The trial of George Zimmerman
Page 1 of 49 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The trial of George Zimmerman

The trial of George Zimmerman

The trial of George Zimmerman starts Monday. Will you follow the case?
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

^^^^^^Yes^^^^^^

Most definitely. Honestly, I'm torn between whether using deadly force force was justified in order to stop Trayvon from beating him, and whether he initiated the confrontation and should be found guilty as a result. The racial makeup of the jury will play a big role in the outcome of this case, no question about that.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

5. yes, but it SHOULDN'T. what a farce that is! If that fool Zimmerman had gotten his gun out sooner, he'd not be facing a trial, cause Martin would have had no choice but to back down. Ditto if he'd known a decent amount of hand to hand fighting. I can't even imagine any untrained punk getting on top of me! :-)

Race should not play a part, but it will, and we all know it. The prosecution will try to get as many Black jurors as possible, and the defense will try to get as many white jurors as possible. And if Zimmerman is found not guilty with a majority white jury, you can bet that Al and Jesse will be waiting in the wings to try to challenge the verdict.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Yes but just when I get a chance to catch up on what has transpired via lunchtime news and radio.

Won't go out of my way to get the latest breaking news...
    If it doesn't fit, FORCE it! If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway.

Should have stuck with Castle Doctrine.

Quote Originally Posted by yuppor View Post
    yes, but it SHOULDN'T. what a farce that is! If that fool Zimmerman had gotten his gun out sooner, he'd not be facing a trial, cause Martin would have had no choice but to back down. Ditto if he'd known a decent amount of hand to hand fighting. I can't even imagine any untrained punk getting on top of me! :-)
    IF pigs had wings they'd be birds. And not everyone backs down. Perhaps in retrospect Zimmerman would rethink his actions. Before, during and after the incident. He's the poster-boy for everything one shouldn't do.
    I tell people to call their lawyer and tell him they plan to do a neighborhood watch patrol, armed, with no training or education, no security license and no insurance. Tell him they'll be following people proactively. Anyone know what their lawyer would tell them? There ends the lesson.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

10. if the punk had gotten shot AFTER seeing the gun and being warned, zimmerman would be in a MUCH better legal position, but the odds have been proven to be well over 20 to 1 that they DO back down when faced with a (ready) gun, especially when they have no weapon at all. I've had men at gunpoint 4x, and they all froze in place quite nicely.:-)

So what's the latest? I haven't heard anything... Just briefly read something about using voice experts.
    If it doesn't fit, FORCE it! If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway.

Page 1 of 49 12311 ... LastLast