deadly force is only acceptable if your life or others is at risk.
    Absolutely misstates the law in Florida. You, as a defensive shooter, do not have to prove that your life or others' lives were at risk after the fact of a shooting, you have to show evidence that you had a reasonable belief that your life or others' lives were at risk. If there is any evidence that the self defense claim is valid, such as eye-witness testimony, injuries, sound and/or video recordings etc., you, as a defensive shooter, don't have to prove anything, because the burden shifts to the state to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that your self defense claim doesn't stand up to legal scrutiny. That is for a jury to decide, and that is precisely what they will begin deciding sometime Friday or the following Monday.

There is eye-witness testimony, audio evidence and injuries to Zimmerman documented and on the record in this case. You cite the title of the forum that we're in, but ignore the title of the thread as it applies (appropriately) to this sub-forum. This is the Zimmerman trial we are discussing, and the record is what it is, and the law is what it is, and the jury will determine the facts based on that record and that law, period.

Maybe if you quit misstating the law, you will stop being profiled as whatever you feel you've been profiled as.

I can put my life at risk everyday by walking late night into "certain" parts of town. I can go looking for trouble. But by doing this, what is my purpose (motive) and what is my intention by drawing this type of attention to myself.
    It's your hypothetical, so you tell us what your motive and intentions are. Unless it's illegal in your jurisdiction to simply walk through that "'certain' part of town" (whatever that's meant to imply) though, if you get attacked, no matter how bad that part of town may be, you have the right to defend yourself with adequate force to stop the attack. That's true in even the most gun-restrictive jurisdictions in the nation, even if minor caveats and qualifications may apply in some of them.

This will be my last comment on this subject. There's simple too much talk and too many things not related to the case.
    Wow! Did you just say that out loud??? HAHAHAHAHA! I haven't seen you state anything close to an accurate understanding of the law in Florida, which means all that motive and intentions stuff is among the "too many things not related to the case." A self defense case's motives and intentions are inherent in putting forth the defense - to save one's own life! And the state has to prove those perfectly legal intentions and motives are improperly being claimed.

I hope the jury understand this and I hope they make the right judgement.
    I'll defer to SR40c's answer on this "point," and then ask him, Bro, what the heck is with that new avatar??? LOL

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    I'll defer to SR40c's answer on this "point," and then ask him, Bro, what the heck is with that new avatar??? LOL

Blues
    I know. That's some funny sh-t.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Page 32 of 49 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast