Cop Kills Sunday School Teacher in Church Parking Lot

Thread: Cop Kills Sunday School Teacher in Church Parking Lot

A Sunday School teacher was shot to death by a police officer in a church parking lot earlier this week in Culpeper, Virginia.

The female Sunday School teacher was sitting in her car while the officer was standing next to the driverís side door talking with her. The officer claimed that the woman rolled up her window on his arm and dragged him down the street, but an eye witness to the tragedy says otherwise.

The video below is a local news report that interviews a man who says he saw the officer demand the woman keep her window rolled down. When she did not comply, he fired once. When she started driving away, the officer shot into the car five more times.

We donít have all the information at this time. Itís unclear why the officer was talking to the woman in the first place, but given that she was a Sunday School teacher in a church parking lot, it would be surprising to hear she was up to anything too malicious.

The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

WTF?!?!?!
    Gotta be more to this story...
    If it doesn't fit, FORCE it! If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway.

Blog Entries
    Sounds like a personal dispute.

This is an old story. The cop has already been sentenced to 2.5 years in prison. Part of the story is that he shot her because he thought she might be a danger to others with her vehicle. Brings new meaning to road rage huh?

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    This story is more than a year old. The video in the OP was posted in Feb. of last year. That's actually kind of a good thing though, because instead of sitting around conjecturing about what should or might happen to the LEO who executed the Sunday School teacher, we already know:

Manslaughter. Three years is all our "justice" system thinks the life of Ms. Patricia Ann Cook was worth. The po' po' pitiful popo has nightmares about the "incident," and apologized profusely to the family of Ms. Cook in court, but still took the stand to defend his actions. He claims that Ms. Cook tried to drive away from the stop with his arm stuck in her window, but the witness in the OP video says that never happened. Even with the low charge of manslaughter, the executioner could have gotten 25 years. But he got three. That badge gave him 22 years of his life that he has no earthly right to. Probably more like 24 years with good behavior.

And Mr. Cook in that video? My goodness, that man is so beat down by the authoritarian regime we live under that he can't even express any visible outrage, and nearly apologizes for even thinking, "Why? WHY you bastards, WHY??!!"

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

geezus! Thats just effin crazy! Shooting an unarmed woman, damn. The story actually made me well up. On top of it he anly got 3 years,, thats just BS!

Three years is certainly a short sentence for killing a fellow-human being. Of course, it's getting to the point that you get a really short sentence for anything that affects another person; the only thing you get a long sentence for is a so-called "victimless" crime. Then you get either no sentence or a really long one, depending on your political convictions.
    TANSTAAFL

9. Write a bad check for groceries and see how many years you get.....

Steal a dollar from a bank and see how many years you get......

Say something negative about Obama and see how many years you get.......

If this story is that old, I would like to hear more about it. Was the lady coming from the church? What was the cop doing in the parking lot to begin with? What was his probable cause to even be talking to her? Guess I'll start hunting for the answers.

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    Even with the low charge of manslaughter, the executioner could have gotten 25 years. But he got three. That badge gave him 22 years of his life that he has no earthly right to. Probably more like 24 years with good behavior.

Blues
    The sad part is that, according to the article, it was the jury that recommended only 3 years. Apparently the citizens of Virginia are ok with being murdered by the police.

11. He doesn't even go to prison, He will serve his time in jail.
    Yeah, his buddies can watch over him.