Post-shooting Police statement - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 40

Thread: Post-shooting Police statement

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,097
    Quote Originally Posted by NCIC105 View Post
    Wow you make a lot of assumptions about someone you have never met....as well as thousand of others...


    I would like to know where in my post do you find confirmation of your harangue




    Please don't character my post to spew your malevolence


    Hope you enjoy your life on "Your planet"
    Although you took my post personally (hell I don't know why nor do I care), your post mentions you were former LEO and that you would not cooperate with the cops which says you know what they are like. Doesn't it. "No interview until my attorney is present...". What does that mean??? You expect the cops to be reasonable and fair? Is that what that statement means? Or does it mean I know what they will do with my words...twist them until they can get a conviction...maybe that is the secret knowledge you have? You know exactly what they will do! Just ask Randall Adams if you don't. It was not a harangue but it was a statement of the condition of our justice system. If my words hit a little to close to home, it is not me that has the problem.

  2.   
  3. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Carolina/Charleston
    Posts
    2,388
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    rehash of what Masaad Ayoob has said on this topic previously.
    His take is that you point out witnesses and evidence to the police (officer those people were witnesses / Officer there is the bad guy’s gun) and then tell them that you are in no condition to make a statement at this time and you’d like to receive medical care and speak to your attorney but that you will be happy to make a statement and they’ll have your complete cooperation in 24 hours.

    Why go thru all this ambulance and fakery on your medical condition. Just do what is mentioned in this quote and you have covered all your bases--you are not faking, you are not lying, you are just telling the truth and there is little doubt in my mind that after being in a scenario where you have had to discharge your firearm because of imminent danger of death or great bodily injury, you sure as heck are not of a total, proper and thoughtful mind.

  4. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Houston Metro Area, Texas
    Posts
    3,004
    Say nothing request your lawyer, they are not called mouth pieces for nothing.

  5. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Colorado Rocky Mountain High
    Posts
    3,900
    Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Why go thru all this ambulance and fakery on your medical condition. Just do what is mentioned in this quote and you have covered all your bases--you are not faking, you are not lying, you are just telling the truth and there is little doubt in my mind that after being in a scenario where you have had to discharge your firearm because of imminent danger of death or great bodily injury, you sure as heck are not of a total, proper and thoughtful mind.
    According to Ayoob it isn’t fakery. You are very likely to be in psychogenic shock after a shooting. Depending on other risk factors you may even suffer a mild heart attack. He also points out the remote but real possibility that you may have been hit with out realizing it.
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

  6. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Body in SC and my mind is in the Tropics
    Posts
    1,651
    Quote Originally Posted by JimTh View Post
    Although you took my post personally (hell I don't know why nor do I care), your post mentions you were former LEO and that you would not cooperate with the cops which says you know what they are like. Doesn't it. "No interview until my attorney is present...". What does that mean??? You expect the cops to be reasonable and fair? Is that what that statement means? Or does it mean I know what they will do with my words...twist them until they can get a conviction...maybe that is the secret knowledge you have? You know exactly what they will do! Just ask Randall Adams if you don't. It was not a harangue but it was a statement of the condition of our justice system. If my words hit a little to close to home, it is not me that has the problem.















    My point was that people under stress will talk themselves into more trouble than they intend to. They will say things they never intended to say and can hurt their own creditability.
    It has nothing to do with the officers.
    Folks ask why I carry two guns...Well if I did not I'd be off balance and walk in circles!

  7. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,097
    Quote Originally Posted by NCIC105 View Post
    My point was that people under stress will talk themselves into more trouble than they intend to. They will say things they never intended to say and can hurt their own creditability.
    It has nothing to do with the officers.
    I agree with the statement to a point. It has everything to do with the officers. If they do not have an appreciation for the stress someone is under they should not be cops. I think they do have an appreciation for the stress someone is under and they prey on the vulnerable in order to get another smiley face on their certificates of meritorious service. It has been proven time and time again that many LEO will not respect any code of conduct in order to get the smiley face? You can google the west Memphis three as an example. The justice system in this country is no longer about the search for truth and the implementation of justice. That is why one needs to shut up and ge a lawyer...not because the truth will set him free but because the truth will be twisted against his interests.

  8. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Quote Originally Posted by JimTh View Post
    What you say is what most of us have always believed...the cops and the courts are not interested in what happened but are interested in who they can hang. If they were interested in the truth of a given situation then what is there to worry about. I have always thought that justice is not blind...it is dead. If justice were what the system pursues then most folks would not have to worry about spending thousands of dollars trying to defend themselves. But justice is not what happens in the halls of the LEO district stations or the court houses. To believe otherwise just shows naivety. I know, I have the experience to back up my words. Truth is not relative, it is absolute. The justice system in this country has learned how to dilute and bastardize the truth. It has not only become a game within the legal and LEO system, it has become an art form.
    That's complete crap. Perhaps you've had a bad experience but that is not suggestive of all LEO. I have plenty of friends in LE as well as attorneys and judges. You can't make a generic statement that applies to everyone because of what they do for a living.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  9. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Quote Originally Posted by NCIC105 View Post
    My point was that people under stress will talk themselves into more trouble than they intend to. They will say things they never intended to say and can hurt their own creditability.
    It has nothing to do with the officers.
    Exactly. It's the innocent who need an attorney. Let the guilty lie for themselves.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  10. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Lowcountry of South Carolina
    Posts
    2,039
    I haven't been involved in any shootings, but in the Coast Guard we frequently deal with a similar situation. Sometimes only the first part of the "search and rescue" works out, or you are called for a bridge jumper, drowning victim, missing diver, boating accident, etc. Dealing with a high stress thing like recovering the deceased or attempting to perform life saving measures on someone who ain't gonna make it can effect people differently. We have adopted a practice that some fire depts, police depts or other first responders use with regards to Critical Incident Stress Management. We have peers at the local units trained to initially show up and talk with the people, and a day or two after that a professional from one of the district offices will have a formal counselling session (both with the whole crew and individually) to see if anyone needs additional help.
    -
    Why do I bring this up? The part about getting a professional evaluation is important, even if you don't "think" you need it. Just having to deal with a dead human being makes your subconscious mind do a few flip-flops. I can only imagine it would be compounded by the fact that you were the one who assisted them with the "transition".

  11. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,097
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    That's complete crap. Perhaps you've had a bad experience but that is not suggestive of all LEO. I have plenty of friends in LE as well as attorneys and judges. You can't make a generic statement that applies to everyone because of what they do for a living.
    Excuuusseee meeee. I had no idea you owned a crystal ball into the world of all your le and judge friends. I know lawyers too. They have one interest and that is to win at any cost. My God you need an education. I got an idea...go get caught up in the system and see what happens. Until then I do not give a hoot 'bout all yo' bros on the beat. What do you call a thousand lawyers at the bottom of the ocean...a good start. What is the difference between road kill skunk and road kill lawyer...there are skid marks before the skunk! Come on man...I know plenty of lawyers on a professional level. I wouldn't give you a bucket of spit for their integrity. I know plenty of judges that like to see who is the best at winning the game...I call your one interrogatory and raise you 2 motions....by the way, can your client pay for all this ******** we are putting him through. What do you mean...who the hell cares what the facts are...run up the billing hours.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast