Trayvon's Rule... - Page 10
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Trayvon's Rule...

Quote Originally Posted by Bttbbob View Post
    Nope not in Florida read:

Title XLVI
    CRIMES Chapter 776
    JUSTIFIABLE USE OF FORCE View Entire Chapter

776.041 Use of force by aggressor.—The justification described in the preceding sections of this chapter is not available to a person who:
    (1) Is attempting to commit, committing, or escaping after the commission of, a forcible felony; or
    (2) Initially provokes the use of force against himself or herself, unless:
    (a) Such force is so great that the person reasonably believes that he or she is in imminent danger of death or great bodily harm and that he or she has exhausted every reasonable means to escape such danger other than the use of force which is likely to cause death or great bodily harm to the assailant; or
    (b) In good faith, the person withdraws from physical contact with the assailant and indicates clearly to the assailant that he or she desires to withdraw and terminate the use of force, but the assailant continues or resumes the use of force.
    You missed the boat on that one bob. Right citation, but wrong emphasis. Above highlights are the important part to win your argument.
    Chief

At this point months later this has gone nowhere. They tried to kill the Stand Your Ground law and instead it was recommended to expand it. As this silly group would say "Ain't that a kick in the a$$?"

Quote Originally Posted by XD357grandpa View Post
    "One million educated black men". Is this a race issue again?
    Well, they didn't lose any by Trayvon's demise - he had been kicked out of school.

5. Quote Originally Posted by rayporsche View Post
    soooooooo.....when one reads the part that says : * Any person carrying a firearm or in possession of a concealed weapon of any type, must openly identify this fact to anyone with whom they engage in confrontation..................................... .................................

Makes one wonder while they are at it, wouldn't open carry resolve that issue ?

Thats what I'm wondering, if you tell someone, that you are in a confrontation with, that you have a concealed weapon, its most likely going to escalate unless you brandish. your state may have laws about that also....

Trayvon rule you walk away you go home, you jump me, you go to morgue.

OK you ten guys...don't attack me I have a gun
    lets see 1911 w/8 bullets...10 guys...ok so can we reschedule this for next week when I have my other gun with a bigger magazine....dang this is going to be inconvenient
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    lets see 1911 w/8 bullets...10 guys...ok so can we reschedule this for next week when I have my other gun with a bigger magazine....dang this is going to be inconvenient
    I'd say carry spare mags, but truth be told, most times, if a group of 10 guys sees 4 or 5 of their friends drop right next to them.. they usually turn tail and run. A lot of their bravado comes from the mob mentality of having a group with them. That diminishes quickly when they start getting killed.
    No statement should be believed because it is made by an authority.
    Robert A. Heinlein

it is amazing how one guy can get things so wrong. 1, either carry a weapon with a larger capacity 2. if you are going to carry a weapon with low ammo capacity either carry extra mags or a BUG and 3, like has been mentioned most of the time the animals are emboldened by their numbers, if you are attacked and are able to hit a couple of them it is more than likely the balance of the mob will scatter.

Chip McCormick makes 10rd Power mags for 1911's. I have 3 mags like this. They work excellently!
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

11. Have a large caliber, low round count, single-stack (XD-S .45acp) sidearm. 5 in mag plus one in pipe. I also have a very small 4 mag pouch. First mag in it is a 7-rounder, next three are 5-rounders.

28 total rounds. Chances are it will never get past the mag already in the sidearm. If it does, I'm in over my head. Takes a second to change mags. That's what we in the broadcasting world call, "dead air".
    I'm a firm believer in two term limits for all politicians; one in office, the other in prison.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast