Post-shooting Police statement - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Post-shooting Police statement

Quote Originally Posted by JimTh View Post
    Excuuusseee meeee. I had no idea you owned a crystal ball into the world of all your le and judge friends. I know lawyers too. They have one interest and that is to win at any cost. My God you need an education. I got an idea...go get caught up in the system and see what happens. Until then I do not give a hoot 'bout all yo' bros on the beat. What do you call a thousand lawyers at the bottom of the ocean...a good start. What is the difference between road kill skunk and road kill lawyer...there are skid marks before the skunk! Come on man...I know plenty of lawyers on a professional level. I wouldn't give you a bucket of spit for their integrity. I know plenty of judges that like to see who is the best at winning the game...I call your one interrogatory and raise you 2 motions....by the way, can your client pay for all this ******** we are putting him through. What do you mean...who the hell cares what the facts are...run up the billing hours.
    You assume I've never been caught-up in the justice system? I absolutely have. Especially civil suits. And I'm no different than those lawyers... I'll tear your ass out and win at any cost. I don't need an education. I have two degrees from an ivy-league college. And yes, I have better than a crystal ball into their behavior. My best friend of 35 years is the attorney, former federal judge, NYC DA and is a contributor to FoxNews, HLN and CNN. We spent three years together on FoxNews radio as host and cohost of "Closing Arguments." We are basically brothers. There isn't anything we don't know about each other. The next time you're in trouble call a road-kill skunk not a lawyer.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

My take on this is that as a professional armed security company, there would be policies and procedures for post deadly force incidents which would include legal representation from the company. As well as delivering an interview to investigators w/out a prolonged delay. If there was an injury from the encounter then a trip to the ER is absolutely necessary, but otherwise strap on the big boy pants and comply with the investigative process. If your job description requires carrying a gun, then there should be a book of policies that relates to it.

Quote Originally Posted by dad45acp View Post
    My take on this is that as a professional armed security company, there would be policies and procedures for post deadly force incidents which would include legal representation from the company.
    You'd think so but no. The vast majority of security companies will say that you acted outside the scope of your duties and disavow any responsiblity.

To The OP you might want to take this question to securityinfowatch.com a forum for people in the security industry run by people in the security industry
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

One time I had a run in with the law, after being cuffed and bundled for transport the bunch of them peppered me with questions, not one peep came out of me, inside the van one of the cops leans over to me and say "you're doing the right thing, just keep your mouth shut and everything will be ok.
    moral to the story, the cops, the investigators the prosecutors ARE NOT YOUR FRIENDS, do not talk to them, do not engage in chit chat, say NOTHING beyond your name.

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    That's complete crap. Perhaps you've had a bad experience but that is not suggestive of all LEO. I have plenty of friends in LE as well as attorneys and judges. You can't make a generic statement that applies to everyone because of what they do for a living.
    that may or may not be complete crap, does anyone want to bet their lives on the outcome, if involved as a "perp" or potential "perp" regardless of the cops disposition, do not talk to them. period end of story.

If you live in Texas check with Texas Law Shield, great organization.

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    One time I had a run in with the law, after being cuffed and bundled for transport the bunch of them peppered me with questions, not one peep came out of me, inside the van one of the cops leans over to me and say "you're doing the right thing, just keep your mouth shut and everything will be ok.
    moral to the story, the cops, the investigators the prosecutors ARE NOT YOUR FRIENDS, do not talk to them, do not engage in chit chat, say NOTHING beyond your name.
    that's fine as long as you don't forget that includes the guy that told you to keep your yap shut
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

The USCCA also offers legal protection by pro-2a lawyers. Never used them, know nothing about them other than they sent me e-mails after getting a subscription to their magazine. After this thread I'm thinking about investing in it...

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    that's fine as long as you don't forget that includes the guy that told you to keep your yap shut
    he didn't tell me something I already knew to do and was doing, he was affirming that I was doing the right thing

Your agency working closely with the local PD is meaningless if the cop that responds to the call has a different view toward your agency, or just has a chip on his or her shoulder toward anyone other than full blown LEO's. Or maybe they had moonlighted with your agency, but were fired for some reason and have a grudge.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234