NC and elsewhere---brandishing. - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: NC and elsewhere---brandishing.

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    For your safety (physical and legal) Unless you are willing to pull that trigger right then and there, do not point your firearm at them.
    Agreed, but the discussion was not started about "pointing". It was merely about "drawing", so that the potential bad guys know that you are not the easiy mark they thought you were. If they advanced after seeing the gun, then for me pointing and shooting would quickly follow. There are almost as many incidents where the weapon is drawn, and used to keep the BG compliant until the LEO arrives as there are of justified shootings. I have heard of none (not saying there weren't) where the intended victim was charged with brandishing a weapon. IMHO it goes back to if you can articulate a perceived threat as your reason for drawing your gun.

Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    Agreed, but the discussion was not started about "pointing". It was merely about "drawing", so that the potential bad guys know that you are not the easiy mark they thought you were. If they advanced after seeing the gun, then for me pointing and shooting would quickly follow. There are almost as many incidents where the weapon is drawn, and used to keep the BG compliant until the LEO arrives as there are of justified shootings. I have heard of none (not saying there weren't) where the intended victim was charged with brandishing a weapon. IMHO it goes back to if you can articulate a perceived threat as your reason for drawing your gun.
    I would agree with your assessment. If one convince a jury that one's actions were necessary to protect oneself; that is the nature of what must be done to claim self-defense. It is possible that you could convince a jury that a group of belligerent folk construed a threat. But that same group will be testifying too, at least whomever is left.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Since open carry is legal in NC, you could remove your cover garment and let them see you are armed and let them take it from there....brandishing or open carry....mmmmmmmmmm.
    Due to the increased cost of Ammunition I will be forced to discontinue warning shots as of now! USAF Chief Master Sergeant, Retired, 1979-2005

5. Quote Originally Posted by Chief1297 View Post
    Since open carry is legal in NC, you could remove your cover garment and let them see you are armed and let them take it from there....brandishing or open carry....mmmmmmmmmm.
    This is an excellent point! One of few advantages to living in NC---:).

Quote Originally Posted by Chief1297 View Post
    It's not brandishing if someone sees it holstered. I CC/OC all the time in NC and usually a T shirt tucked in with another shirt not. If the wind blows it open and people see it, or I happen to bend down at the store and some one see it, it's not illegal. Now I do have a CWP to CC in NC so for me it's a win-win. And I really don't care if someone sees me or not. Personally, it's the way it should be.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

The purpose of carrying concealed is so nobody knows your armed. The problem with open carry is that if you go anywhere like a store, the management can ask you to leave if they don't like the idea of your walking around with a firearm. You would need to leave if asked to do so. Whereas if you were concealed, they wouldn't know. And without a sign, you'd be fine.
    Will Antico

Just a general comment. I'm a gun nut! I preach the positive of gun ownership and the carrying of such. No matter how they like too. The family knows this and I'm sure it gets on their nerves at times. I'm a nice guy and I want the public to know you don't have to be a wannebe cop or hardazz anything to carry. Just John or Jane Q Public who wants to protect themselves and/or their family.
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gejoslin View Post
    Just a general comment. I'm a gun nut! I preach the positive of gun ownership and the carrying of such. No matter how they like too. The family knows this and I'm sure it gets on their nerves at times. I'm a nice guy and I want the public to know you don't have to be a wannebe cop or hardazz anything to carry. Just John or Jane Q Public who wants to protect themselves and/or their family.
    I tell the curious that it shows you have a clear understanding of the price of freedom. To be free, somebody must always be vigilant. I wish I could be the sheep again, its so much easier to graze and bleat than it is to watch over my herd (family.)

Sent from my Clear using USA Carry mobile app

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NYwill15 View Post
    The purpose of carrying concealed is so nobody knows your armed. The problem with open carry is that if you go anywhere like a store, the management can ask you to leave if they don't like the idea of your walking around with a firearm. You would need to leave if asked to do so. Whereas if you were concealed, they wouldn't know. And without a sign, you'd be fine.
    Baaaa baaaaa! A right is a right. I do not need anyone else's permission. Take your business elsewhere. Maybe even outside trashy New York. I did, no regrets. I love freedom! How much do you love it?

Sent from my Clear using USA Carry mobile app

Two things come to mind after reading this thread. The 1st is from a previous post in it I really enjoyed reading (ADHD sufferers need not respond):

"That's close enough, ************!"

And the 2nd being, I think the term "gunshy" has now evolved into "trayvonshy."

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast