At work shooting - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: At work shooting

1. That was awesome, thanks for sharing and I think that you did right, you have to think that if you would have taking a live you would have to live with that but you do what you have to do, it's kill or be kill. In this situation at a quick response I think that nobody know what they would have done, hey Itstjs be safe.

3. You were were concerned about your backstop. You made the right choice. Good call, and glad nobody was hurt.

Agree, sounds like you handled it as well as could be expected. Good job.

I used to be a government-educated stooge. By the grace of God, I repent. -Robert Burris

I can't second guess you , what you did worked.

I do have a question though after you drew did the woman even acknowledge you? Did she even act like she knew you were there ?
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

At work shooting

Glad you made a decision and stuck with it, and everything turned out alright. Not having been there I can't say much else. But if the time comes where you need to pull the trigger, don't feel you have to hesitate if there are buildings or apartments in the background. You mentioned there were people coming outside which definitely changes things, however hesitating because there MIGHT be someone in that building, and if you miss, your bullet MIGHT go through the wall, and MIGHT hurt them isn't a good thing. Pondering too many mights and maybes the when you need to pull the trigger can and will get you killed. What matters is being decisive, which you were, and to me, it looks like you made the right decision.

Itstjs,

You were the only on this site who was there. You were the one who had sight alignment and the ability to see what was in front of and beyond your target. If your call was that what was beyond the target made it inappropriate to fire your weapon, then you have made the right call. You know your skill level and you knew the surroundings. Only you can say whether it was a good judgment or not. From the information you gave us, you stood on the side of caution due to innocents in the area. That would be a good call in my book.

In some LE training, we had two body targets with one behind the other. Therefore, one could see a full target up front and only the head/shoulder of another behind the first target. We were instructed the forefront target was the victim and the head/shoulder target was the BG. We started at 3yd and were asked would you make the shot, if we said yes, we took it. We then went to 5yds, same scenario, 7yd, 10 yds, etc. This exercise was to teach us where our limits were before we got into a circumstance. The point I'm trying to make... if YOU don't think you have a good shot, YOU don't take it. You did fine.

And who cares about the words that Treo is mincing? My family had a saying "Big I"... the "I" stood for ignore. :)
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    And who cares about the words that Treo is mincing? My family had a saying "Big I"... the "I" stood for ignore. :)
    Clearly you didn't read the entire exchange, Outlaw understood my point and agreed with it as evidence by his "liking" my post
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Clearly you didn't read the entire exchange, Outlaw understood my point and agreed with it as evidence by his "liking" my post
    You got all that by him "liking" your post? I frequently "like" FB comments for the sarcastic, humorous, or hypocritical value. If I could like comments on the mobile app, I would do the same on here. Your assumptions are rather humorous. Kinda like Obama asking 15 of the most liberal LEOs in the country their opinions on gun control and then claiming all LE in the country are behind it. You draw too much, from too little.

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    I can't second guess you , what you did worked.

I do have a question though after you drew did the woman even acknowledge you? Did she even act like she knew you were there ?
    It didnt appear as if she knew I was even standing there with a firearm, although, Im pretty sure they knew I was there before the shots were fired.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

Itstjs,

You were the only on this site who was there. You were the one who had sight alignment and the ability to see what was in front of and beyond your target. If your call was that what was beyond the target made it inappropriate to fire your weapon, then you have made the right call. You know your skill level and you knew the surroundings. Only you can say whether it was a good judgment or not. From the information you gave us, you stood on the side of caution due to innocents in the area. That would be a good call in my book.

In some LE training, we had two body targets with one behind the other. Therefore, one could see a full target up front and only the head/shoulder of another behind the first target. We were instructed the forefront target was the victim and the head/shoulder target was the BG. We started at 3yd and were asked would you make the shot, if we said yes, we took it. We then went to 5yds, same scenario, 7yd, 10 yds, etc. This exercise was to teach us where our limits were before we got into a circumstance. The point I'm trying to make... if YOU don't think you have a good shot, YOU don't take it. You did fine.

IF I can get my hands on some ammo, I think I will try similar drills at my local range, they have LEO targets that are similar to the ones you mentioned, if not the same ones. Anyhow, Ill test my limits. Thank you for your reply and insight on training scenarios. I know my limits very well with a long gun, however, a pistol is a bit different, and when a thousand things go though your head, kinda hard to concentrate, last thing I wanted to do is hit an innocent.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast