Wonder how they'll feel Monday. - Page 3
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 110

Thread: Wonder how they'll feel Monday.

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    2,072
    Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    No, everyone seems to think that it's impossible that George Zimmerman could be guilty, and because I have dared to challenge that, you believe that I believe that I can do no wrong. I have my position, you guys have yours. Respect mine and I'll respect yours.

    Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk HD
    I Have no problem with your position. What I have a problem with is your disingenuous claim to have seen enough in that trial proving Zimmerman was guilty without any reasonable doubt. Again, I don't know what trial you watched, but the one I was watching showed nothing to back your claim. Cripes man, even the lip flipping left wing media was flailing after the second day of the prosecution's presentation. Jeeze man, Zimmerman had the judge against him and the jury was hardly a jury of his peers. They HAD NOTHING to convict him on.


    I used to be a government-educated stooge. By the grace of God, I repent. -Robert Burris

  2.   
  3. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,668
    I watched the same trial you watched. My perspective on it just happens to be different from yours.

    Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk HD
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

    Benjamin Franklin

  4. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    2,072
    In that case, I'm guessing you would have let Charles Manson walk had you been on that jury. WOW!


    I used to be a government-educated stooge. By the grace of God, I repent. -Robert Burris

  5. Quote Originally Posted by SR40c View Post
    I Have no problem with your position. What I have a problem with is your disingenuous claim to have seen enough in that trial proving Zimmerman was guilty without any reasonable doubt. Again, I don't know what trial you watched, but the one I was watching showed nothing to back your claim. Cripes man, even the lip flipping left wing media was flailing after the second day of the prosecution's presentation. Jeeze man, Zimmerman had the judge against him and the jury was hardly a jury of his peers. They HAD NOTHING to convict him on.
    Some people don't need proof, they just opinionate, and call it "their view".

  6. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"
    Posts
    2,825
    I'll be feeling just fine on Monday...
    I was feeling even better last night when the Verdict of "Not Guilty" was read aloud.

    At the end of the day if people don't start no trouble, then there will be no trouble imvho.
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

  7. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Houston Metro Area, Texas
    Posts
    3,004
    Only thing changing for me is because of threats I will be carrying extra ammo.

  8. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Your version of events, just because it matches the jury's, doesn't make it the "truth." The only "truth" is that Martin and Zimmerman are the only two who really know what happened, and because Martin is dead, we got only one side of the story, point blank period.

    Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk HD
    True - the problem is we can't just make up whatever **** we want to fill in the gaps, imagine what Martin would say if he were here. Thus, the story of the survivor, the reports of available witnesses, however partial, and an evaluation of available evidence to see if it supports the survivor's story is what we have. A jury can't just make up things that are not available, can't speculate. Yes, people like you can. But given the available evidence in total and that law (and FL self-defense law is not much, if any, different than most states) the jury came to the right conclusion. All whining aside, that just the way the system works.
    Si vis pacem para bellum

  9. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    And how else should Trayvon have responded to being followed in the darkness by a stranger whose intentions he wasn't able to ascertain?

    What would it take for me to believe Zimmerman did the right thing? Well gee, that's a loaded question! I saw the proceedings and came to my own conclusion, just as I'm sure you saw them and came to your own. Based on the testimony I saw, George Zimmerman was wrong and the jury got this wrong.

    Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk HD
    You are truly off in your own little reality with this case, and you saw evidence that no one else saw. All Martin had to do was what Zimmerman was in the process of doing: WALK AWAY! Instead, he chose to engage - because neighborhood watch people are presumed to be defenseless...
    Lewis - NRA Life - Oregon Firearms Federation - National Assoc. for Gun Rights

    Gun control is NOT about guns, it's about CONTROL.

  10. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,668
    I assure I am not in my own reality! This is the determination I came to upon hearing all the testimony. Just because the conclusion I came to isn't the same as yours doesn't make me delusional!

    Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk HD
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

    Benjamin Franklin

  11. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    I watched the same trial you watched. My perspective on it just happens to be different from yours.

    Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk HD
    Interesting perspective: When the system in place fails to reach your verdict, it is wrong.

    In our polite society, anyone is allowed to be nearly anywhere lawfully, as both TM and GZ were in this case. What transpired to make TM feel avoidance was not in his best interest or GZ to feel his life threatened was lawfully presented to the jury and, while I disagree with the Judge's involvement and with late introduction of a lesser charge, the jury reached a unanimous verdict. THE SYSTEM WORKED, and you are not happy about that because you disagree with the result? My preteen daughter thinks you are whining, and I have little hope for your acceptance of the justice afforded by our system. GZ has a very difficult life ahead, both the memory of the event and likely difficulties with our polite society. you, and others, failing to move along now that the system has worked will not make anyone in our polite society any safer and certainly will not assuage TM's family in this time.
    ________

    DRNurse1

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast