The trial of George Zimmerman - Page 5
Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 483

Thread: The trial of George Zimmerman

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post
    I have made my point, and I stand by my interpretation. This has EVERYTHING to do with following neighborhood watch protocols for a man who claimed to be a neighborhood watch captain and now faces the very real prospect of spending a significant portion of his life behind bars for violating those protocols. They exist for a reason. If the police want me to follow someone as a neighborhood watch captain, they will ask me to do so - and I have been explicitly asked to do so a couple of times, as long as I was able to follow discreetly and from the safety of my vehicle. But at no time have they ever asked me to continue following someone on foot after they left plain view, which is exactly what Zimmerman did. That doesn't fit your theory of what took place. Too bad.
    Still, you shouldn't follow anyone. The police should not involve you.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  2.   
  3. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Diealotz View Post
    He won't answer yes or no because it will prove your point and reverse his argument
    Such a question can't be answered with a yes or no. At 6'3" / 220lbs and very well trained in Krav Maga I don't know what it's like to get beat-up. It's never happened so I don't know what I'd do if I started to lose. I don't think TM would have attacked someone of my size and demeanor. TM would not have gotten close enough to inflict harm on me. GZ is a shrimp and was an easy (so he thought) target. So the question is unrealistic.
    .
    This is exactly what's wrong with internet tough-guy scenarios. It's never that cut and dry. Are there situations where I would respond with deadly force after being attacked? ABSOLUTELY. Was the GZ/TM one of them? NO. GZ got his ass whipped. He had no business being out there if he couldn't fight.
    .
    Here's a thought. If you're a neighborhood watch guy and I smack you for repeatedly following/scaring/hassling my guests, you gonna kill me?
    .
    I think GZ will be fund not guilty as there were no real witnesses to the actual altercation.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  4. #43
    Told ya he couldn't answer with a simple yes or no
    If it doesn't fit, FORCE it! If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway.


  5. #44
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Diealotz View Post
    Told ya he couldn't answer with a simple yes or no
    The oldest trick in the book for an attorney is to try and buffalo people into a yes/no answer whereby either answer, in it's pure ignorant form, accomplishes his goal. Few things can be answered yes or no. I don't fall "sucker" into YN answers. Not in court and certainly not here.
    .
    Alright Sir Ditzalot, here's typical Y/N question... Does your mom know you're queer? Yes or No! Answer it now. Get it?
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  6. #45
    He!! I'll answer.
    I would not have shot him once. I feel this was at least a two shot attack.
    Furthermore, I would not have been using that little Kel-Tech 9mm.
    Martin would have had two gaping holes in him from .45 caliber Magtech HP's.

    Being followed, stared at, phoned into the police, what ever does not give anyone the right or authority to bash someones brains in.
    Zimmerman was being assaulted and overcame force with greater force.
    Martin also touched Zimmerman's gun during the assault.

    Someone said they did not hear of the attack until a month after it happened, here in Florida and not far from Tampa, we heard about it the next day and every day since.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

  7. #46
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Kramer1113 View Post
    He!! I'll answer.
    I would not have shot him once. I feel this was at least a two shot attack.
    Furthermore, I would not have been using that little Kel-Tech 9mm.
    Martin would have had two gaping holes in him from .45 caliber Magtech HP's.

    Being followed, stared at, phoned into the police, what ever does not give anyone the right or authority to bash someones brains in.
    Zimmerman was being assaulted and overcame force with greater force.
    Martin also touched Zimmerman's gun during the assault.

    Someone said they did not hear of the attack until a month after it happened, here in Florida and not far from Tampa, we heard about it the next day and every day since.
    You need to contact the police. You apparently have information no one else has. You know for an absolute fact that Martin touched Z's gun and that his only motive for the attack was that he was followed. Considering there are no eye-witnesses that's pretty important knowledge to have.
    .
    This isn't my actual opinion of your statement. I'm just playing devils advocate. Trying to stimulate the conversation.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  8. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Kramer1113 View Post
    He!! I'll answer.
    I would not have shot him once. I feel this was at least a two shot attack.
    Furthermore, I would not have been using that little Kel-Tech 9mm.
    Martin would have had two gaping holes in him from .45 caliber Magtech HP's.

    Being followed, stared at, phoned into the police, what ever does not give anyone the right or authority to bash someones brains in.
    Zimmerman was being assaulted and overcame force with greater force.
    Martin also touched Zimmerman's gun during the assault.

    Someone said they did not hear of the attack until a month after it happened, here in Florida and not far from Tampa, we heard about it the next day and every day since.
    How do you know how all this happened? Because of the media...because of the statements of the defense team? The only surviving party in all this can say alllll they want, but it doesn't make it true albeit plausible. Hence why both sides are attacking the history and credibility of both individuals. It's entertaining to play devils advocate but....I'd rather see the 'rest' of the story played out in court before I get all worked up over it.

  9. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Diealotz View Post
    Told ya he couldn't answer with a simple yes or no
    The oldest trick in the book for an attorney is to try and buffalo people into a yes/no answer whereby either answer, in it's pure ignorant form, accomplishes his goal. Few things can be answered yes or no. I don't fall "sucker" into YN answers. Not in court and certainly not here.
    .
    Alright Sir Ditzalot, here's typical Y/N question... Does your mom know you're queer? Yes or No! Answer it now. Get it?
    Yes
    My mom knows that I am NOT queer.

    See how easy that was? LOL

    Lets add some what ifs since you are bigger an badder than little 12 year old "picture" trayvon.

    So this is hypothetical: you are getting your ass kicked by a dude that is 6'11.5" and 375# AND he's slamming your head against the sidewalk....

    Now answer yes or no...

    Back on topic:

    Seems that the attorneys are still doing the jury selection thing from what I read during lunch.
    If it doesn't fit, FORCE it! If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway.


  10. #49
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Diealotz View Post
    Yes
    My mom knows that I am NOT queer.

    See how easy that was? LOL

    Seems that the attorneys are still doing the jury selection thing from what I read during lunch.
    Yeah I see that. I do think Z will be found not guilty. Pretty hard to find 6 people who will convict him in light of the racial crap that went on. Did you see the racial comment Robert Zimmerman made a few months ago? that definitely won't help things.
    .
    You guys know I'm just stirring the pot don't you?
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  11. #50
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sepra Peratus/Arkansas
    Posts
    1,638
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Yeah I see that. I do think Z will be found not guilty. Pretty hard to find 6 people who will convict him in light of the racial crap that went on. Did you see the racial comment Robert Zimmerman made a few months ago? that definitely won't help things.
    .
    You guys know I'm just stirring the pot don't you?
    I'm behind on this case. What did Robert Z say?
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast