The trial of George Zimmerman - Page 4
Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The trial of George Zimmerman

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer1113 View Post
    When Posting the transcript, Posting it all lets us see that Mr. Zimmerman stopped following Mr. Martin.

Dispatcher: Sanford Police Department. ...
    Zimmerman: Hey we've had some break-ins in my neighborhood, and there's a
    real suspicious guy, uh, [near] Retreat View Circle, um, the best address I can
    give you is 111 Retreat View Circle. This guy looks like he's up to no good, or
    he's on drugs or something. It's raining and he's just walking around, looking
    about.
    Dispatcher: OK, and this guy is he white, black, or Hispanic?
    Zimmerman: He looks black.
    Dispatcher: Did you see what he was wearing?
    Zimmerman: Yeah. A dark hoodie, like a grey hoodie, and either jeans or
    sweatpants and white tennis shoes. He's [unintelligible], he was just staring...
    Dispatcher: OK, he's just walking around the area...
    Zimmerman: ...looking at all the houses.
    Dispatcher: OK...
    Zimmerman: Now he's just staring at me.
    Dispatcher: OK—you said it's 1111 Retreat View? Or 111?
    Zimmerman: That's the clubhouse...
    Dispatcher: That's the clubhouse, do you know what the—he's near the
    clubhouse right now?
    Zimmerman: Yeah, now he's coming towards me.
    Dispatcher: OK.
    Zimmerman: He's got his hand in his waistband. And he's a black male.
    Z
    Dispatcher: How old would you say he looks?
    Zimmerman: He's got button on his shirt, late teens.
    Dispatcher: Late teens ok.
    Zimmerman: Somethings wrong with him. Yup, he's coming to check me out, he's got
    something in his hands, I don't know what his deal is.
    Dispatcher: Just let me know if he does anything ok
    Zimmerman: How long until you get an officer over here?
    Dispatcher: Yeah we've got someone on the way, just let me know if this guy does
    anything else.
    Zimmerman: Okay. These ******** they always get away. When you come to the
    clubhouse you come straight in and make a left. Actually you would go past the
    clubhouse.
    Dispatcher: So it's on the lefthand side from the clubhouse?
    Zimmerman: No you go in straight through the entrance and then you make a left...uh
    you go straight in, don't turn, and make a left. **** he's running.
    Dispatcher: He's running? Which way is he running?
    Zimmerman: Down towards the other entrance to the neighborhood.
    Dispatcher: Which entrance is that that he's heading towards?
    Zimmerman: The back entrance...******* [unintelligible]
    Dispatcher: Are you following him?
    Zimmerman: Yeah
    Dispatcher: Ok, we don't need you to do that.
    Zimmerman: Ok
    Dispatcher: Alright sir what is your name?
    Zimmerman: George...He ran.
    Dispatcher: Alright George what's your last name?
    Zimmerman: Zimmerman
    Dispatcher: And George what's the phone number you're calling from?
    Zimmerman: [redacted by
    Mother Jones
    ]
    Dispatcher: Alright George we do have them on the way, do you want to meet with the
    officer when they get out there?
    Zimmerman: Alright, where you going to meet with them at?
    Zimmerman: If they come in through the gate, tell them to go straight past the
    club house, and uh, straight past the club house and make a left, and then they
    go past the mailboxes, that’s my truck...[unintelligible]
    Dispatcher: What address are you parked in front of?
    Zimmerman: I don’t know, it’s a cut through so I don’t know the address.
    Dispatcher: Okay do you live in the area?
    Zimmerman: Yeah, I...[unintelligible]
    Dispatcher: What’s your apartment number?
    Zimmerman: It’s a home it’s 1950, oh crap I don’t want to give it all out, I don’t
    know where this kid is.
    Dispatcher: Okay do you want to just meet with them right near the mailboxes
    then?
    Zimmerman: Yeah that’s fine.
    Dispatcher: Alright George, I’ll let them know to meet you around there okay?
    Zimmerman: Actually could you have them call me and I’ll tell them where I’m at?
    Dispatcher: Okay, yeah that’s no problem.
    Zimmerman: Should I give you my number or you got it?
    Dispatcher: Yeah I got it [redacted by
    Mother Jones
    ]
    Zimmerman: Yeah you got it.
    Dispatcher: Okay no problem, I’ll let them know to call you when you’re in the
    area.
    Zimmerman: Thanks.
    Dispatcher: You’re welcome.
    Damn! Where did the confrontation occur? Was it at GZ's car?
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

IMHO, this is the true story to the very best of Mr. Zimmerman's recollection. I Believe him.

He almost made it to his Truck.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

5. I lost hope of Zim getting a fair trial when president Obama, after learning of Treyvon's death, said Treyvon could have been a son of his. Where was his concern for George, who looked pretty beaten-up? This, before any irrrefutable facts/trial/case. I don't know who is right, or wrong here, but I do know presidential bigotry when it raises its ugly head.

Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post
    I have both listened to the call many times, and I have a time-stamped transcript of the call. And as much as you would like to interpret it this way, at no time did dispatch ever ask Zimmerman to do anything more than OBSERVE AND REPORT. Those two words are absolutely hammered into you during neighborhood watch training. Observe and Report, but do not follow, and NEVER approach. Those are the cardinal rules of neighborhood watch - something Zimmerman should have known if he actually ever went through neighborhood watch training. All dispatch ever asked him to do was inform them of his observations. In fact, when they began to suspect at 2:24 that Zimmerman is actually following Martin, not just observing him, the following exchange takes place:

He is explicitly informed that they do not want him to follow Martin.

The only other previous requests Zimmerman received from dispatch are, "Let me know if he does anything, OK?" (approx 1:21), and a few seconds later, "We’ve got him (Zimmerman) on the wire. Just let me know if this guy (Martin) does anything else." At NO TIME during the 4:07 call did dispatch EVER ask him to trail or follow Martin.
    Mr. ....but I still maintain that if he had followed the instructions he received from 911, stayed in his vehicle, and broke off surveilling Martin when he was explicitly told that they didn't need him following the young man ...
    Dispatcher: Ok, we don't need you to do that. <<< this is the explicit orders you are talking about right? Well after the questions about Martin's location, and after Zimmerman was out of his vehicle.

At no time PRIOR to him getting out of his vehicle was he told NOT to. I'm not talking about neighborhoods watch protocols. I'm talking about those who feel he disobeyed a dispatcher. He didn't. The "explicitly informed" Zimmerman followed orders.

Are you blaming him for not follow those explicit orders before they were even given?
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

ezkl2230 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    Dispatcher: Ok, we don't need you to do that. <<< this is the explicit orders you are talking about right? Well after the questions about Martin's location, and after Zimmerman was out of his vehicle.

At no time PRIOR to him getting out of his vehicle was he told NOT to. I'm not talking about neighborhoods watch protocols. I'm talking about those who feel he disobeyed a dispatcher. He didn't. The "explicitly informed" Zimmerman followed orders.

Are you blaming him for not follow those explicit orders before they were even given?
    I have made my point, and I stand by my interpretation. This has EVERYTHING to do with following neighborhood watch protocols for a man who claimed to be a neighborhood watch captain and now faces the very real prospect of spending a significant portion of his life behind bars for violating those protocols. They exist for a reason. If the police want me to follow someone as a neighborhood watch captain, they will ask me to do so - and I have been explicitly asked to do so a couple of times, as long as I was able to follow discreetly and from the safety of my vehicle. But at no time have they ever asked me to continue following someone on foot after they left plain view, which is exactly what Zimmerman did. That doesn't fit your theory of what took place. Too bad.

I have made my point, and I stand by my interpretation. This has EVERYTHING to do with following neighborhood watch protocols for a man who claimed to be a neighborhood watch captain and now faces the very real prospect of spending a significant portion of his life behind bars for violating those protocols. They exist for a reason. If the police want me to follow someone as a neighborhood watch captain, they will ask me to do so - and I have been explicitly asked to do so a couple of times, as long as I was able to follow discreetly and from the safety of my vehicle. But at no time have they ever asked me to continue following someone on foot after they left plain view, which is exactly what Zimmerman did. That doesn't fit your theory of what took place. Too bad.
    If your theory is saying he didn't follow neighborhood watch protocols then I was mistaken. I thought you said he didn't follow 911 orders:

"but I still maintain that if he had followed the instructions he received from 911, stayed in his vehicle, and broke off surveilling Martin when he was explicitly told that they didn't need him following the young man
    So what you really meant to say was he didn't follow neighborhood watch protocols, not that he didn't follow 911's explicit orders.

Does his HOA have a neighborhood watch program? Do they have the same protocols as yours?
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    I don't think TM would have been able to do that to me, so the idea of using lethal force is moot. I do think Z was overzealous. And while there is no law against being overzealous it can have consequences. I think if he could do it over again Z would rethink the whole neighborhood watch thing too. And if guests to my home complained about being followed, the HOA would have me to deal with. His watchman days would be over.
    Is he guilty? I have no idea. No one here has any idea what happened that night.
    You are dodging my question.....So I will ask you again.

"If someone punched you in the face, physically overpowered you and then proceeded to bash your skull/brains into the concrete (and you were armed) would you shoot your attacker in self-defense or would you not shoot your attacker as his violent assault against you continued"?

A simple 'yes' or 'no' would suffice.

No spin please.
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

Quote Originally Posted by The_Outlaw View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    I don't think TM would have been able to do that to me, so the idea of using lethal force is moot. I do think Z was overzealous. And while there is no law against being overzealous it can have consequences. I think if he could do it over again Z would rethink the whole neighborhood watch thing too. And if guests to my home complained about being followed, the HOA would have me to deal with. His watchman days would be over.
    Is he guilty? I have no idea. No one here has any idea what happened that night.
    You are dodging my question.....So I will ask you again.

"If someone punched you in the face, physically overpowered you and then proceeded to bash your skull/brains into the concrete (and you were armed) would you shoot your attacker in self-defense or would you not shoot your attacker as his violent assault against you continued"?

A simple 'yes' or 'no' would suffice.

No spin please.
    He won't answer yes or no because it will prove your point and reverse his argument
    If it doesn't fit, FORCE it! If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway.

One thing that has gotten lost in all the hoopla is that this incident occurred fully one month before we ever heard about its occurrence. Apparently local law enforcement and DA had decided not to pursue an arrest of Zimmerman, otherwise they would have arrested and charged him that night. He was taken in and questioned and released.

Then the Obama minions heard about a black guy being killed by a "white" guy who had a carry permit and they whispered in the ear of the media and it took off from that point. The media was really disappointed to find out that although Zimmerman appears to belong to a "white" guy, he is actually Hispanic. So the media called him a White Hispanic.

Then when the noise level reached the breaking point, the State of Florida stepped in with a prosecutor from the state level and decided to charge Zimmerman.

So it appears that Zimmerman was not going to be charged with anything until the media got involved. That is the way I remember it occurring.
    Certified NRA Instructor in Basic Pistol, Basic Rifle, Basic Shotgun, Personal Defense in The Home, Personal Defense Outside the Home and Refuse to Be a Victim.
    Oklahoma Handgun License Instructor; NRA Benefactor Life Member; NRA EVC, District 2, OK

Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast