The trial of George Zimmerman - Page 45
Page 45 of 49 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: The trial of George Zimmerman

Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post
    I'm sure Holder has already prepared for this eventuality. DOJ has already been involved, now they can have a more public role to try to wipe some of the egg off Obama's face.

From a strict legal standpoint, I am glad to see that the law was upheld, but as a practical matter, it still serves as the best example of what not to do. While Martin had no legal right to attack Zimmerman because he was in no danger of great bodily harm at the time Zimmerman left his vehicle, the basic fact remains that none of this would have happened if Zimmerman had followed neighborhood watch protocols and remained in his vehicle. I feel no elation about this as so many others do.
    Zimmerman should have just stayed home. Ain't hindsight a wonderful thing!
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

NAACP President Benjamin Todd Jealous:
    “We are outraged and heartbroken over today’s verdict,” said Benjamin Todd Jealous, President and CEO of the NAACP. “We stand with Trayvon’s family and we are called to act. We will pursue civil rights charges with the Department of Justice, we will continue to fight for the removal of Stand Your Ground laws in every state, and we will not rest until racial profiling in all its forms is outlawed.

Todd, I agree fully. We can't have young black men calling white men "cracker." It's racist and it's profiling. And when one throws a punch after making the statement it's a hate crime.
    Russell Simmons:
    This is not "only" about race. This is about laws that allow racist acts to go unpunished. We must change laws that promote injustice

Russell, baby, I agree totally. But in this case the racist got punished.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    NAACP President Benjamin Todd Jealous:
    “We are outraged and heartbroken over today’s verdict,” said Benjamin Todd Jealous, President and CEO of the NAACP. “We stand with Trayvon’s family and we are called to act. We will pursue civil rights charges with the Department of Justice, we will continue to fight for the removal of Stand Your Ground laws in every state, and we will not rest until racial profiling in all its forms is outlawed.

Todd, I agree fully. We can't have young black men calling white men "cracker." It's racist and it's profiling. And when one throws a punch after making the statement it's a hate crime.
    Russell Simmons:
    This is not "only" about race. This is about laws that allow racist acts to go unpunished. We must change laws that promote injustice

Russell, baby, I agree totally. But in this case the racist got punished.
    But, but,,,Blacks can't be racists? Right? That's what I keep hearing, from Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson, of course.

But, I'm a "cracker" so what do I know.
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

Isn't it sad that so many people have no idea that SYG is so they can protect themselves and be protected by the law. They think it's so racist people can kill the people they hate and get away with it. Everywhere I go, I see dumb people. Ignorance offends me... the lemmings are controlling the strong today. The peasants are in charge, Socio-Facism is a disease spreading across our nation via stupidity.

Everyday, I think to myself: "America is dead, her rebirth will only come through physical action... in time, violence will decide direction."
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post
    Here is a rundown of the women on the jury; see if any details in the descriptions of these women give you cause for concern about Zimmerman's ability to get a fair trial:

A look at the jurors for the Zimmerman trial

BTW, here are the instructions given to the jury regarding a charge of manslaughter:
    Wouldn't it have been easier just to tell them, "This is what TM would have been convicted of if GZ was not carrying that night."
    You can have good intentions and not be right.

Quote Originally Posted by gejoslin View Post
    But, but,,,Blacks can't be racists? Right? That's what I keep hearing, from Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson, of course.

But, I'm a "cracker" so what do I know.
    Al's the biggest racist I've ever seen.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

And the press just keeps on spreading lies.
    Zimmerman, a former criminal justice college student, called police about 7:09 p.m. and reported seeing a “suspicious” young black male not unlike others who had recently burglarized the complex. Zimmerman advised the dispatcher in the call that he was going to follow the teen. The dispatcher told him that he didn’t need to do that. He continued to follow the teen, somehow encountering him in a dark, open stretch of the gated townhouse community. At the time, Zimmerman was carrying a licensed 9 mm semiautomatic gun. Trayvon was carrying a bag of Skittles and an Arizona drink in his front hoodie pocket.

Read more here: George Zimmerman not guilty in murder of Trayvon Martin - Trayvon Martin - MiamiHerald.com
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

I find the easiest way to avoid being labeled a racist is to just hate EVERYONE!

The race issues is irrelevant. The evidence at the trail established that Zimmerman shot Martin because Martin was beating Zimmerman, not because Martin was black.

Imagine a racist and KKK member standing in line at checkout counter at walmart. A white woman asks if she can go ahead as she has only one item. He says "sure, go ahead." Right after that a black women asks if she can go ahead because she has only one item and he says "no, why would you be in a hurry? You are probably on welfare and have noting else to do all day!" She then pulls out a knife and attacks him. He pulls out a gun and defends himself, not because she is black but because she is threatening him with great bodily harm or death.

ezkl2230 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by gejoslin View Post
    Zimmerman should have just stayed home. Ain't hindsight a wonderful thing!
    Stayed home? No. Just in his vehicle. I have run across a number of questionable situations over the years in my neighborhood while leaving the house to take care of business or go to the store. And as a neighborhood watch coordinator I stayed in my vehicle, phoned in my observations, and then continued on my way. I have also been explicitly asked by police twice to maintain surveillance until they could get someone on scene - as long as I could do so safely and discreetly from the safety of my vehicle.

The short version of this whole tragedy is that two people had chips on their shoulders: Martin as a result of being kicked out of school for drugs (not his first run-in with authority), which is why he was in the neighborhood staying at his dad's girlfriend's house in the first place, and Zimmerman as the result of his frustration with the police for "allowing" previous suspicious people to get away and his determination to make sure that this one didn't. Martin made one critical mistake: he chose to prove his manhood without stopping to ask himself if the person he was attacking might just be armed. Which probably takes us back to the debate about OC v CC and the question if Martin would have attacked if he had known from the beginning that Zimmerman was armed. Of course, and I haven't heard anyone raise this point yet, if he had truly felt threatened by Zimmerman following him, he could just as easily have broken off his phone call with his girlfriend and called 911 to report an unknown man following him. Whatever, the point is that both individuals made serious mistakes because of the chips on their shoulders, one of them died as a result, and the other one still might if the Panthers carry through on their threat to kill him.

Page 45 of 49 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast