The trial of George Zimmerman - Page 48
Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3846474849 LastLast

Thread: The trial of George Zimmerman

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    I see his most glaring mistake as having little to do with opening his car door and getting out. His mistake started just seconds after seeing a kid walking in the rain with his hood up over his head, and immediately, with no more information than just that, calling the cops.

The logical presumption is that Martin wasn't doing anything that Zimmerman should've immediately considered threatening, and his first instinct should've been to offer his help to get the kid out of the rain. His subsequent actions weren't nearly as egregious a series of mistakes as his immediate instinct to be hyper-suspicious of a kid just trying to stay fairly dry with a hood on...
    Blues, you have hit the nail on the head. Not just in this instance, but what in general is wrong with our society. Unfortunately, the fact that our manners and morals have been circling the bowl for quite a while makes it where you sometimes don't feel safe doing that. In this particular instance, the fact that GZ was armed should have let him feel a little safer asking if a lone teenager needed help. Would I want my wife doing the same? No. But, that is probably the first thought that would cross her mind.

3. Quote Originally Posted by gejoslin View Post
    I completely agree! That crap they want to spoon feed us is the most asinine BS. The lib's may go for it but I don't. The part of Arkansas I live in is 51% black, most of the older black men are a real pleasure to be around. The younger Black men and teenagers you must keep an eye on. The older black guys will tell you the same! The younger white dirtbags are about the same with the drugs and just plain old thievery keeps me on my toes. My wife , Cathy, just got her 9mm Shield and I've teaching her the basics of gun handling and maintenance. We can't be together all the time. The PC crap may work for the gubermint type's, but when they get robbed or mugged that will change for that individual. The ones with security don't have to worry about it. Their bodyguards do thou!
    I've lived around blacks all my life. When I moved to northwest Arkansas, the area is filled with educated blacks, browns, yellows, whites, and other races too numerous to mention, although blacks are a very small part of the picture. This area is not the typical slice of this state's racial makeup. We are our own culturally diverse population center.

Having said that, we don't see racial bias, bigotry and public debauchery on any scale I would call a public menace. We still have the typical gang and degenerate subculture elements, but law enforcement here keeps that problem pretty much under wraps.

What disgusts is the ignorance, stupidity and divisive actions taken by all parties in front of MSM outlets I've seen nationwide. I was shocked to see (with the MSM's glee) that idiots outnumber smarter citizens. I realize MSM seeks-out those idiots, for sensationalism and divisiveness (after all the MSM are idiots as well).

I'm thankful to live where I do, and astonished that metro areas across the U.S. have turned into war zones. I pray those stuck in those cesspools may leave before Rome burns across the nation.

Want to see how looney Bloomberg Businessweek reporters are? George Zimmerman's Acquittal: Four Blunt Observations - Businessweek Too easy to shoot down this article. He starts off with a title sentence in some of his 4 points and then says the opposite in the body of the paragraph. Typical liberal anti-rights person.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

ezkl2230 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    Yeah, listen to the whole speech and pay close attention to this part:
    -

Even thought GZ was found not guilty, and that it was determined that he legally used his gun in self defense against an attacker, it was "gun violence"
    -
    Translation - This is why we have to take the guns away from law abiding citizens...
    Don't forget, Obama/Bloomberg are cut from the same fabric when it comes to firearms. Bloomberg's MAIG recently included the name of one of the Boston bombers as a victim of gun violence - and he was shot by police as he tried to kill and elude them. Britain is the pattern they are following - unarmed cops and socialized medicine. Neither work, of course; they have a bankrupt country that has been designated as the most violent in Europe for the last five years running.

Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post
    Don't forget, Obama/Bloomberg are cut from the same fabric when it comes to firearms. Bloomberg's MAIG included the name of one of the Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence - and he was shot by police as he tried to kill and elude them. Britain is the pattern they are following - unarmed cops and socialized medicine. Neither work, of course; they have a bankrupt country that has been designated as the most violent in Europe for the last five years running.
    Actually a bankrupt country most certainly does work.... for those at the top who are in power. Everyone else is ... screwed.

A few great post trial observations:
    Black Racism Killed Trayvon ... - article - Bond Action
    -

-
    And lastly, a security cam of TM showing he wasn't the "little kid" in the MSM photo
    The Trayvon Martin Picture the Mainstream Media Doesn't Want You to See (Update: Video Added) | Independent Journal Review
    Chief

Quote Originally Posted by r1derbike View Post
    I've lived around blacks all my life. When I moved to northwest Arkansas, the area is filled with educated blacks, browns, yellows, whites, and other races too numerous to mention, although blacks are a very small part of the picture. This area is not the typical slice of this state's racial makeup. We are our own culturally diverse population center.

Having said that, we don't see racial bias, bigotry and public debauchery on any scale I would call a public menace. We still have the typical gang and degenerate subculture elements, but law enforcement here keeps that problem pretty much under wraps.

What disgusts is the ignorance, stupidity and divisive actions taken by all parties in front of MSM outlets I've seen nationwide. I was shocked to see (with the MSM's glee) that idiots outnumber smarter citizens. I realize MSM seeks-out those idiots, for sensationalism and divisiveness (after all the MSM are idiots as well).

I'm thankful to live where I do, and astonished that metro areas across the U.S. have turned into war zones. I pray those stuck in those cesspools may leave before Rome burns across the nation.
    Off Topic
    We plan to move up to that part of AR. We really like the Eureka Springs area.
    Off Topic over
    You may resume control....
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Points, in order:
    No one knows why he walked about that area. No one will ever know. I find it hard to believe he didn't know the name of the street in a gated community with five streets, where he lives and runs the watch program. I already stated it's not illegal to follow someone in or about a public or private place unless the intent is to cause alarm, annoyance or threat. Following, shadowing, observing... a turd by any other name still smells bad. While not illegal, also not prudent behavior. Let LE find him. If these "punks" always get away that's not your problem, it's LE's.

Zimmerman had stated he was trying to find the house number where he last saw Martin to tell police where to come as he had parked in behind buildings, not in front on the street where he might have better known the location.
    He wasn't carrying a gun specifically for his watch program. But he was carrying a gun during this particular watch-related incident, thus the lawsuit against the HOA was settled.

He was not doing a neighborhood watch that night but was headed to the store when he saw the suspicious person that appeared to be wandering around and looking all around. At that time, he tried to keep an eye on the suspect while calling 911.
    ID? Well, what's legal isn't always smart. There should be an ID if the HOA supports the program in a gated community. Anything that deters an incident is beneficial. Was it worth the $2 cost of an ID? Was it not prudent to de-escalate an enraged Martin by identifying one's self? Isn't that why we teach these topics... to prevent an incident from getting out of hand? The ID isn't only for the perp, it's also so the residents know who you are.
    If Zimmerman lost sight of Martin as he told 911, and there were 4 long minutes that Martin had every chance to walk away, and Martin was a strapping athlete, all he had to do was run. No way could Zimmerman catch him. There should have been no contact if Martin continued to go home. Since contact is not usually expected in the NW program, why should he need an ID or identify himself.

Regarding his purpose, he was acting in a manner that promotes neighborhood safety and security. He was very engaged in his program. Is it wise to do this without proper training and licensing? In some states even a bar bouncer needs a security license.

Any of the Neighborhood Watch programs I have seen, there is some "training" of neighborhood coordinators by police. Also, police meet with interested homeowners and go over things to watch for and proper procedure. I read that, according to the group that registers the NW program. it appears Zimmerman's HO Assn apparently never went through the proper procedures to register. That does not mean the Sanford police never worked with the group. Also, it is not known if zimmerman ever had any training.
    Banging your head? Already too late to argue about proper self-defense. In such a situation if the perp got that close you already failed regarding the primary defensive actions. We're talking about this particular incident, not every incident. There could be times when a random, unprovoked attack puts one in that situation. But this isn't one of them.
    It appears the teen may have had a chip on his shoulder and figured he knew MMA so would show this fat guy. I agree that Martin got too close. Who knows if Martin would have done nothing if Zimmerman turned around to walk away? Based upon the testimony by Zimmerman's MMA insructor, Z was soft and not capable of much in a defensive situation.

Personally, I think Martin ran and looped around the block, popping-up with intent to surprise GZ from behind the condos. Thus GZ was likely the victim.
    I think you are right.
    Dave "The said Constitution shall never be construed...to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    Want to see how looney Bloomberg Businessweek reporters are? George Zimmerman's Acquittal: Four Blunt Observations - Businessweek Too easy to shoot down this article. He starts off with a title sentence in some of his 4 points and then says the opposite in the body of the paragraph. Typical liberal anti-rights person.
    Wrote a respectful response. Opined that TM acted as a racist when he profiled GZ as "cracka." They refused to post my comments.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Followup & My Last Post

About 40-some pages back….I posted this:

“Oh yeah, we’re gonna hang ya, but first, we’re gonna give ya a fa’r trial!”

There’s no way in hell that Mr. Z will ever ‘beat’ this thing, regardless of whether or not he’s guilty of any LEGAL infractions….The race baiters and their political PC supporters will never allow it.

Someone mentions that even though a witness says it was Martin on top, slamming the man’s head against concrete, there is no witness as to who was the original aggressor. Well GZ has been asked, and answered that question. Last I knew, the burden is on the state to prove he is lying, no burden on him to prove otherwise. And without a verifying witness, they can’t do that.

First, neighborhood watch groups are LEGAL. Second, if you possess a CCW in FL, and carry your weapon while in pursuit of ‘watching’ it’s LEGAL. Third, you have the LEGAL right to use deadly force if your (or anyone else’s) life is in eminent danger. So, please show me where’s the crime GZ committed?

If ANY black, white, or green wannabee, or even a real ‘gangsta’ ever makes the same mistake with me, that poor lil’ Trayvon made, whether GZ is convicted or not, the
    outcome will be the same regardless. Y’all can take that to the bank!

God Bless ya George!, and best of luck.

FLc

Now I can happily admit that I was so WRONG! Apparently there are still some intelligent people left out there, that can read and understand the U.S. Constitution and a few FL statutes. Thanks to those fine ladies, Mr Z remains a free man.

Following the trial on a daily basis, I was pretty amazed at the obvious leaning of Judge ‘Farley’ doing her best to get him convicted…and the ‘witnesses’ the state chose, that for the most part more than convinced me of Mr Z’s obvious innocence, before the defense ever called their first witness. The prosecution in no way ever put forth one iota of proof that he ever broke any law.

The Sanford PD had it right, from the git-go, and the Chief paid for it with the loss of his job.

The trial was a total sham from the word go…an effort by the race baiters to ‘lynch’ George, for a ‘crime’ he never committed.

In closing, I’m saying ‘adios’…I have recently found another site dedicated to concealed carry, that is far less confrontational than this one has become. Hands on and better managed and moderated…I’m seeing this one becoming a clone of what PDO was before it burned down… And as an extra added feature, their pages actually fit my wide monitor screen! I can actually read posts without having to constantly scroll back and forth. What a great concept! Might be something regarding all the ads on every page that the current owner is jamming in. I totally understand and accept the concept of free enterprise…but c’mon!!

I may change my screen name on the other site from FLcracker, to ‘creepyasscracker’…I kinda like that one!

Stay well y’all, keep vigilant, and locked n’ loaded (especially now). ‘Blues’, you really need to consider law school. The system could really use some more GOOD men out there. And you sure show great promise.

FLc
    THE BILL OF RIGHTS: Void Where Prohibited By Law

Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3846474849 LastLast