The trial of George Zimmerman - Page 47
Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 483

Thread: The trial of George Zimmerman

  1. Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post
    The administration / DOJ aren't done yet. Although the president said some things about accepting the verdict, the DOJ as been looking into Zimmerman for months to see what they can charge him with. That has been their fallback position, and they will announce their intent when they are ready. They have no intention of letting Zimmerman go free. The best thing Zimmerman can do to avoid it is move to a country with no extradition treaty.
    That is really disheartening. I read his "stay calm, and protest in peace" bit, but it's below the surface that the true colors of the CIC reside. Bad news, indeed.

  2.   
  3. #462
    The People who are tonight gathering in NY Time square and all over the country in support of Trayvon Martin did not take the time to educate themselves to the facts and details of the case.
    They used the same tactic when Voting for President.
    When a Thug breaks into their home and takes their belongings, or gets into a fight with their child, lets see how fast they get out there and support that.

    What are they in support of?
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

  4. #463
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Quote Originally Posted by JCliff View Post
    How 'bout them apples! My hat is off to the ladies of the jury who refused the prosecution's exhortation to "think with their hearts" and instead rendered the only verdict I believed was possible given the evidence presented at trial. I feared that there would be an inclination to "compromise," throw the prosecution a bone and give 'em manslaughter, but they didn't. Not all is wrong in the world. I think the Obama administration"s Justice Department will sit on this for awhile, before they rush in to get more egg on their face. I'm not ruling out a federal civil rights case obviously, but the Obama administration is a totally political animal from all aspects. If they think it will make them look bad, they won't do it no matter what. If they think it still fits the progressive narrative and will make them shine...well then no facts will stop them. As for the NAACP, the very title of their organization is racist.
    .
    I also think this case serves as an example of what can happen to your life if you kill someone, even in a "righteous" shooting. If you were to take all the media hype out of this case, Z's life still gets turned upside down. Though the Sanford PD and local prosecutor clearly made the correct decision not to bring charges, there are plenty of places around the country that a similar event would almost certainly have resulted in a trial, media hype or no.
    Especially the non-white juror who refused to allow race to sway her vote.
    .
    NAACP: Nitwits and Activists for the Annihilation of Caucasian People
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  5. #464
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Quote Originally Posted by gejoslin View Post
    But, but,,,Blacks can't be racists? Right? That's what I keep hearing, from Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson, of course.

    But, I'm a "cracker" so what do I know.
    So they'd like us to believe. My high school was 38% black. The city it's in was ranked ninth on the FBI most dangerous cities last year. I've seen racism from both sides. It can be just as bad in the other direction. I sometimes make comments that seem on the edge. But I don't care because I've been around it all my life. Plus I feel truth is a defense to popularity or political correctness. And no one wants to tell the truth about what's happening out there. We wouldn't want to say something unpopular even if it's true. Well, horse balls on that. I'm saying it. Dress and act like a gangsta and you have my attention. I'll regard you as a gangsta. And they say it's the media? When I'm at the ATM it ain't Tom Brokow I'm looking over my shoulder for. It's punks with their pants around their ass, white OR black. I don't see the white dirt-bag complaining.
    .
    My bank has signs saying no hoodies, hats or sunglasses but says nothing about guns. What does that tell us they're thinking?
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  6. #465
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    .
    My bank has signs saying no hoodies, hats or sunglasses but says nothing about guns. What does that tell us they're thinking?
    That they want to be able to identify you on surveillance footage? I understand and agree with your point, but I don't think that sign means what you think it does.

  7. #466
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sepra Peratus/Arkansas
    Posts
    1,638
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    So they'd like us to believe. My high school was 38% black. The city it's in was ranked ninth on the FBI most dangerous cities last year. I've seen racism from both sides. It can be just as bad in the other direction. I sometimes make comments that seem on the edge. But I don't care because I've been around it all my life. Plus I feel truth is a defense to popularity or political correctness. And no one wants to tell the truth about what's happening out there. We wouldn't want to say something unpopular even if it's true. Well, horse balls on that. I'm saying it. Dress and act like a gangsta and you have my attention. I'll regard you as a gangsta. And they say it's the media? When I'm at the ATM it ain't Tom Brokow I'm looking over my shoulder for. It's punks with their pants around their ass, white OR black. I don't see the white dirt-bag complaining.
    .
    My bank has signs saying no hoodies, hats or sunglasses but says nothing about guns. What does that tell us they're thinking?
    I completely agree! That crap they want to spoon feed us is the most asinine BS. The lib's may go for it but I don't. The part of Arkansas I live in is 51% black, most of the older black men are a real pleasure to be around. The younger Black men and teenagers you must keep an eye on. The older black guys will tell you the same! The younger white dirtbags are about the same with the drugs and just plain old thievery keeps me on my toes. My wife , Cathy, just got her 9mm Shield and I've teaching her the basics of gun handling and maintenance. We can't be together all the time. The PC crap may work for the gubermint type's, but when they get robbed or mugged that will change for that individual. The ones with security don't have to worry about it. Their bodyguards do thou!
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

  8. #467
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    That they want to be able to identify you on surveillance footage? I understand and agree with your point, but I don't think that sign means what you think it does.
    Exactly the point. The sign is based in the fact that those things are commonly worn by perps to avoid identification. They also threaten to have guns. But the bank doesn't have a sign prohibiting your gun. So if you walk in a bank wearing a hoodie you'll get attention because it's a profile. Everyone's radar goes up. In busy areas the hoodie gets less attention. More people. But in dark areas prone to burglary/robbery/home invasion it definitely gets a look, regardless of whether he's black or white. Unfortunate because hoodies are warm. I wear a hoodie to the range when it's chilly. I'm probably gettin' profiled.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  9. #468
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Exactly the point. The sign is based in the fact that those things are commonly worn by perps to avoid identification. They also threaten to have guns. But the bank doesn't have a sign prohibiting your gun. So if you walk in a bank wearing a hoodie you'll get attention because it's a profile. Everyone's radar goes up. In busy areas the hoodie gets less attention. More people. But in dark areas prone to burglary/robbery/home invasion it definitely gets a look, regardless of whether he's black or white. Unfortunate because hoodies are warm. I wear a hoodie to the range when it's chilly. I'm probably gettin' profiled.
    Gotcha, sorry I misunderstood. I thought you were associating hoodies and hats solely with the "gangsta" type. I wear hoodies on a regular basis. Although I also tend to wear a belt, something that community seems to not see the wisdom in.

  10. #469
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    An Alternate Reality, I Assure You...
    Posts
    5,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Kramer1113 View Post
    The People who are tonight gathering in NY Time square and all over the country in support of Trayvon Martin did not take the time to educate themselves to the facts and details of the case.
    They used the same tactic when Voting for President.
    When a Thug breaks into their home and takes their belongings, or gets into a fight with their child, lets see how fast they get out there and support that.

    What are they in support of?
    The complete destruction of everything that stands in their way of getting everything for nothing. The Socio-Facist Utopia that provides the riches of the world at no cost. They're too stupid to understand facts and history, there is no such thing as a Socio-Facist Utopia... it's the same oppression they think they're fighting against. They're willfully ignorant, which is the most offensive and most dangerous way to be. These people won't hesitate to do you harm when the hoards spread. Our country is not the same, it's changed for the absolute worst and you are in the way... we all are. Be vigilant at all times, never drop your guard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

  11. #470
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Lowcountry of South Carolina
    Posts
    2,039
    Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post
    The administration / DOJ aren't done yet. Although the president said some things about accepting the verdict...
    Yeah, listen to the whole speech and pay close attention to this part:
    "...I now ask every American to respect the call for calm reflection from two parents who lost their young son. And as we do, we should ask ourselves if we're doing all we can to widen the circle of compassion and understanding in our own communities. We should ask ourselves if we're doing all we can to stem the tide of gun violence that claims too many lives across this country on a daily basis. We should ask ourselves, as individuals and as a society, how we can prevent future tragedies like this..."
    -

    Even thought GZ was found not guilty, and that it was determined that he legally used his gun in self defense against an attacker, it was "gun violence"
    -
    Translation - This is why we have to take the guns away from law abiding citizens...

Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast