Wonder how they'll feel Monday. - Page 8
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Wonder how they'll feel Monday.

Tricolordad, you're the one who insists my sympathies are racially motivated, despite nothing in anything I've posted suggesting that. If you feel justified in suggesting that my sympathies are racial, I could feel equally justified in accusing Zimmerman's supporters of dancing on the grave of a child, and supporting a child killer.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    Except using this quote:

"creepy ass you-know-what"

Why even use that phrase to suggest what you'd teach your kids??
    I'm sorry, should etiquette have dictated that I say the actual word?

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Not at all. But injustice is still injustice regardless.

Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk HD
    So it doesn't matter that the justice system did what it was supposed to do and both Anthony and Zimmerman were rendered not guilty by a jury of their peers after the state presented the best case they could, you think there still needs to be some form of "justice"?
    To not stand against injustice is to stand for it.
    Don't confuse my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by walt629 View Post
    So it doesn't matter that the justice system did what it was supposed to do and both Anthony and Zimmerman were rendered not guilty by a jury of their peers after the state presented the best case they could, you think there still needs to be some form of "justice"?
    Don't put words in my mouth. What I'm saying is those verdicts weren't just.

Benjamin Franklin

Tricolordad, I've said nothing to suggest that my sympathies are racially motivated. Stop it!

Except using this quote:

"creepy ass you-know-what"

Why even use that phrase to suggest what you'd teach your kids??
    Creepy azz Cracka :p
    If it doesn't fit, FORCE it! If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway.

I am Black. I think O.J. was guilty in 1996 (and I was taken to task for having that position by all my Black friends) and, just like with Casey Anthony and George Zimmerman, I firmly believe that in all three cases, the victims did not receive the justice they deserved. I don't expect everyone to agree with me or my reasoning, but I take exception to being labeled something I'm not. Just because I'm Black doesn't mean I'm automatically going to side with the Black person in cases where the alleged criminal and victim are of different races.

Benjamin Franklin

Your version of events, just because it matches the jury's, doesn't make it the "truth." The only "truth" is that Martin and Zimmerman are the only two who really know what happened, and because Martin is dead, we got only one side of the story, point blank period.

The evidence says otherwise. The evidence painted a picture that supportes of Martin don't like, so they ignore the evidence and the facts presented and substantiated by that evidence.

Blog Entries
    I'm sorry, should etiquette have dictated that I say the actual word?

No, but if wasn't a harbored sentiment, you'd never even think the word, much less substitute it into your post. We never danced on the grave of a child. We simply stated the facts. It's not our fault a cold blooded murderous wannabe thug got himself shot while trying to kill somebody.

By your broad definition, I am a child killer. Middle and high school age kids tried to blow up our soldiers and other children. I killed a few. They were trying to kill people too. Someone who defends what is right, even if he has to use deadly force, should be applauded for doing what is right. Murder is wrong, Trayvon Martin was trying to kill Zimmerman. You have never disputed this fact. Why is it right for Trayvon to kill but not George?

And how else should Trayvon have responded to being followed in the darkness by a stranger whose intentions he wasn't able to ascertain?

What would it take for me to believe Zimmerman did the right thing? Well gee, that's a loaded question! I saw the proceedings and came to my own conclusion, just as I'm sure you saw them and came to your own. Based on the testimony I saw, George Zimmerman was wrong and the jury got this wrong.

Martin's "right thing" move would have been to high tail it to his dads home instead of turning and confronting Zimmerman. Actually Martins "right thing" would have been to not get thrown out of school for smoking pot and getting into a fight in school that got him expelled. If he was still in school he would have been living in his Mommas house in Miami-Dade area instead of in Sanford at his Dads place.

All actions have consequence. Martin chose the wrong action.

No, but if wasn't a harbored sentiment, you'd never even think the word, much less substitute it into your post. We never danced on the grave of a child. We simply stated the facts. It's not our fault a cold blooded murderous wannabe thug got himself shot while trying to kill somebody.
    I'll acknowledge that you never danced on the grave of a child if you can acknowledge that my sentiment is not racially motivated.

Benjamin Franklin

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast