The trial of George Zimmerman - Page 41
Page 41 of 49 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 483

Thread: The trial of George Zimmerman

  1. #401
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pennsylvania, Delaware County
    Posts
    451
    GZ & TM are both losers in this case! No matter what the outcome of the trial. If Zimmerman doesn't go to jail, his life and future will be forever changed, he'll have a virtual Scarlet letter on his chest. He'll be a prisoner in his own house, unable to freely go where ever he wants without the fear of being molested by the angry public. What about work? Career? And for what? Really for what?? Police officers get jammed up all the time being overzealous with these worthless perps. Zimmerman should have stayed in the car and reported what he sees. The "Eyes and Ears". Police just don't carry guns? They carry stun devices, batons and spray. Because every situation does not justify the use of deadly force. Call the police and let them handle it.

  2.   
  3. #402
    ezkl2230 Guest
    Monitoring many news outlets. Nearly all are running with the line that (because his previous troubled history has been left out of deliberations) Martin has been demonized and was a misunderstood, innocent kid who was the victim of a racist, trigger happy, paranoid gun nut. Business Insider was blatant in their support for the prosecution case (Zimmerman is the "wannabe cop"). The New Black Panthers are getting quite a bit of exposure, with even their "national minister of education" being quoted by the outlets. The groundwork has been laid for riots. I live in Michigan, and I'm waiting to see how a verdict of anything less than 2nd degree murder is received. I think Detroit, Flint/Saginaw will explode; I hope I'm wrong.

  4. #403
    Epic
    Attached Images Attached Images The trial of George Zimmerman-image.jpg 
    If it doesn't fit, FORCE it! If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway.


  5. #404
    ezkl2230 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Diealotz View Post
    Epic
    Sad but true. The media are going all out to create the news here. It's too bad that they won't be held responsible for any damages or deaths that may occur as the result of their efforts to keep the pot stirred.

  6. #405
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pennsylvania, Delaware County
    Posts
    451
    Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post
    Sad but true. The media are going all out to create the news here. It's too bad that they won't be held responsible for any damages or deaths that may occur as the result of their efforts to keep the pot stirred.
    The only job of the media is to make money! I mean the ONLY job of the media is to sell newspapers, sell online subscriptions and sell advertisement. The Media is not for you. The Media is a product that is sold, no better or other than Playboy or Penthouse Magazine. They only print what they can sell. They bring u the news because bringing the news will increase ratings and entice the advertisers. The only station out there for the people is PBS - Public Broadcasting System. They will always stir the pot, because that's ratings or otherwise, money in their pockets.

  7. #406
    Do any of you have Neighborhood watch groups in your area? We do here in the town I live in. In fact, they are given Patrol cars that are marked *Citizens On Patrol* (Right out of Police Academy Right?) I have seen them do some pretty cool stuff like direct traffic when they are first on the scene of an accident, give that extra patrol past the house when your on vacation, and I have seen some pretty dumb stuff to. Like coming into my place of business and having us call out a license plate and car type and color because they are not pulled far enough into a parking place.
    But, In My Humble Opinion If I am a Neighborhood watch and I see a stranger or suspect someone is behaving oddly, I'm going to watch them. Imagine if you didn't and they hurt someone? Generally I would rather feel silly for having "Followed" or observed a harmless person than to have someone get hurt.
    Mr. Zimmerman chose to "Get Involved". Many of us have stated that we would get involved if we witnessed a woman being dragged from a Dinner. I don't remember the thread but if you wrote it or posted on it, you remember.
    Is it about race? Sometimes it is. My town is something like 97% White, 2% Hispanic and 1% "Other". If I see a Black man, woman, or child walking down the street or cutting through someones yard, guess what? It will get my attention. Does this make me a racist? I don't think so. I served in the United States Army with some of the finest soldiers that ever enlisted. Black, White, Brown, Yellow, Orange, Blue, but we were all Green.
    So Why Scream Racist? Do you want me to be honest here or blow smoke up your butts?
    When the word racist is gone, so is the biggest excuse to allow yourself to fail. Does anyone ever encounter a racist? Yep, But guess what? Get over it, move on.
    Just like the new born pup, if you don't get any milk out of one tit, move on to the next.
    When I moved to Florida from Toledo Ohio, and in particular to my small little town, A Damn Yankee didn't get hired. I went through over $30,000.00 in 9 months supporting my family and trying to get a Job. Finally a New manager took over a local Box Store (Not Walmart) and she was the daughter of the Mayor in the town my Military base was in (I rescued many a G.I. From Her Daddy, He knew me). Yes, Finally a job! It was discrimination of some kind, but I just kept trying until I found a tit with Milk.
    All in All, Mr. Zimmerman started out that night to buy groceries from Target, and ended up facing a very long stretch in prison. He had every good intent in the world.
    I hate that it turned out this way. Was it racist of him? I don't think so. I think George was trying to do some good for the Neighborhood.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

  8. #407
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Posts
    7,419
    I agree wholeheartedly about his intentions, they were good. His instincts, however, could use some work. I'd say the same about Trayvon if he had survived. George should've, at some point before the fight started, or even during the fight, identified himself as the neighborhood watch guy. Preferably, when he first saw the guy in the rain, he should've calmly offered him a lift to where he was going, or at least said he was with NW and could he help the stranger find an address or something. He was still in his car, still protected from being assaulted, and seriously, it was raining, it would've just been the nice thing to do. Maybe Trayvon would've told him to F-off, or maybe, just maybe, he would've just said nah, my dad's girlfriend lives right around the corner. I'll be fine, but thanks for the offer.

    His instincts never inspired him to be helpful instead of being openly suspicious, unfriendly, and it's not unreasonable to think that his following and looking around could've been misconstrued as aggressive and threatening to Trayvon. It doesn't excuse Trayvon's response, but neither does the belief that the shot being fired was legitimate, legal self defense, absolve Zimmerman of his failures that night. It bugged me in the Hannity interview when he was asked if he regretted anything that night, and he said no. Doesn't sound like he went to work on the instincts and human foibles that led to a young man's death, no matter how inappropriate his actions were too. I'd regret having to shoot and kill someone no matter what the circumstances. If it's "God's plan" that someone die so that I can stay alive, I'll find that out in the Great By and By, between me and the Lord. I would never say something like that in public though. His apology to Trayvon's parents seemed rather hollow in light of the fact that he put the responsibility for the events off on God. Maybe I'm over-thinking it, but that's what I thought the second I heard it. That was my instinct.

    Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

  9. #408
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    SE FL and SE OH
    Posts
    5,602
    Quote Originally Posted by ricardo900 View Post
    The only job of the media is to make money! I mean the ONLY job of the media is to sell newspapers, sell online subscriptions and sell advertisement. The Media is not for you. The Media is a product that is sold, no better or other than Playboy or Penthouse Magazine. They only print what they can sell. They bring u the news because bringing the news will increase ratings and entice the advertisers. The only station out there for the people is PBS - Public Broadcasting System. They will always stir the pot, because that's ratings or otherwise, money in their pockets.
    Sorry but PBS is just as biased and is in it for the money. PBS has always had a leftwing slant.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

  10. #409
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pennsylvania, Delaware County
    Posts
    451
    Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    Sorry but PBS is just as biased and is in it for the money. PBS has always had a leftwing slant.
    Jeeesh! I guess there's nothing out there for the people.

  11. #410
    Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    I agree wholeheartedly about his intentions, they were good. His instincts, however, could use some work. I'd say the same about Trayvon if he had survived. George should've, at some point before the fight started, or even during the fight, identified himself as the neighborhood watch guy. Preferably, when he first saw the guy in the rain, he should've calmly offered him a lift to where he was going, or at least said he was with NW and could he help the stranger find an address or something. He was still in his car, still protected from being assaulted, and seriously, it was raining, it would've just been the nice thing to do. Maybe Trayvon would've told him to F-off, or maybe, just maybe, he would've just said nah, my dad's girlfriend lives right around the corner. I'll be fine, but thanks for the offer.

    His instincts never inspired him to be helpful instead of being openly suspicious, unfriendly, and it's not unreasonable to think that his following and looking around could've been misconstrued as aggressive and threatening to Trayvon. It doesn't excuse Trayvon's response, but neither does the belief that the shot being fired was legitimate, legal self defense, absolve Zimmerman of his failures that night. It bugged me in the Hannity interview when he was asked if he regretted anything that night, and he said no. Doesn't sound like he went to work on the instincts and human foibles that led to a young man's death, no matter how inappropriate his actions were too. I'd regret having to shoot and kill someone no matter what the circumstances. If it's "God's plan" that someone die so that I can stay alive, I'll find that out in the Great By and By, between me and the Lord. I would never say something like that in public though. His apology to Trayvon's parents seemed rather hollow in light of the fact that he put the responsibility for the events off on God. Maybe I'm over-thinking it, but that's what I thought the second I heard it. That was my instinct.

    Blues
    Hey Blues,
    I agree with much of your statement. The only area that wasn't addressed was the emotional aspect of this.
    Mr. Zimmerman had an emotional attachment to his neighborhood. He gave a fine example of the pride he took in it by becoming a member of the neighborhood watch.
    We don't know what is Normal for his neighborhood, but he does. This is why Mr. Martin looked out of place, Abnormal if you will. You know what is normal in your neighborhood and what is not.
    I feel as though Mr. Zimmerman took the high number of break-ins in his neighborhood personally. As he stated in the 911 call "These ******* Always get away with it". If it wasn't personal that statement alone would never have been said.
    I knew my days of "Cop" (And yes, Military Police I know, I know, its different) were over when I was apprehending a shop lifter and as we were struggling I lost my peripheral vision and I tunnel visioned out on the guy.
    Any cop will tell you, you had better not tunnel vision on the perp, because as soon as you lose sight of whats around you one of his buddies will come up and jack you.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Page 41 of 49 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast