Wonder how they'll feel Monday. - Page 10
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 110

Thread: Wonder how they'll feel Monday.

  1. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Nope, it's on him.

    Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk HD
    Why do I feel like I'm conversing with a third grader?
    Lewis - NRA Life - Oregon Firearms Federation - National Assoc. for Gun Rights

    Gun control is NOT about guns, it's about CONTROL.

  2.   
  3. #92
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,675
    Quote Originally Posted by K7lvo View Post
    Why do I feel like I'm conversing with a third grader?
    Just show me anything that I said that shows that my sympathies are racially motivated. You won't find it because I didn't say it. For the last freakin time, my sympathies for Trayvon Martin are NOT racially motivated! Sorry if you feel that you're conversing with a third grader, but when people say things about me that are untrue, my natural response is to set the record straight.

    Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk HD
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

    Benjamin Franklin

  4. #93
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Posts
    7,617
    Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Just show me anything that I said that shows that my sympathies are racially motivated. You won't find it because I didn't say it. For the last freakin time, my sympathies for Trayvon Martin are NOT racially motivated! Sorry if you feel that you're conversing with a third grader, but when people say things about me that are untrue, my natural response is to set the record straight.

    Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk HD
    Fair 'nuff. I didn't mention race at all. I only addressed the problems you had with the evidence. Why haven't you responded to it instead of going back and forth on irrelevant trivialities?
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

  5. #94
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,348
    Blog Entries
    2
    I believe I already proved my point. Lets take a vote

  6. #95
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,675
    Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    Fair 'nuff. I didn't mention race at all. I only addressed the problems you had with the evidence. Why haven't you responded to it instead of going back and forth on irrelevant trivialities?
    We can go back and forth on this for another ten pages, but nothing I say will change anyone's mind, and nothing any of you say will change my mind. The fact is, you guys see the evidence one way, and I see it a totally different way. Take a vote if you want to. What's it gonna change? GZ is a free man (and I use the term "free" loosely in Zimmerman's case) and TM is still dead. What this verdict, and indeed this discussion show, is just how deeply divided the country is on this issue.

    Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk HD
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

    Benjamin Franklin

  7. Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Apparently, according to you, every single person who believed Zimmerman was guilty believed so not on the basis of fact, but on emotion, while every single person who believed he was innocent did so on the basis of the evidence alone. Alrighty then.

    Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk HD
    tattedupboy, I understand your frustrations. We all have them. You MUST realize that what you said above, minus some accusatory wording, is in fact how our criminal justice system works; persons (including the jury) believed GZ was innocent because the evidence, after being weighed, supported it. Your observation that persons who believed GZ was guilty, did so on emotion, is also correct, even in those cases where those persons followed the proceedings, or those who didn't understand judicial law.

    The stupidity of both parties contributed to this tragedy, but the acquittal was legal, just, and warranted. I'm not taking sides here. If the roles were reversed, my opinion would have been exactly the same. Count on it. I'm colorblind on this case. There should be no division. The divisiveness has been thrust into this case by parties tracing back to our own DOJ, CIC, and all the usual suspects that scream racial hatred in this country. Until one gets past those who fan the racial flames, divisiveness will always be with us, to the detriment of all races.

    Many comments from well educated blacks have suggested calm, prayer, and tolerance in the wake of this tragedy. These same black scholars and ministers respect our judicial system, believe in it, and have spoken against divisive racial motivations. Not that it matters, but I am white, and I would stand shoulder to shoulder and shake their hands out of respect for their convictions, and poise during this tragedy. I only mention this, not to accuse you of any racial motivation, but to let you know the road to healing, and forgiveness, depends on extending a faithful hand to all races, and realize there are terrible things that happen in our society that we have to work together to improve. We may do better than what I see on the MSM every day...much better.

  8. #97
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Goosetown in the Pintlers
    Posts
    417
    Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    First Casey Anthony's daughter, and now Trayvon Martin. That now makes two children who have been failed by the justice system in the state of Florida in less than two years.

    Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk HD
    Say effing what? There's a corrolation how?
    Trayvon Martin was not a child, he was a young man.

    Why do you post here?
    ...SCOTUS says we're right...You don't like it. I'm sorry you don't like it. I guess that's a problem for you. Some people don't like gays. Some don't like alcohol. Some don't like meat. ~michaelzwilliamson

  9. #98
    The more that I think about it, the more I question the theory that Zimmerman proceeding on foot to keep Martin in site was a stupid move. What did he do that would have threatened a reasonable individual who wasn't trying to pull something? What should normal people be required to do to keep from pizzing off the punks???
    Lewis - NRA Life - Oregon Firearms Federation - National Assoc. for Gun Rights

    Gun control is NOT about guns, it's about CONTROL.

  10. #99
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Greenville SC
    Posts
    1,086
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by K7lvo View Post
    The more that I think about it, the more I question the theory that Zimmerman proceeding on foot to keep Martin in site was a stupid move. What did he do that would have threatened a reasonable individual who wasn't trying to pull something? What should normal people be required to do to keep from pizzing off the punks???
    Doesn't seem unreasonable to try and see where tm was going to me, given the circumstances.

    Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.

  11. #100
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,348
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    We can go back and forth on this for another ten pages, but nothing I say will change anyone's mind, and nothing any of you say will change my mind. The fact is, you guys see the evidence one way, and I see it a totally different way. Take a vote if you want to. What's it gonna change? GZ is a free man (and I use the term "free" loosely in Zimmerman's case) and TM is still dead. What this verdict, and indeed this discussion show, is just how deeply divided the country is on this issue.

    Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk HD
    And this just proves that you don't get it. Maybe Indiana is too conservative for you. If you want people to be prosecuted based on your emotions, please try CA, NY, MA and NJ. Your emotions mean zilch anywhere else.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast