Wonder how they'll feel Monday. - Page 5
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Wonder how they'll feel Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    It's quite amusing on here how anyone whose opinion is different from those in majority on here is labeled delusional, not in touch with reality, etc. Listen guys, I watched proceedings just like the rest of you did. The fact that I determined Zimmerman to be guilty doesn't mean I wasn't paying attention, am delusional, or anything else. I just happen not to agree with you guys' assessment that the correct verdict was reached. In my opinion, it was the wrong verdict.

Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk HD
    While everyone is entitled to theirs, not all opinions are equal, not all are well considered and worthy of respect, in fact some are worthy of nothing more than contempt.
    The requirement for conviction in our criminal justice system is BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT.
    Your opinion is that the jury reached the wrong conclusion. If you expect that opinion to garner any respect you’re going to have to explain how the facts presented at trial clearly indicated, BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT, that GZ was guilty of something. What clear, unequivocal, unambiguous evidence was obviously missed by the jury that led to their collective error? I don’t think there was any, because it would have come out in the trial. The prosecution had almost nothing to start the case with, and it didn’t move from there. Many of the prosecution’s witnesses refuted the prosecution’s case, or simply introduced more ambiguity. Maybe I’m wrong. Enlighten me.
    We will never know with absolute precision exactly what transpired that night. But ponder this: The preponderance of evidence is that instead of just going home, TM maneuvered to confront GZ. If this is not so, how do you explain the fact that he didn’t just go home, when he clearly had the time? The preponderance of evidence presented also indicated that TM both surprised and assaulted GZ (we don’t know this with absolute certainty either, just as we don’t/can’t know if it was GZ that initiated an assault, but the evidence that was available tended to corroborate GZ’s story). The tragedy is that this last act cost TM his life. In my opinion, GZ was foolish on several counts. But that alone doesn’t make him a murderer, or guilty of manslaughter, or a racist, or anything else. I wouldn’t want to see anyone of any race, color, or creed convicted on as little evidence (all of it subject to reasonable doubt) as the state brought against GZ.
    Our justice system is not perfect in design or execution. But it WAS specifically designed with the intent to prevent people from being convicted based solely on opinion.

3. Quote Originally Posted by JCliff View Post
    While everyone is entitled to theirs, not all opinions are equal, not all are well considered and worthy of respect, in fact some are worthy of nothing more than contempt.
    The requirement for conviction in our criminal justice system is BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT.
    Your opinion is that the jury reached the wrong conclusion. If you expect that opinion to garner any respect youíre going to have to explain how the facts presented at trial clearly indicated, BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT, that GZ was guilty of something. What clear, unequivocal, unambiguous evidence was obviously missed by the jury that led to their collective error? I donít think there was any, because it would have come out in the trial. The prosecution had almost nothing to start the case with, and it didnít move from there. Many of the prosecutionís witnesses refuted the prosecutionís case, or simply introduced more ambiguity. Maybe Iím wrong. Enlighten me.
    We will never know with absolute precision exactly what transpired that night. But ponder this: The preponderance of evidence is that instead of just going home, TM maneuvered to confront GZ. If this is not so, how do you explain the fact that he didnít just go home, when he clearly had the time? The preponderance of evidence presented also indicated that TM both surprised and assaulted GZ (we donít know this with absolute certainty either, just as we donít/canít know if it was GZ that initiated an assault, but the evidence that was available tended to corroborate GZís story). The tragedy is that this last act cost TM his life. In my opinion, GZ was foolish on several counts. But that alone doesnít make him a murderer, or guilty of manslaughter, or a racist, or anything else. I wouldnít want to see anyone of any race, color, or creed convicted on as little evidence (all of it subject to reasonable doubt) as the state brought against GZ.
    Our justice system is not perfect in design or execution. But it WAS specifically designed with the intent to prevent people from being convicted based solely on opinion.
    Exactly! Take any legal class and you'll learn that the motto of our CJ system is that we would rather 100 guilty men go free than one innocent man be locked up. Knowing only what was presented in the trial, had I have been on the jury, I'd rather lay my head down at night thinking I let a guilty man walk than I would thinking I might have locked up an innocent man for 25 years or more.

Quote Originally Posted by JCliff View Post
    Your opinion is that the jury reached the wrong conclusion. If you expect that opinion to garner any respect youíre going to have to explain how the facts presented at trial clearly indicated, BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT, that GZ was guilty of something. What clear, unequivocal, unambiguous evidence was obviously missed by the jury that led to their collective error? I donít think there was any, because it would have come out in the trial. The prosecution had almost nothing to start the case with, and it didnít move from there. Many of the prosecutionís witnesses refuted the prosecutionís case, or simply introduced more ambiguity. Maybe Iím wrong. Enlighten me.
    We will never know with absolute precision exactly what transpired that night. But ponder this: The preponderance of evidence is that instead of just going home, TM maneuvered to confront GZ. If this is not so, how do you explain the fact that he didnít just go home, when he clearly had the time? The preponderance of evidence presented also indicated that TM both surprised and assaulted GZ (we donít know this with absolute certainty either, just as we donít/canít know if it was GZ that initiated an assault, but the evidence that was available tended to corroborate GZís story). The tragedy is that this last act cost TM his life. In my opinion, GZ was foolish on several counts. But that alone doesnít make him a murderer, or guilty of manslaughter, or a racist, or anything else. I wouldnít want to see anyone of any race, color, or creed convicted on as little evidence (all of it subject to reasonable doubt) as the state brought against GZ.
    Apparently, according to you, every single person who believed Zimmerman was guilty believed so not on the basis of fact, but on emotion, while every single person who believed he was innocent did so on the basis of the evidence alone. Alrighty then.

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

5. Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Apparently, according to you, every single person who believed Zimmerman was guilty believed so not on the basis of fact, but on emotion, while every single person who believed he was innocent did so on the basis of the evidence alone. Alrighty then.

I don't think he's saying that at all. He's saying that if you believed Zimmerman was innocent, it could be either by facts or by sheer opinion. However if you believe he's guilty, then it HAS to be by sheer opinion because their are no facts supporting that.

Quote Originally Posted by AndeyHall View Post
    I don't think he's saying that at all. He's saying that if you believed Zimmerman was innocent, it could be either by facts or by sheer opinion. However if you believe he's guilty, then it HAS to be by sheer opinion because their are no facts supporting that.
    I beg to differ. Im going to bed now, so I'll explain my position further in the morning.

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Blog Entries
    Wow, how did you come to that conclusion, sir?

Because you haven't offered a realistic argument in favor of your opinion. You avoid saying almost anything except that "GZ is guilty." I've been waiting to see if you'd ever elaborate and provide a valid argument, but everything you've offered has been pppffffttttt.

By the way, pppffftttt is the equivalent of a fart.

And how else should Trayvon have responded to being followed in the darkness by a stranger whose intentions he wasn't able to ascertain?

What would it take for me to believe Zimmerman did the right thing? Well gee, that's a loaded question! I saw the proceedings and came to my own conclusion, just as I'm sure you saw them and came to your own. Based on the testimony I saw, George Zimmerman was wrong and the jury got this wrong.

If TM felt threatened and we know he had a cell phone on him that night. He could have called 911 and told the operator that he was fearful because he was being followed. Instead he talked to his girl friend.
    I can not speak for everyone but that would be what I would do even if I was carrying at the time. I would NOT use the situation to be able to attack or shoot someone.

Blog Entries
    And how else should Trayvon have responded to being followed in the darkness by a stranger whose intentions he wasn't able to ascertain?

Oh for crying out loud... Are you for real?

Gee, I don't know... Go home? Call 911? Knock on a neighbor's door and ask for help?
    Any of 1000 options other than initiating an assault.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.

Blog Entries
    I assure I am not in my own reality! This is the determination I came to upon hearing all the testimony. Just because the conclusion I came to isn't the same as yours doesn't make me delusional!

I wonder which testimony you heard that proved to you beyond reasonable doubt that when gz pulled the trigger, he didn't feel he was in danger of serious injury or death?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.

I beg to differ. Im going to bed now, so I'll explain my position further in the morning.

Don't feel that you have to go to the effort on my account...
    Lewis - NRA Life - Oregon Firearms Federation - National Assoc. for Gun Rights

Gun control is NOT about guns, it's about CONTROL.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast